ADVERTISEMENT

Question about Bigten mobile app

Pennsyhusker

Athletic Director
Aug 6, 2009
Harveys Lake, PA
I am a cord cutter. I do not have cable or a dish. So I don't get the B1G network. But if I download the mobile app and pay the $120 yearly fee, can I then watch the games? Or do I still need a cable or dish account?

Also interested in this. Deployed for this season and looking for ways to watch the games, most likely after they have aired.

I am a cord cutter. I do not have cable or a dish. So I don't get the B1G network. But if I download the mobile app and pay the $120 yearly fee, can I then watch the games? Or do I still need a cable or dish account?
I'm fairly certain from reading the FAQs, the $120 fee gives you access to all non-televised content; so any of the BTN football games and such would not be included. If you subscribe to one of the streaming services; like YouTube TV, DirecTV Now, Playstation Vue, etc... As long as your package includes BTN, you will have access to streaming through the app. Sling TV doesn't offer BTN for some reason, but all the others do.

I wish they offered a way to subscribe just to BTN to watch TV content, but my assumption is it's probably part of their deal with the various cable, satellite and streaming providers that they don't do that.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pennsyhusker
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT