ADVERTISEMENT

***Quick update on the California visitors***

Nate Clouse

Nebraska Legend
Staff
Feb 14, 2012
Lincoln, Neb.
Keyshawn Johnson and his Team 19 All-Star crew are back en route to California now, but I had a chance to catch up with him and several of the visitors before they left.

The general theme from everyone I spoke with was that today could not have gone better than it did. Everything about the visit was impressive to these guys from the facilities to the way that the coaches and support staff treated them throughout the day. Several players told me that none of the other schools that they just visited were as informative and gave them as much attention as the Nebraska staff did today.

Of course, almost each and every player I spoke with commented on Coach Riley and how he lived up to what Keyshawn Johnson Sr. had been telling them about him. They said they appreciated that today didn't necessarily feel like they were being sold on a school or a offensive or defensive system. The day was more about learning about the program, building on relationships that the staff had already started, and just having fun.

By far the biggest news I was able to gather from the conversations I had was that Keyshawn Johnson Sr., Johnson Jr., Darnay Holmes and a handful of the other players will be coming back to Nebraska for the Red White Spring Game on April 11.

Again, today really could not have gone much better than it did. I'll be having a lot more come on from the visits shortly.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.