ADVERTISEMENT

Questions from a Gopher....

harpe141

Feb 2, 2016
A lot of Nebraska media has been saying this is a done deal...that Nebraska is guaranteed to beat Minnesota this weekend and you've essentially already started focusing on Ohio State in 2 weeks. So I just had a couple quick questions.

1) What improvements are you guys seeing that closes the gap from the 54-21 loss you suffered to a 5-7 Gopher team last year without a D1 QB? This year's team is currently 3-3 and has a nice win vs a good Fresno State win. This year's Nebraska squad has a nice win vs....oh yeah that's right....

2) This is more a point then a question but the Gophers lead the all time series 32-24 and since Nebraska joined the Big Ten the Huskers lead the series 4-3, so it seems pretty even to me.

3) I just want to clarify that you guys know it is 2018, not 1994 and you're not a national powerhouse anymore?

Can you post the links of Nebraska media calling this game a done deal? Thanks in advance.
Agree, I've seen the Vegas lines favor NU (I think -6), but haven't seen any articles getting the champagne ready. Frost hasn't even called this a "winnable game" to my knowledge.

Reactions: huskerfan66
A lot of Nebraska media has been saying this is a done deal...that Nebraska is guaranteed to beat Minnesota this weekend and you've essentially already started focusing on Ohio State in 2 weeks. So I just had a couple quick questions.

1) What improvements are you guys seeing that closes the gap from the 54-21 loss you suffered to a 5-7 Gopher team last year without a D1 QB? This year's team is currently 3-3 and has a nice win vs a good Fresno State win. This year's Nebraska squad has a nice win vs....oh yeah that's right....

2) This is more a point then a question but the Gophers lead the all time series 32-24 and since Nebraska joined the Big Ten the Huskers lead the series 4-3, so it seems pretty even to me.

3) I just want to clarify that you guys know it is 2018, not 1994 and you're not a national powerhouse anymore?
So much butt hurt. We've been waiting for you!

Who are you having this argument with, exactly? I haven't seen anybody chalking up a win over Minnesota as a "done deal." But if having an imaginary argument with some people you can't identify allows you to talk smack about Gopher football, knock yourself out.

UCF fan obsession with Nebraska football has officially jumped the shark.

You should have stated yourself as a goober instead of a gopher. And let's clarify that you are an idiot as well.

DontFeedTheTrolls2.jpg

Lurk

That is Vegas, and the Twin Cities media saying such things. The only thing i've heard from Nebraska, was a quote (via Twitter of all places) that was supposed to be attributed to a player saying Minnesota ran up the score last year. That seemed to be created by the person asking the questions. Both camps have been whisper quiet otherwise.

I am really looking forward to this pillow fight and I expect N to give the Gophers all they can handle if not more. If last week's Gopher Team decides to show up perhaps Minnesota gets their first W. Always tough when best offensive and defensive player are out for the year and you're breaking in a Fresh QB. I don't care how bad the opponent, it's still the B1G. Any scenario unfolding for this game would not surprise me.

1. Congrats on you "nice win" over "good" Fresno Sate.
2. Last year is over and we will pry row the boat over your ass this year.
3. The experts I go by are in Nevada and they have you as a 6 point dog to an 0-6 team. To me that says more about you than us.

I guess I am not sure where you have heard Nebraska media saying it is a done deal. I have heard nobody saying it is a done deal, especially Nebraska media. Please let us know where you heard this.
The biggest gap closer from last year to this is Mike Riley is gone. Last years team quite, plain and simple. It is pretty easy to put up 54 on team that has checked out and didn't want to be there. I can almost promise you this will not be another beat down like last year. This team has not lost because we suck. This team has lost because of a couple bad mistakes, or plays. Most games we have out gained our opponents in every stat. I am not football ball expert, but most times, that wins you the games. This year is just one of the fluke years that everything that can go wrong goes wrong.
Sorry but you are no world beater this year. As Frost likes to say, you are a winnable game for sure. Will we? who know, the way this year is going anything is possible and would not surprise us. To think you are going to blow us out like last year is insane. Based on all our games this year. I am guessing it will be a higher scoring, close game. With the deciding factor coming down to how many penalties, and boned mistakes we make.
Yes your are about the 10,000 person who can come on here and stated it is not 1994. We all are very aware of that but thanks for pointing out the obvious.

Here I've been using SWIowaHawks as an example of good football talk between fanbases... and he goes and likes a troll post from a moron UCF fan posing as a Gopher. Fredo, you're nothing to me now. You're not a brother, you're not a friend. I don't want to know you or what you do. I don't want to see you at the hotels, I don't want you near my house. When you see our mother, I want to know a day in advance, so I won't be there. You understand?

Haha I promise you guys on my life, he’s one of the biggest gopher fans out there. Not a troll.. I’ll change the goal posts from his question a little bit because I have seen a lot of posts and tweets about it but what makes the FAN BASE so confident the huskers win this weekend?

Reactions: harpe141
I guess I am not sure where you have heard Nebraska media saying it is a done deal. I have heard nobody saying it is a done deal, especially Nebraska media. Please let us know where you heard this.
The biggest gap closer from last year to this is Mike Riley is gone. Last years team quite, plain and simple. It is pretty easy to put up 54 on team that has checked out and didn't want to be there. I can almost promise you this will not be another beat down like last year. This team has not lost because we suck. This team has lost because of a couple bad mistakes, or plays. Most games we have out gained our opponents in every stat. I am not football ball expert, but most times, that wins you the games. This year is just one of the fluke years that everything that can go wrong goes wrong.
Sorry but you are no world beater this year. As Frost likes to say, you are a winnable game for sure. Will we? who know, the way this year is going anything is possible and would not surprise us. To think you are going to blow us out like last year is insane. Based on all our games this year. I am guessing it will be a higher scoring, close game. With the deciding factor coming down to how many penalties, and boned mistakes we make.
Yes your are about the 10,000 person who can come on here and stated it is not 1994. We all are very aware of that but thanks for pointing out the obvious.

You've out gained 3 out of 6 teams....?

Haha I promise you guys on my life, he’s one of the biggest gopher fans out there. Not a troll.. I’ll change the goal posts from his question a little bit because I have seen a lot of posts and tweets about it but what makes the FAN BASE so confident the huskers win this weekend?
I don’t see it. Why do you think our fan base is confident? All I see is hair pulling and doom and gloom.

I’ll take it a step further. I think last week we were confident, we thought this is finally the week and after we pissed it away, a lot of people decided the team will quit and we will never win again.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT