ADVERTISEMENT

Questions from a Gopher....

A lot of Nebraska media has been saying this is a done deal...that Nebraska is guaranteed to beat Minnesota this weekend and you've essentially already started focusing on Ohio State in 2 weeks. So I just had a couple quick questions.

1) What improvements are you guys seeing that closes the gap from the 54-21 loss you suffered to a 5-7 Gopher team last year without a D1 QB? This year's team is currently 3-3 and has a nice win vs a good Fresno State win. This year's Nebraska squad has a nice win vs....oh yeah that's right....

2) This is more a point then a question but the Gophers lead the all time series 32-24 and since Nebraska joined the Big Ten the Huskers lead the series 4-3, so it seems pretty even to me.

3) I just want to clarify that you guys know it is 2018, not 1994 and you're not a national powerhouse anymore?
You are right, this isn't 94 and we are not a power house. The most important thing is you guys suck, and we don't need it to be 94, or to be a power house to beat you. Get use to it, from here on out. I don't see you beating us again. At least as long as Frost is here.

You are right, this isn't 94 and we are not a power house. The most important thing is you guys suck, and we don't need it to be 94, or to be a power house to beat you. Get use to it, from here on out. I don't see you beating us again. At least as long as Frost is here.
I think you're selling them a little short. They'll probably pull an upset at home once every 10-15 years.

Haha you went 4-8 dude. 4 and friggin 8 but you’re guaranteeing you will never lose to Minnesota again with Frost as coach?
You do realize other teams besides Nebraska recruit and upgrade facilities and “build programs” right?

Man you guys are delusional.

Reactions: FrazierFrosty1987
Haha you went 4-8 dude. 4 and friggin 8 but you’re guaranteeing you will never lose to Minnesota again with Frost as coach?
You do realize other teams besides Nebraska recruit and upgrade facilities and “build programs” right?

Another delusional post by herpes141.

Reactions: EATAFAT1

Rich, coming from the guy who was delusional about minnesota’s Chances against the huskers this year. Why are you even here after the butt-kicking you received from us? You were our slump-buster. Yours was the school that came in for us to destroy.

And here you are making fun of our record when your team was stomped on by this 4-8 team?

So if we are better now (and head to head says we are), you do realize that even though you may recruit and upgrade facilities, we will as well. You couldn’t beat us in Frost’s first year. Why will you beat us down the road when Frost’s coaching will only improve this team?

Don’t be an idiot and run your mouth off here after the turd you laid against us. Scoreboard.

Enough said.

Reactions: steelclaw
There are teams that will often times be a bit of a challenge for NU; I don't consider MN to be one of them. Maybe I think that way because I can't stand the sight of your coach and I hope I don't have to see him excitedly dry-humping his players legs if they beat us, or maybe because MN has just never, ever, been good. But, hard to not notice the ass-kicking you put on Due and Wisconsin. Maybe someone could talk him into a mock turtleneck sweater? That would look better than his skin-tight boy-scout leader sweater-tie combo.
Frost will never lose to the Gophers.

Rich, coming from the guy who was delusional about minnesota’s Chances against the huskers this year. Why are you even here after the butt-kicking you received from us? You were our slump-buster. Yours was the school that came in for us to destroy.

And here you are making fun of our record when your team was stomped on by this 4-8 team?

So if we are better now (and head to head says we are), you do realize that even though you may recruit and upgrade facilities, we will as well. You couldn’t beat us in Frost’s first year. Why will you beat us down the road when Frost’s coaching will only improve this team?

Don’t be an idiot and run your mouth off here after the turd you laid against us. Scoreboard.

Enough said.
A poster said in another thread that this lunatic is not a Minnesota fan. He may be right.

Reactions: timnsun

Yet here you are . Day after day hour upon hour.

Reactions: EATAFAT1

You can scream 4-8 from the mountaintops until you choke. You've never seen a happier 4-8 fan base in your life. And funny enough, one of those four wins was a BLOWOUT against the Gophers.

How sad is it that the team you pretend to support couldn't even beat Frost in his transitional year? Of course, real Minnesota fans aren't here talking shit. Just obsessed manlets like you who hang out here 24/7 to remind us of how little attention we deserve from outsiders. Laughing

You can scream 4-8 from the mountaintops until you choke. You've never seen a happier 4-8 fan base in your life. And funny enough, one of those four wins was a BLOWOUT against the Gophers.

How sad is it that the team you pretend to support couldn't even beat Frost in his transitional year? Of course, real Minnesota fans aren't here talking shit. Just obsessed manlets like you who hang out here 24/7 to remind us of how little attention we deserve from outsiders. Laughing
Don't think he's a Minnesota fan. More likely Iowa or UCF.

This 4-8 teams destroyed you this year. Wouldn't be coming on here and talking shit.

I find it funny/ sad that fans of programs like UCF and Iowa only live in the here and now. They don't look to the past they don't look to the future. They define success as 8 win season or a couple years of good teams. Any really great program, knows all time frames matter. Nebraska has had a historic past. We have had an an Average 15 years and a shitty 3 or 4 years. We know the future is bright, hence why you aren't going to find many of us depressed about our 4-8 season. We can see where this is headed, years of winning records and championships are on there way. So to UCF, Iowa and any other fan base who lives in the right now and happy with your average team and short term success. Who doesn't understand why we are all happy with 4-8. Here at Nebraska we have seen greatness, we have lived greatness, we expect greatness, and will will have it in the future. 4-8 is a drop of water in the hurricane of greatness about to come.

Last edited:
I find it funny/ sad that fans of programs like UCF and Iowa only live in the here and now. They don't look to the past they don't look to the future. They define success as 8 win season or a couple years of good teams. Any really great program, knows all time frames matter. Nebraska has had a historic past. We have had an an Average 15 years and a shitty 3 or 4 years. We know the future is bright, hence why you aren't going to find my of us depressed about our 4-8 season. We can see where this is headed, years of winning records and championships are on there way. So to UCF, Iowa and any other fan base who lives in the right now and happy with your average team and short term success. Who doesn't understand why we are all happy with 4-8. Here at Nebraska we have seen greatness, we have lived greatness, we expect greatness, and will will have it in the future. 4-8 is a drop of water in the hurricane of greatness about to come.

Bingo. And it's not like Nebraska was only great from Devaney through TO. We're currently fifth in all-time wins at 897. Devaney and TO's wins combined make up less than 40% of that total.

If we wanted to play the little bitch game along with those creating fake championships and/or claiming false ones, Nebraska has NINE unclaimed national championships. Nine. NU could claim 14 total if they wanted, but have decided to only claim the five undisputed titles it earned on the field.

Leaving nine MNCs on the table has to be a record with all the rewriting/inventing of history at Bama, UT, A&M and "hey, me too!" programs like UCF. I'm glad we don't claim them for obvious reasons, but it certainly tells the story of a team that was at the highest levels of college football repeatedly throughout its history.

The funny thing is that the ONE program among those mentioned previously that does have a legitimate history is Minnesota, an absolute powerhouse in the early to mid-20th century, but their long, slow decline began around the time Devaney arrived in Lincoln and they've never really recovered.

But again, you don't hear real Gopher fans here saying peep. Just the same Knighthawk nutjob(s) over and over again with the same transparent drivel. Like you said, they will hone in any time frame that suits their "argument" now matter how petty and desperate it makes them look.

Anyway, back to being Husker fans with an amazing history and an extremely bright future. Cheers to us. Smokin

A lot of Nebraska media has been saying this is a done deal...that Nebraska is guaranteed to beat Minnesota this weekend and you've essentially already started focusing on Ohio State in 2 weeks. So I just had a couple quick questions.

1) What improvements are you guys seeing that closes the gap from the 54-21 loss you suffered to a 5-7 Gopher team last year without a D1 QB? This year's team is currently 3-3 and has a nice win vs a good Fresno State win. This year's Nebraska squad has a nice win vs....oh yeah that's right....

2) This is more a point then a question but the Gophers lead the all time series 32-24 and since Nebraska joined the Big Ten the Huskers lead the series 4-3, so it seems pretty even to me.

3) I just want to clarify that you guys know it is 2018, not 1994 and you're not a national powerhouse anymore?

What sport are we talking about ?

Hey guys! Remember me? Heard you’re coming to town next weekend.

Haven’t seen many Nebraska games this year...how’s the CFP campaign going?

Where is Martinez sitting currently in the heisman race???

Reactions: FrazierFrosty1987

Go root for the twins

Been kind of a rough road this year, actually.

Maybe you should ask, "Who was the last FBS opponent Nebraska dominated?"

Or do you already know the answer to that?

Do you have google and YouTube?

Agree, I've seen the Vegas lines favor NU (I think -6), but haven't seen any articles getting the champagne ready. Frost hasn't even called this a "winnable game" to my knowledge.

Haven't seen the line yet but it should be minn -10-14

Can you guys get refunds on your CFP tickets and your big ten championship tickets?

What about hotels in Indianapolis? Were you already charged for those?

I’m asking for a friend.

Can you guys get refunds on your CFP tickets and your big ten championship tickets?

What about hotels in Indianapolis? Were you already charged for those?

I’m asking for a friend.

While I get what you are doing...I don't believe you are asking for a friend.

Reactions: Cornicator

Considering MN is possibly the worst 5-0 team in the history of college football, you don't have much room to talk.

Reactions: TarheelHuskerFan
he wants to know if we were able to get refunds because he wants to know how as well.

Nebraska has about as good of a shot to play in indy as minnesota does.

go row a boat.
Exactly MN isn't getting anywhere close to indy. Guessing they will finish 7-5 or 8-4. The only teams on their schedule I see them with a legit shot to win are NW and Rutgers. All in all I think MN and Neb are very very similar teams. I think this game will be a dog fight, back and forth type game. I could see it going either way, with winner by less than a td. The only diff right now between the 2 teams is record. The only reason MN is 5-0 and not 3-2 or 2-3 is because the had a crap schedule and were able to squeak out wins by the skin of their teeth.

Last edited:
Exactly MN isn't getting anywhere close to indy. Guessing they will finish 7-5 or 8-4. The only teams on their schedule I see them with a legit shot to win are NW and Rutgers.

I don't think Minnesota matches up well with Northwestern at all. And Fitz has completely dominated Fleck since he entered the Big Ten. I will be very surprised if Minnesota beats Northwestern in Chicago this season.

Feel free to go do some research and prove me wrong, until then, yes.
Boise, wake forest, Memphis and Baylor all Have worse strength of schedule rating than gophers. I did that in 30 seconds.

You really want me to go through the history of college football?

Go shove some corn up your ass and watch tommy Frazier highlights.

Boise, wake forest, Memphis and Baylor all Have worse strength of schedule rating than gophers. I did that in 30 seconds.

None of those teams have squeaked by 4 shit opponents. Carry on

100% agree. Memphis, Baylor, Wake, Boise and Minnesota are all bad teams. BTW, if I didn't thank you for being our slump-buster last year.... thanks.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT