ADVERTISEMENT

Questions from a Gopher....

In the end of the day, this game will be a close, hard fought battle. Neither team will blow out the other. Sounds like Minnesota main WR will have a cast on his hand? Both teams have a few question marks coming into the game. But in the end, I think the Huskers having a solid defense and some big time weapons on offense, that will help the Huskers win a close one. Gophers will be 5-1 and Huskers will be 5-2. GBR

In the end of the day, this game will be a close, hard fought battle. Neither team will blow out the other. Sounds like Minnesota main WR will have a cast on his hand? Both teams have a few question marks coming into the game. But in the end, I think the Huskers having a solid defense and some big time weapons on offense, that will help the Huskers win a close one. Gophers will be 5-1 and Huskers will be 5-2. GBR
Where did you hear about our receiver wearing a cast? This is the first I’ve heard of it. Are you talking about Johnson? Bateman?

I agree with Herpes! This would be an unacceptable loss by the Huskers during this rebuilding process.. Frost is a better coach than Flap Hard Fleck and we will see that Saturday!

You people of the corn going to answer my question now?
What tier would you put your team in since joining the big ten?

One Minnesota receiver with a cast still leaves with 2.5 better receivers if J.D. doesn't player

You people of the corn going to answer my question now?
What tier would you put your team in since joining the big ten?
What does it matter? Why are you trolling? You seem to have a hard on for us people of the corn.

My honest answer is the middle of the pack in the big 10 during a rebuild. You know? One tier above Minnasota. Get lost or get a life.

And man these Gophers have gotten lucky this season. Barely escaping with wins against Georgia State (or is it Southern), Fresno State, SDSU and Purdue and now they are catching the Huskers after we just got Adrain Martinez and JD Speilman hurt. Not to mention the other guys we have lost up to this point. Minnesota has to be the luckiest team in the country thus far. Wow...amazing.
Nebraska will be the toughest test they have face by far, and we aren't very good. So Im curious to see how it goes. If they can come out and beat us by 2 or 3 tds I will have a tiny bit of respect for them. Again we are nothing great, but it would at least show they can beat a winning P5 program.

Nebraska will be the toughest test they have face by far, and we aren't very good. So Im curious to see how it goes. If they can come out and beat us by 2 or 3 tds I will have a tiny bit of respect for them. Again we are nothing great, but it would at least show they can beat a winning P5 program.
This isn’t necessarily the toughest test to date for the Gophers. We were smaller favorites at Fresno. Don’t get me wrong, I think Nebraska is the best team we’ve faced so far but being at home I like our chances and I’m more confident heading into this game than I was the week of Fresno State.

Nebraska since joining the BIG: 64-45
Minnesota in same period: 52-51 (I'm probably off, didn't check this too close)

Answer: Nebraska has kinda sucked. Minnesota has REALLY sucked. No one who matters cares. Should be a fun unimportant game. I hope it snows.

One thing's for sure, if Nebraska was 5-0 we'd be getting a lot of respect. How's that working out for you guys?

Nebraska since joining the BIG: 64-45
Minnesota in same period: 52-51 (I'm probably off, didn't check this too close)

Answer: Nebraska has kinda sucked. Minnesota has REALLY sucked. No one who matters cares. Should be a fun unimportant game. I hope it snows.

One thing's for sure, if Nebraska was 5-0 we'd be getting a lot of respect. How's that working out for you guys?
Respect is earned and we need to earn it still. Pretty simple.

The tier placement for Nebraska isn't based on our perception, but on everyone else's.

Nebraska has fired a head coach every 4 years on average for the last 15 years and is coming off back-to-back 4-8 seasons, yet they came into the season ranked #24 in the AP Poll.

Minnesota won a bowl game last season and is unranked in the AP Poll after a 5-0 start.

Regardless of where you or I place Nebraska, it's clear their tier is still different than Minnesota's.

A lot of Nebraska media has been saying this is a done deal...that Nebraska is guaranteed to beat Minnesota this weekend and you've essentially already started focusing on Ohio State in 2 weeks. So I just had a couple quick questions.

1) What improvements are you guys seeing that closes the gap from the 54-21 loss you suffered to a 5-7 Gopher team last year without a D1 QB? This year's team is currently 3-3 and has a nice win vs a good Fresno State win. This year's Nebraska squad has a nice win vs....oh yeah that's right....

2) This is more a point then a question but the Gophers lead the all time series 32-24 and since Nebraska joined the Big Ten the Huskers lead the series 4-3, so it seems pretty even to me.

3) I just want to clarify that you guys know it is 2018, not 1994 and you're not a national powerhouse anymore?

Gopher is a candy ass mascot

This isn’t necessarily the toughest test to date for the Gophers. We were smaller favorites at Fresno. Don’t get me wrong, I think Nebraska is the best team we’ve faced so far but being at home I like our chances and I’m more confident heading into this game than I was the week of Fresno State.
Talk in circles much? Not the toughest test to date and then Nebraska is the best team you've faced so far. Oooook

Talk in circles much? Not the toughest test to date and then Nebraska is the best team you've faced so far. Oooook
Makes perfect sense. Nebraska is better than Fresno State but beating Fresno State on the road may be tougher than beating Nebraska at home. Gophers are a touchdown favorite this weekend. They were only 3 point favorites at Fresno.

It’s Golden Gophers
ChubbyFrankDunlin-small.gif

Where did you hear about our receiver wearing a cast? This is the first I’ve heard of it. Are you talking about Johnson? Bateman?
Rashod Bateman posted on his snap story earlier today a picture of him with a splint on his hand. There was a thread on it on the 247 pay site. My heart immediately sank but one poster said he actually talked to Bateman today and Rashod said he hurt his thumb but it's not big deal, the splint is just precautionary and he will definitely play. It was a true roller coaster of emotions.

Rashod Bateman posted on his snap story earlier today a picture of him with a splint on his hand. There was a thread on it on the 247 pay site. My heart immediately sank but one poster said he actually talked to Bateman today and Rashod said he hurt his thumb but it's not big deal, the splint is just precautionary and he will definitely play. It was a true roller coaster of emotions.
Oh yeah, he’ll definitely play. For some reason teams like Minnesota treat playing Nebraska like it’s the Super Bowl.

What’s everyone’s feelings on Washington being allowed to play given the pending charges against him?

What’s everyone’s feelings on Washington being allowed to play given the pending charges against him?
Let's see if you're smart enough to find the key word in your question. I'm doubtful you will.

Makes perfect sense. Nebraska is better than Fresno State but beating Fresno State on the road may be tougher than beating Nebraska at home. Gophers are a touchdown favorite this weekend. They were only 3 point favorites at Fresno.

It's simple, we have key players injured and their availability for the game are unknown.

Martinez
Spielman
Still lack a field goal kicker

Last edited:

What's your feelings on our judicial system recognizing people as innocent until proven guilty by a trial.

Just want to make sure that I understand this thread correctly. Minnesota fan starts a thread last season to talk trash about Nebraska, Nebraska goes on to blow out Minnesota, Minnesota fan revives thread with same intentions as last season. Hopefully we all get the same outcome on Saturday.

Don't care one way or the other. None of my business, that is between him, the courts, and Frost to figure out. He plays I support him. If he doesn't I assume that is what is best.

Minnesota didn't just barely beat Purdue like some on here said. No, it couldn't have just as easily gone the other way. It was a decisive win, and on the road. MN was up 38-17 in the 4th....before letting up a bit, combined with a flukey onside kick and last-minute score...to get the final score to 38-31.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT