ADVERTISEMENT

Question for fans who see games at Memorial Stadium in Lincoln

Catch50

Athletic Director
Feb 5, 2003
In 2007-2008 when gas prices were peaking, did you ever not attend a game? Did you sell give away your tickets? Did you ever suck it up and go to a game despite high gas prices because you wanted to keep the sellout streak alive? How far did you live from Lincoln at that time?

Thank you very much. I am taking a class in non-fiction writing and this information helps me with an assignment.

I am sure 90% of the ticket holders are within 60 miles of Lincoln so paying an extra $10 for a tank of guess when you already spent a couple hundred dollars on tickets seems like the logical thing to do.

by the way the sell out streak is not effected by someone with a ticket not using it.

I am sure 90% of the ticket holders are within 60 miles of Lincoln so paying an extra $10 for a tank of guess when you already spent a couple hundred dollars on tickets seems like the logical thing to do.

by the way the sell out streak is not effected by someone with a ticket not using it.

Exactly. During the BC era we had the sellout streak going even when it was clear that many tickets purchasers decided not to show up.

Reactions: 9and4
Wranglers.
6d9c166313b434c014302c3e47060593.jpg

In 2007-2008 when gas prices were peaking, did you ever not attend a game? Did you sell give away your tickets? Did you ever suck it up and go to a game despite high gas prices because you wanted to keep the sellout streak alive? How far did you live from Lincoln at that time?

Thank you very much. I am taking a class in non-fiction writing and this information helps me with an assignment.
I drove to every game from ankorage Alaska. Gas prices didn’t stop me, nothing can stop me from watching the huskers

Reactions: countrybob

Went to all of them. It's Nebraska and it's what we do. For me it's quality time with my father to spend something we love/enjoy. Commute was only from Omaha so gas prices were never a consideration.

eastern Kentucky is God’s coutnry

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Counciltucky&amp=true

Counciltucky
The dingy asshole of America (whereas Omaha is the wonderful, silky inner thigh) where all is well if you drive a sputtering multi-colored vehicle and have a mullet so dirty and full of nasties that it's almost sentient. Also known as Council Bluffs, Counciltucky looks like a mythical drab, rundown, post-apocalyptic world where nobody knows the definition of tooth care, showers, vehicle maintenance, or proper driving. However, this is no fantasy. It is a sad and horrifying reality.

Everything is grey and old and broken. Even the prostitutes. Merely driving through Counciltucky with the car windows rolled down will get you a contact meth high.
An overall shitty place to even think about, let alone live in or drive through.
Greg: Whoa, dude. Ya know that smelly guy who works at the gas station? Billy-Bob? Did you know his mom is also his sister?

Max: Shit, dude. He must be from Counciltucky.
by Queenofthedream June 21, 2012

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Counciltucky&amp=true

Counciltucky
The dingy asshole of America (whereas Omaha is the wonderful, silky inner thigh) where all is well if you drive a sputtering multi-colored vehicle and have a mullet so dirty and full of nasties that it's almost sentient. Also known as Council Bluffs, Counciltucky looks like a mythical drab, rundown, post-apocalyptic world where nobody knows the definition of tooth care, showers, vehicle maintenance, or proper driving. However, this is no fantasy. It is a sad and horrifying reality.

Everything is grey and old and broken. Even the prostitutes. Merely driving through Counciltucky with the car windows rolled down will get you a contact meth high.
An overall shitty place to even think about, let alone live in or drive through.
Greg: Whoa, dude. Ya know that smelly guy who works at the gas station? Billy-Bob? Did you know his mom is also his sister?

Max: Shit, dude. He must be from Counciltucky.
by Queenofthedream June 21, 2012

Wow that’s pretty zinophobick

In 2007-2008 when gas prices were peaking, did you ever not attend a game? Nope, in fact I travelled to most away games as well. I was a just a year out of college and spent a lot of my new job money on travelling to watch the Huskers...

Did you sell give away your tickets? Nope

Did you ever suck it up and go to a game despite high gas prices because you wanted to keep the sellout streak alive? I sucked it up and went to games, not because of the sellout, but just my love for the team/

How far did you live from Lincoln at that time? 19 hours.

Most of my driving came from driving from the airport after flying in to locations.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT