ADVERTISEMENT

Question from OU guy that is a Husker fan

Look---I agree with many of your takes on many things. He's been on here for 6 years. I guess I don't get why he bugs you so much, or why you don't just ignore him.

And there was nothing wrong with that post of his.

He’s a troll and his act is beyond played out. Why would someone not say what team they support and why would someone make up a profile and pretend to be a fan of a team he isn’t? Then again, who would pretend to know people in the Florida athletic department or to be a frontline Covid worker?

is it? -- lets look at turnovers as a surrogate for discipline

from 2004-2018 Neb has cumulatively been the worst program in the nation in turnover margin at -80 over that time span - that averages out to -5.3 per season

despite this Neb has had a 0.60 winning percentage during this time

5d5ebd680324f.image.jpg

Neb turnover margin

Scott Frost's team had a turnover margin of -2 in 2018 and 0 in 2019 (much better than the average for Neb over the last 15 years) yet his winning percentage was <0.4 when other Neb coaches have had a winning percentage of 0.6 with much worse turnover margins

in 2020 - Neb had a -11 turnover margin

Bo Pelini in 2013 led a team with a -13 turnover margin to a 9-4 record and a 5-3 conference record
Keep penalties in mind Nebraska 93rd in penalty yards per game.

Now add negative plays such as a botched snap that rolls back 15 yards and is fallen on Nebraska 71st in TFL allowed.

Now add rushing YPC 4.82 YPC is not terrible but not great.

Now add passing YPC Nebraska was 116th.

Now Time of Possession, 92nd.

Now bear in mind NU tends to have 1-2 "feast" games a year where it puts up pretty offensive stats against a hideous opponent like Rutgers that pulls up the averages from a stretch run of wretched offensive outings.

Your ultimate stat here is offensive points per game. NU was a putrid scoring offense this year. 100th in the FBS at 23.1 PPG. You don't win like that unless you're excellent defensively.

Interestingly Northwestern only had 23.9 PPG but they were positive in turnover margin for the year and 22nd in Total Defense. Nebraska was 52nd.

Time of Possession NW was 43rd. Nebraska 92nd. They executed the formula to win low-scoring games, we didn't.

Turnovers are one of the problems with this offense but they're far from the only problem. There was a "highlight" posted of every NU touchdown this year. Almost all of them were little 1-yard plunges, barely any long scores in the bunch.

This offense was billed as explosive but what it actually has been is dink & dunk. QB play is the biggest problem with that, enough so that Martinez got benched mid-year. Then McCaffrey was so awful Martinez got the job back and even though he was better he still wasn't throwing TDs.

When you try to "game manage" your way down the field you have to be nearly error-free. A 5 yard penalty doesn't seem like much unless you're a 3-4 yards per play team, then suddenly you can't make 15 yards in 3 tries.

IMO turnover margin is the most powerful stat in football, but it's not the only stat.

He’s a troll and his act is beyond played out. Why would someone not say what team they support and why would someone make up a profile and pretend to be a fan of a team he isn’t? Then again, who would pretend to know people in the Florida athletic department or to be a frontline Covid worker?
The ignore button works really well. Trust me.

"Coach (Tom) Osborne told us before every game that .the team that wins the turnover battle is going to win."

- Scott Frost
ha! tell that to wake forest, I guess.

turnover margin is a garbage statistical surrogate for discipline as it relates to wins/losses. your own posts prove that. I'm telling you what would make your argument better, providing you plenty of anti-Frost & staff fodder without any noise (luck, outliers, etc.), and you still can't just say thank you. guess I can only lead you to water, after all.

what a prideful little troll you are.

Reactions: scarletred
Ask the person who asked him to name HIS team or GTFO and then we can move on...

He hasn’t come clean and he worshiped Mike Riley till the very end of his lousy career in Lincoln and has dogged SF since the day his was hired..

Do I need to explain more..

I am not picking a fight but my question is "so what"? He can like Riley all he wants, free country and free board. His comparisons often hit too close to home for some on here but instead of challenging his information, his allegiance is challenged. hmmm

• Love
Reactions: BleedRed78
I’m critical as many of us are..Apparently you haven’t seen enough of his posts the past couple of months to know he‘s trolling ...
Dinglefritz has said he admits working in a hospital in Minneapolis or around the Minneapolis area..and brings up negative posts NEVER positive posts..

Plenty of us see and read and what he is about..
So quit feeding this troll..

Good Day..
Isn't Dinglefritz in or from Minnesota? Couldn't that be a sign that he's really a Gopher fan? Now, I'm sure he isn't, but he technically could be.

Some people are just critical people.

Are there not Husker fans all over the country?

I'm not feeding anyone. You're the one that keeps telling him to get out or shut up. Maybe you need to stop feeding him, or hit the ignore button, because I don't think he's going anywhere.

Last edited:
Isn't Dinglefritz in or from Minnesota? Couldn't that be a sign that he's really a Gopher fan? Now, I'm sure he isn't, but he technically could be.

I'm not feeding anyone. You're the one that keeps telling him to get out or shut up. Maybe you need to stop feeding him, or hit the ignore button, because I don't think he's going anywhere.

No Dinglefritz lives in South Dakota..

I won’t be the only from time to time posting the same thing..

Keep penalties in mind Nebraska 93rd in penalty yards per game.

Now add negative plays such as a botched snap that rolls back 15 yards and is fallen on Nebraska 71st in TFL allowed.

Now add rushing YPC 4.82 YPC is not terrible but not great.

Now add passing YPC Nebraska was 116th.

Now Time of Possession, 92nd.

Now bear in mind NU tends to have 1-2 "feast" games a year where it puts up pretty offensive stats against a hideous opponent like Rutgers that pulls up the averages from a stretch run of wretched offensive outings.

Your ultimate stat here is offensive points per game. NU was a putrid scoring offense this year. 100th in the FBS at 23.1 PPG. You don't win like that unless you're excellent defensively.

Interestingly Northwestern only had 23.9 PPG but they were positive in turnover margin for the year and 22nd in Total Defense. Nebraska was 52nd.

Time of Possession NW was 43rd. Nebraska 92nd. They executed the formula to win low-scoring games, we didn't.

Turnovers are one of the problems with this offense but they're far from the only problem. There was a "highlight" posted of every NU touchdown this year. Almost all of them were little 1-yard plunges, barely any long scores in the bunch.

This offense was billed as explosive but what it actually has been is dink & dunk. QB play is the biggest problem with that, enough so that Martinez got benched mid-year. Then McCaffrey was so awful Martinez got the job back and even though he was better he still wasn't throwing TDs.

When you try to "game manage" your way down the field you have to be nearly error-free. A 5 yard penalty doesn't seem like much unless you're a 3-4 yards per play team, then suddenly you can't make 15 yards in 3 tries.

IMO turnover margin is the most powerful stat in football, but it's not the only stat.
When and if the O ever gets rolling, the TOP is gonna look like this or worse as it's designed to score very quickly so the only stat that can be left out of this is Time Of Posession.

He is not a Husker fan, he is a troll. His act is ridiculous, while there is occasionally a fact or two, it is 99% BS, flat out lies and regurgitating the same quotes over and over. Yes, some people are critical and just like to bitch, we have all sorts of posters that fit this bill, this guy is not one of them, he is the definition of a troll. But you are right, he’s not going anywhere, in fact it appears he now has multiple accounts.

He is not a Husker fan, he is a troll. His act is ridiculous, while there is occasionally a fact or two, it is 99% BS, flat out lies and regurgitating the same quotes over and over. Yes, some people are critical and just like to bitch, we have all sorts of posters that fit this bill, this guy is not one of them, he is the definition of a troll. But you are right, he’s not going anywhere, in fact it appears he now has multiple accounts.

Thank you, Sir..

And what's your proof he isn't a real Husker fan?

3rd down offense/defense is a much better surrogate for discipline than turnover margin, in my opinion, and I suspect follows the ebb/flow of the win-loss record much more closely over any period of time you'd like to arbitrarily compare.

accurately portraying statistical evidence isn't your strong suit, as you've proven over and over and over, so I don't blame you for once again wasting precious downtime (in a deadly pandemic, no less!) on a completely meaningless post.
[/QU
Some people haven’t been paying any attention for months is the problem..
As much as I've given Frost a hard time lately, I'd take him over Riley staff in heartbeat. At least they're developing physically.

As much as I've given Frost a hard time lately, I'd take him over Riley staff in heartbeat. At least they're developing physically.

It’s very obvious to anyone paying attention. Just look at his posts history, if you want. You asked why he is asked by so many posters to tell his team, etc. I tried to answer.
So, if he has just said, "Nebraska", that would have cleared up everything?

And, as the Beav said, the ignore button works wonders. I'd rather do that, instead of blow a gasket every time someone posts, but that's just me.

Let's say I am. Explain it. I have asked, and not one person had provided a shred of proof.

And no, I am not going to back and look at someone's posting history beyond what I already have. If it is so obvious, then it should be easy for you to explain.
You can do your own research. His posting history speaks for itself.
And I have no problem with trolls being called out. This board has been infested with trolls over the last few months, mainly Iowa losers who like to create a fake Husker name but their true agenda comes out pretty quick.
Lastly maybe you want to take your own advice and use the ignore function on those of us who call out the trolls.

You can do your own research. His posting history speaks for itself.
And I have no problem with trolls being called out. This board has been infested with trolls over the last few months, mainly Iowa losers who like to create a fake Husker name but their true agenda comes out pretty quick.
Lastly maybe you want to take your own advice and use the ignore function on those of us who call out the trolls.
jlb has been on here longer than either you or I, and it isn't close.

I did a random scroll through on his comments, going back as far as it would let me. Is he critical of the current state of the program? Absolutely. However, I still fail to get what makes him an Iowa or Minnesota troll, other than pissing people off.

Now, can you elaborate? Let me guess---I just happened to skip the pages where he reveals himself as such.

Last edited:
Most posters here can be critical of parts of the program while still staying balanced and have positive points on other issues. All he brings to the board is negativity and he does it trolling to get responses. If you can’t see that, me going deeper isn’t going to change your mind.

As far as how long I’ve been here isn’t really relevant but just so you know I’ve been on this site years before under a different screen name.

Most posters here can be critical of parts of the program while still staying balanced and have positive points on other issues. All he brings to the board is negativity and he does it trolling to get responses. If you can’t see that, me going deeper isn’t going to change your mind.

As far as how long I’ve been here isn’t really relevant but just so you know I’ve been on this site years before under a different screen name.
I get that he's negative; you get no argument from me on that. But how does that make him a closeted pro-Iowa/Minnesota troll?

And why is it OK for you to be on here under different screen names, but not others?

For the record .. very early after the Frost hire I stated that he will have Iowa type success (maybe a little better - maybe a little worse) and the fan base will rejoice

I know......call me the eternal optimist

reminder that in year 4 Ferentz went undefeated in the conference, played in the orange bowl and finished the season in the top 10

Ferentz has only had 3 total losing regular seasons while at Iowa

Last edited:
I get that he's negative; you get no argument from me on that. But how does that make him a closeted pro-Iowa/Minnesota troll?

And why is it OK for you to be on here under different screen names, but not others?

Come on. He is the biggest troll in the history of this board, if you aren’t seeing it, it is because you don’t want to, for some reason. He isn’t even subtle about it. We have plenty of posters that are negative, many even angry and downright spiteful. Heck, none of us are happy with the state of the program right now. But they are all still Husker fans and are here to talk football, for better or worse. That is not what he is about, he is just like the Iowa trolls that just want to stir shut up. But even they admit what they are and don’t create some lame fake persona.

Now why is it that it bothers you so much that some posters are asking him who he is a fan of? Seems like a pretty simple question, any normal person would be happy to answer.

Come on. He is the biggest troll in the history of this board, if you aren’t seeing it, it is because you don’t want to, for some reason. He isn’t even subtle about it. We have plenty of posters that are negative, many even angry and downright spiteful. Heck, none of us are happy with the state of the program right now. But they are all still Husker fans and are here to talk football, for better or worse. That is not what he is about, he is just like the Iowa trolls that just want to stir shut up. But even they admit what they are and don’t create some lame fake persona.

Now why is it that it bothers you so much that some posters are asking him who he is a fan of? Seems like a pretty simple question, any normal person would be happy to answer.
Looked to me like his posts were about football and the same non-football topics that pretty much everyone on here discusses at some point, including you (COVID, politics, etc.).

I think I asked earlier, and forgive me if you or someone replied and I missed it; so, when someone asks him to declare his team, all he had to say was "Nebraska", and all would be well?

I just believe in giving people the benefit of the doubt, especially when there is apparently no way someone can win.

For the record .. very early after the Frost hire I stated that he will have Iowa type success (maybe a little better - maybe a little worse) and the fan base will rejoice

I know......call me the eternal optimist

reminder that in year 4 Ferentz went undefeated in the conference, played in the orange bowl and finished the season in the top 10

Ferentz has only had 3 total losing regular seasons while at Iowa

Here we go again U again comparing Ferentz to Frost when Ferentz took over for Fry who is like comparing him to Devaney in Nebraska standards and SF taking over for your boy Riley isn’t even in comparison..

Name your team or GTFO.. We’re calling your BS..

• Haha
Here we go again U again comparing Ferentz to Frost when Ferentz took over for Fry who is like comparing him to Devaney in Nebraska standards and SF taking over for your boy Riley isn’t even in comparison..

Name your team or GTFO.. We’re calling your BS..

Ferentz took over a program that had 19 wins the prior 3 seasons + 2 bowl games

Frost took over a program that had 19 wins the prior 3 seasons + 2 bowl games

@huskernation1973 At this point it wouldnt matter to any of us who his team was or is.. simply because nobody would believe him. I for one got sick of his posts about every week should be Io a week bs that he posted probably 5 different times in every thread.. it was a quote from one of our tight ends after the io a loss thia year.. i believe he or probably she is a squakeye fan because of how
it talks... and you sound a lot like it and you sure are going out of your way here newbie to defend him so keep doing you! and "it"

Ferentz took over a program that had 19 wins the prior 3 seasons + 2 bowl games

Frost took over a program that had 19 wins the prior 3 seasons + 2 bowl games

And one of those bowl games for Riley was because they didn’t have enough teams to qualify.

Ioway was 19-16 during those Fry years and Nebraska was 19-19..

GTFO..

• Haha
And one of those bowl games was because they didn’t have enough teams to qualify.

Ioway was 19-16 and Nebraska was 19-19..

GTFO..

yes but if Frost is a superior coach to Ferentz he should more than be able to compensate for that meager difference in winning percentage

maybe Alvarez is a better example - Alvarez took over a program that had only won 6 games the prior 3 years and in year 4 won the big ten and won the Rose Bowl

That is incorrect.
It is correct and if you refer to the numbers in posted above then you would see that it is true.

Disclaimer: I only used Rivals rankings so ESPN, 24/7 and composite ranking could be different.

yes but if Frost is a superior coach to Ferentz he should more than be able to compensate for that meager difference in winning percentage

maybe Alvarez is a better example - Alvarez took over a program that had only won 6 games the prior 3 years and in year 4 won the big ten and won the Rose Bowl

Now who is moving the F’ing goal post ..

So you’re proving your own point that your not a Nebraska fan by causing controversy in any which anyway possible..

😤

The problems with this program is long. Not getting great players out of Texas like we used to is just one issue. Nebraska never got the number of recruits out of Texas in the number Oklahoma did. We also aren’t getting I backs out of Omaha or linemen and fullbacks out of small towns that make an impact like we used to either.

Our best showing in the draft for an OLineman in the past 10 years is Spencer Long who was a walk on.

We may have some winning seasons and competitive teams with Frost, but we will never be “elite” again trying to do what everyone else does.
winning would help

is it? -- lets look at turnovers as a surrogate for discipline

from 2004-2018 Neb has cumulatively been the worst program in the nation in turnover margin at -80 over that time span - that averages out to -5.3 per season

despite this Neb has had a 0.60 winning percentage during this time

5d5ebd680324f.image.jpg

Neb turnover margin

Scott Frost's team had a turnover margin of -2 in 2018 and 0 in 2019 (much better than the average for Neb over the last 15 years) yet his winning percentage was <0.4 when other Neb coaches have had a winning percentage of 0.6 with much worse turnover margins

in 2020 - Neb had a -11 turnover margin

Bo Pelini in 2013 led a team with a -13 turnover margin to a 9-4 record and a 5-3 conference record

Discipline is not limited to Turnover Margin. I mentioned it as a factor but also mentioned drive killing and/or extending drives on offense and defense and IMO that has been a bigger issue than turnover margin.

I’d also argue not all turnovers are created equal. An in interception on a deep ball at the end of the half is not the same as a turnover in the Red Zone at the beginning of the 3rd quarter. I think this team in recent years has an affinity for turning the ball over in critical Red Zone situations. Maybe I’m wrong, and maybe it’s just me, but it seems out TO marginin the redzone is higher than I remember in previous years.

Reactions: John_J_Rambo
@huskernation1973 At this point it wouldnt matter to any of us who his team was or is.. simply because nobody would believe him. I for one got sick of his posts about every week should be Io a week bs that he posted probably 5 different times in every thread.. it was a quote from one of our tight ends after the io a loss thia year.. i believe he or probably she is a squakeye fan because of how
it talks... and you sound a lot like it and you sure are going out of your way here newbie to defend him so keep doing you! and "it"

He loves to just recycle old quotes as gospel in threads where they aren’t even relevant. It got to the point of trolling to me when it became taking shots at the AD, the University, other programs. It wasn’t just about being unhappy with results on the football field, in fact I think he is very happy with the struggles on the football field. It is an obsession with attacking anything and everything Nebraska.

He constantly says nonsense that would get shot down, often just flat lying, and then just move onto some other lame, unrelated narrative.

Your choice to use turnover margin as a surrogate for discipline while in the very same post writing bad turnover margin doesn't portent losing is exactly why it’s a fool’s errand to correlate the two.

Like I said, 3rd down offense/defense is a much more highly correlated surrogate to the original point - better discipline = more wins.

I don’t necessarily agree with that, but that’s what was argued and your arbitrary statistical surrogate (turnovers) is loosely correlated to record at best. In the same graph you posted, arizona state and Kansas state are both +60 or more in turnovers, yet have a worse winning percentage than NU and their -80.

Use meaningful stats to make meaningful arguments, not ones that are highly impacted by luck (turnovers, and especially fumbles lost/recovered), and are proven to be highly volatile in predicting win/loss record. Thanks

BONUS (for you): those meaningful stats will tell a much worse story about Frost’s tenure thus far than turnover margin.

Let me clarify my thoughts. I think this team‘s issues go far beyond just discipline. I’m thinking in terms of the 12 games that we lost by one score over the past 3 years. The reason I brought it up is because there was a graphic during the Rutgers game and if memory serves, only UNC has lost more games by one score than we have over the time displayed. That graphic was really profound to me because it shows just how close, and yet also how far away we are.

Those 12 games we lost by a combined 59 points. That’s 4.9 per game. I think clearing up our discipline issues (avoiding drive killing penalties/getting off the field on 3rd down) gets us over the hump in winning many of those close games and thus gets us to 6, 7, 8 maybe even the occasional 9 win season. Which tells me how close we are to turning the corner. Now going on to consistently finishing at the top of the division and competing for Conference titles, it’s going to take A LOT more than discipline. Which tells me how far we have to go.

Does that make sense?

ADVERTISEMENT