ADVERTISEMENT

Questions from a Gopher....

A lot of Nebraska media has been saying this is a done deal...that Nebraska is guaranteed to beat Minnesota this weekend and you've essentially already started focusing on Ohio State in 2 weeks. So I just had a couple quick questions.

1) What improvements are you guys seeing that closes the gap from the 54-21 loss you suffered to a 5-7 Gopher team last year without a D1 QB? This year's team is currently 3-3 and has a nice win vs a good Fresno State win. This year's Nebraska squad has a nice win vs....oh yeah that's right....

2) This is more a point then a question but the Gophers lead the all time series 32-24 and since Nebraska joined the Big Ten the Huskers lead the series 4-3, so it seems pretty even to me.

3) I just want to clarify that you guys know it is 2018, not 1994 and you're not a national powerhouse anymore?

I didn’t even read all your post. Because that goes both ways...two way door. Swings both ways. Both fan bases think it’s a done deal. But being honest, I think both fan bases know this game is far from a lock for either side. Both teams have struggled and had have issues up to this point. I’ll say this, This game won’t be a blow out like last year. This one will be a close game and won at the end. I won’t give you prediction of the game (I stopped doing that after the Colorado game) but I do feel the Huskers will pull it off in the end. The Huskers have to many weapons at our skill position for Minnesota to handle. But then again, we have a few hurt or potentially hurt. So we will see. Good luck finding away to stop Wan’dale Robinson...;)

You just beat northwestern at home on a last second field goal with their 3rd string QB...?

Give me a break, third string QB??? A Smith and Hunter Johnson have been battling all year long. They are literally both their starting QBs at the moment. Their stats are dam near identical. Plus They could have played Hunter Johnson if they wanted to. They went A Smith because of his running abilities. Not to mention we lost Martinez, lost JD Speilman early on and have few injuries slowing us down too...

Btw....Minnesota barley beat SDSU, Fresno State, Georgia State and Purdue. NWs defense is legit and you guys know this as well as any team. NW is the West champs from last year...so I’d hold off on that talk homie.

Last edited:
You just beat northwestern at home on a last second field goal with their 3rd string QB...?
We weren't talking about Nebraska. Nobody is claiming Nebraska is a top tier team right now. The topic was MN being the worst 5-0 team in history. Which you attempted to prove they weren't and I debunked your attempt. Stay on topic. So are you going to continue to try or have you given up already?

Reactions: huskerssalts
We weren't talking about Nebraska. Nobody is claiming Nebraska is a top tier team right now. The topic was MN being the worst 5-0 team in history. Which you attempted to prove they weren't and I debunked your attempt. Stay on topic.

Ok I’ll play along. So if Minnesota wins Saturday...what does that make your Nebraska team?

And would Minnesota then be the worst 6-0 team in history of college football?
Probably. And if so, it just means Nebraska isn’t a great football team this year.

Tell me again... who on our board is claiming to be great?

And would Minnesota then be the worst 6-0 team in history of college football?

why do you keep asking questions? When you’re avoiding answering any yourself. Again, you guys barely beat Georgia State, SDSU, Fresno State and Purdue...you guys haven’t even played anyone with a pulse and could have just as easily lost all 4 games. Minnesota could be 1-4 just as easily as being 5-0. Thank your lucky stars. But don’t mistake it, you guys are NOT good. Yes you could win Saturday, the Huskers are young and rebuilding...it still wouldn’t mean you’re good.

Ok I’ll play along. So if Minnesota wins Saturday...what does that make your Nebraska team?
It means nothing. It mean we lost to a bad 5-0 team. Simple as that. Believe me if Nebraska wins, nobody is going to be celebrating it as some top tier win. It would be equivalent to beat beat NW last weak or Illinois a few weeks ago. MN is not a top game circled on our schedule, even at 5-0

Reactions: CatColumbia
Ok honest question. No jokes.

Do you guys consider Nebraska a top tier program in the big ten? This season and since you’ve joined the big ten. I’m not trying to compare Minnesota so don’t go there. Wholistic question.

Ok honest question. No jokes.

Do you guys consider Nebraska a top tier program in the big ten? This season and since you’ve joined the big ten. I’m not trying to compare Minnesota so don’t go there. Wholistic question.

again, another question while avoiding questions your being asked. No thanks. I won’t answer since your not. You keep trying to flip it to the Huskers...You will not dictate this...period.

And man these Gophers have gotten lucky this season. Barely escaping with wins against Georgia State (or is it Southern), Fresno State, SDSU and Purdue and now they are catching the Huskers after we just got Adrain Martinez and JD Speilman hurt. Not to mention the other guys we have lost up to this point. Minnesota has to be the luckiest team in the country thus far. Wow...amazing.

Last edited:
again, another question while avoiding questions your being asked. No thanks. I won’t answer since your not. You keep trying to flip it to the Huskers...You will not dictate this...period.
Oh I’m sorry I missed your question.
What would you like me to answer?

And man these Gophers have gotten lucky this season. Barely escaping wins with Georgia State, Fresno State, SDSU and Purdue and now they are catching the Huskers after we just got Adrain Martinez and JD Speilman hurt. Not to mention the other guys we have lost up to this point. Minnesota has to be the luckiest team in the country thus far. Wow...amazing.
The Gophers were up double digits on GA southern when they scored two bizarre non offensive touchdowns in the final eight minutes and the Gophers still managed to win. Nothing lucky about it. Winning at Fresno is tough, not sure where luck was involved there either. Was up by 21 in the fourth at Purdue, a fluky on-side kick made that sound closer than the ass kicking it actually was. Illinois was a beatdown.

Gophers are 8-2 in their last ten games. Maybe they’re a decent team?

And man these Gophers have gotten lucky this season. Barely escaping with wins against Georgia State (or is it Southern), Fresno State, SDSU and Purdue and now they are catching the Huskers after we just got Adrain Martinez and JD Speilman hurt. Not to mention the other guys we have lost up to this point. Minnesota has to be the luckiest team in the country thus far. Wow...amazing.

Our starting QB went down before the season started...? Annexstad was running with the 1st unit during summer camp.
Morgan has seized the opportunity and run with it. We can’t control injuries or our schedule.
2015 Iowa team would tell you the same thing.

Oh I’m sorry I missed your question.
What would you like me to answer?

I believe it was a Wholistic question he asked you.

BAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

imagine being this stupid. woof.

hey, idiot, can you please talk to us about how the hell you go about your daily life, starting with how many tries it takes for you to tie your shoes?

like, how does it work? does the librarian help you log on to the internet to get to this site? how many times do you have to type 'rivals' to find your way here?

I want to know everything. I'm fascinated by you.

The Gophers were up double digits on GA southern when they scored two bizarre non offensive touchdowns in the final eight minutes and the Gophers still managed to win. Nothing lucky about it. Winning at Fresno is tough, not sure where luck was involved there either. Was up by 21 in the fourth at Purdue, a fluky on-side kick made that sound closer than the ass kicking it actually was. Illinois was a beatdown.

Gophers are 8-2 in their last ten games. Maybe they’re a decent team?

more maybe they got lucky this season. I don’t call barely beating Georgia State...southern, Fresno State, SDSU and A bad Purdue team as “DECENT”. Maybe to a dam Iowa fan that’s decent. But not to many.

Gophers are 8-2 in their last ten games. Maybe they’re a decent team?[/QUOTE

I’ll talk with you! You seem reasonable.

Our starting QB went down before the season started...? Annexstad was running with the 1st unit during summer camp.
Morgan has seized the opportunity and run with it. We can’t control injuries or our schedule.

well I’d take a lose to a starting QB in the very beginning then half way threw the season. At least this way you’re getting reps to the next man up early and often.

would you consider this a Wholistic answer?

giphy.gif

Reactions: EATAFAT1
Here’s an answer to your question. Bad 5-0 teams...didn’t go through all of history, cause I still have to work and stuff.

2017 Navy - finished 7-6
2017 Nebraska over ranked all year that’ll get the people fired up. Oh and yes I’m aware they beat gophers by 7 that year
2016 Tennessee - squeaked out 5 wins to start the year (2 vs group of 5)...can’t remember who they beat in their bowl game that year?
2015 Iowa team had a horse shoe all year too. Didn’t face a starting RB until like week 7 I think? They obviously are a little different in that they went 12-0. The point is teams get lucky with schedule and injuries and they can’t control that.

I’d also put this gophs team up against SMU, wake forest, Memphis for sure.

This took 10 minutes...don’t say silly things that involve “in college football history”.

We cool bro?

I’ll be fair with you here, this will be a tough battle and either team could win. Both teams our trying to build something special and have a ways to go. Neither team is “THERE” yet. But both are trying.
I think both programs have the right head coach to get it done.

Here’s an answer to your question. Bad 5-0 teams...didn’t go through all of history, cause I still have to work and stuff.

2017 Navy - finished 7-6
2017 Nebraska over ranked all year that’ll get the people fired up. Oh and yes I’m aware they beat gophers by 7 that year
2016 Tennessee - squeaked out 5 wins to start the year (2 vs group of 5)...can’t remember who they beat in their bowl game that year?
2015 Iowa team had a horse shoe all year too. Didn’t face a starting RB until like week 7 I think? They obviously are a little different in that they went 12-0. The point is teams get lucky with schedule and injuries and they can’t control that.

This took 10 minutes...don’t say silly things that involve “in college football history”.

We cool bro?
You sure Nebraska was 5-0 in 2017? You're really good at this research stuff.

Reactions: Top_Gun_

2017 Navy - finished 7-6

We cool bro?
Wholistically speaking, it doesn't look like you took a Wholistic look back at college football history.

Wholistically, at least.

source.gif

he still has to work and stuff, so
They were 5-0...then 6-0...then 7-0

Someone has already said that even if we win Saturday and then beat Rutgers we’d still be a bad 7-0 team. I think 2016 Nebraska is allowed given that narrative.

Again...we cool chief?

They were 5-0...then 6-0...then 7-0

Someone has already said that even if we win Saturday and then beat Rutgers we’d still be a bad 7-0 team. I think 2016 Nebraska is allowed given that narrative.

Again...we cool chief?
is this how you feel Wholistically?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT