ADVERTISEMENT

Question on Twitter from Severe on Twittet

Lol. If you don't get the point it is on Twitter. Don't take a phone call in the middle of posting something I guess.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

So, the "hidden" question is did Pelini upgrade or downgrade the talent.

Shooting from the hip I would say Pelini in a landslide. Not sure what the correct answer is, but that's what jumped into my head when I read the question.

Bo had more talent ...Dirk said it well yesterday in his blog...this team as it is currently assembled doesnt have many difference makers ...Bo had one of the best dlineman in the history of our program

My take is that Riley has more talent top to bottom now then Pelini did when he took over. When Pelini took over, however, there were a few more true difference makers on the roster.

When Bo took over, he had guys like Suh, Prince, Helu, ect... but the roster was super thin in a couple of areas. Suh, Prince, and Helu had never done anything prior to 2008 really so they were unknowns. Linebackers were so thin, we had running back Cody Glenn starting for most of the season. Quarterback was terribly thin as well with an average Joe Ganz and really nothing else. No WRs beyond Swift and Peterson either. Offensive line was a mess too.

Now, though we don't have a Suh... we are top-to-bottom a more talented team. Guys like Collins and Valentine are up there... the WRs are much better.. QBs are better in my opinion (some will disagree)... DBs are much better... everything is "filled out" a little bit more. So although we don't have a Suh on the roster... we have a lot of good players and it looks like Bo left the program more talented then he inherited it overall...

One question... how is the LB situation so similar to when Callahan left? Bo had seven years to get some Linebackers and we never got enough guys.

EDIT: Easy way to answer this question: If we would line up the 2008 team that opened the year against the 2015 team that is opening the year... .who do you see winning? I don't see the 2008 team being able to hang.
This post was edited on 4/16 12:48 PM by canthesniffgetthekick

Can we just sit back and see how things pan out? We haven't even seen one game and the excuse making has started.

P.S. I bet the current crop of players just love this tweet
rolleyes.r191677.gif

LB, DE, and OT are really thin now and Qb is arguably just as bad in terms of guys who can play at a decently high level,
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Was it the 08 or 09 team that was either first or second in scoring defense all year next to 'Bama I think it was. Didn't we give up like 9.6 points per game? In the Big 12 no less? I don't think there is any way this defense will or could match that. Swift and Peterson were two very under rated receivers, I loved 'em. Helu is no AA, but he was pretty freaking good. Like I said, I think, Bo in a landslide. Curious to read others opinions.

that '09 team should have played for a bcs bowl. the refs took that texas game away from them. they also should have never given away the virginia tech and iowa st games. if it weren't for awful quarterback play that could have been a truly special team.

I hated what happened in that Texas game as well, but be totally honest...If the shoe was on the other foot, Nebraska fans would have thought they deserved that second be put back on as well. No way in heck we would have just shrugged our shoulders and thought to ourselves "well, that's life, Texas won fair and square". We'd still be bitching about it to this day if the shoe was on the other foot and we didn't get that second. Doesn't make either side right, but that was a really strange turn of events that was going to leave one side feeling screwed, it just happened to be us.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT