ADVERTISEMENT

Quentin Newsome

BuckysBoys1

Senior
Mar 28, 2019
I hate to say this because I sound like a grumpy old man. But every coach on this team needs to address the finger waving after he gets beat on a play. Please bench him, it's the dumbest shit I've seen a player do. God it's frustrating.

I just wish the coaches said enough is enough. "Stop the wag"
That is part of the problem. Tough guys making a play and they act like this. The last time I looked, they are 3-4 and should be embarrassed. Instead, they are world beaters. It's actually comical. That is part of the reason they are in the postion they are in.

I noticed when a bama player would get a pass toward the sidelines, the tenn player would be heading towards him, so when the bama player came back down on the ground..the tenn player would blow him up (tackle him hard right on the spot)

sometimes I see purdue players go up for the same pass, but the Nebraska player will just stay 5 yards away and wait till the purdue player catches the ball, then run towards the Nebraska player (ussually breaking a arm tackle)

exact same play but different approches / results

He was abused by #15. Come back routes numerous times.
I don’t know if it lack of proper coaching or lack of skill, but Buford and Newsome play terribly. They just hold and grab. They look at times like they don’t want to tackle. I texted to a fellow a Husker friend last night that my mental picture of Newsome is he is leaning over, about to fall forward as he is running behind the receiver trying desperately to catch-up. I was pretty critical of Gifford a few weeks ago. I think since the bye week his play has improved so much that I think he is one of the better players on defense.

Last edited:
I noticed when a bama player would get a pass toward the sidelines, the tenn player would be heading towards him, so when the bama player came back down on the ground..the tenn player would blow him up (tackle him hard right on the spot)

sometimes I see purdue players go up for the same pass, but the Nebraska player will just stay 5 yards away and wait till the purdue player catches the ball, then run towards the Nebraska player (ussually breaking a arm tackle)

exact same play but different approches / results
Our DBs are NOT anywhere as talented as Bama’s or the Vols. We’re not athletic enough to do some of the things the execute.

Our DBs are NOT anywhere as talented as Bama’s or the Vols. We’re not athletic enough to do some of the things the execute.
you don't have to go to harvard (or bama) to figure out how to run to the ball, and not just stand there

That is part of the problem. Tough guys making a play and they act like this. The last time I looked, they are 3-4 and should be embarrassed. Instead, they are world beaters. It's actually comical. That is part of the reason they are in the postion they are in.
Can you point to a team where this crap doesn’t happen? Every team in America has this happen. It isn’t just sucky teams like Nebraska. It’s everywhere. If you can find a way to stop it, I’m all for it. Good luck.

Hartzog is a freshman and is already better than Newsome.
Higher ceiling and more effort. He needs some seasoning though. What I really like about Hartzog is the kid is not afraid to go make a play. When he gets beat hes right there in a position to make a play. Not sure that can be said about the other db's.

Higher ceiling and more effort. He needs some seasoning though. What I really like about Hartzog is the kid is not afraid to go make a play. When he gets beat hes right there in a position to make a play. Not sure that can be said about the other db's.
He needs some height. 5'9" maybe. 170 lbs wet. He better be off the chart athletic.

Now you can tell me about all the 5 9 guys who are world beaters.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT