ADVERTISEMENT

Quiet on the recruiting front

stucknks

Athletic Director
Jan 2, 2012
When will things start picking up?
Land the stud Lineman on both sides of the ball.

According to Sean Callahan, the Huskers are over the 85 player scholarship limit as of 4/20. Seems to me that portal recruiting will pick up when they have scholarships to give.

Last edited:
When will things start picking up?
Land the stud Lineman on both sides of the ball.
giphy.gif

I remember when you assured us that things would take off right after Dylan committed at the spring game
I'm glad your paying attention. It's not over yet.
Hold tight and don't put all your eggs in a basket

I'm glad your paying attention. It's not over yet.
Hold tight and don't put all your eggs in a basket
We JUST had a commit yesterday…The spring game actually is over, although you’re probably still watching it with the Easter bunny right up until your next appointment with Biden’s doctor.

Reactions: stucknks
The 5 am practices probably hurt spring recruiting a little. Likely drained coach Rhule a little who has admitted he’s not an early morning guy. But that’s what he believed the team needed, so that’s ok. We just need to create some buzz this season and I think we can. I saw much better tackling yesterday then I’ve seen in a while. And on offense I think we have more playmakers then most teams we play.

I totally believe Rhule could fill up this class today if he really wanted to but they are doubling down on the season to turn better talent. I keep saying it, everyone loves a comeback.

The 5 am practices probably hurt spring recruiting a little. Likely drained coach Rhule a little who has admitted he’s not an early morning guy. But that’s what he believed the team needed, so that’s ok. We just need to create some buzz this season and I think we can. I saw much better tackling yesterday then I’ve seen in a while. And on offense I think we have more playmakers then most teams we play.

I totally believe Rhule could fill up this class today if he really wanted to but they are doubling down on the season to turn better talent. I keep saying it, everyone loves a comeback.
Well considering they only practiced at 5 am once, I am not sure it hurt too much. Most of the practices started at 8, I believe.

Well considering they only practiced at 5 am once, I am not sure it hurt too much. Most of the practices started at 8, I believe.
Sorry I must have misread that. Well there goes that excuse then. He just whiffed 🤷‍♂️

JK. Maybe I read it meant Rhule would have to wake up that early?!? Either way, is there a difference for HS kids between 8 am and 5 am on non-school days? LOL

Next thing you’ll tell me is my job doesn’t pay me French benefits 😜

Not really so quiet when we had a couple of commitments in the last few days.
That's nice and all, but we've actually dropped in recruiting ranking since the spring game. That said, it's waaaay too early to hit the panic button about anything to do with recruiting. In fact, I think if we get too wrapped up in recruiting at all with Rhule, we're going to drive ourselves crazy. He's a development guy.

Reactions: timnsun
That's nice and all, but we've actually dropped in recruiting ranking since the spring game. That said, it's waaaay too early to hit the panic button about anything to do with recruiting. In fact, I think if we get too wrapped up in recruiting at all with Rhule, we're going to drive ourselves crazy. He's a development guy.
We could fill our class this week with 3 star guys with shaky offer lists. When a school with multiple years of losing records goes after highly ranked guys with multiple P5 offers, you’re going to have to be patient.

I pay ZERO attention to those recruiting rankings and less then zero (if there was such a thing) this soon before signing day. A lot of the highly ranked "committed" recruits at the present moment will be committed to someone else on signing day.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT