ADVERTISEMENT

Quarantine ideas

8675309husker

Junior
Sep 3, 2016
Broken Arrow
Last week my wife and I visited Osage county and enjoyed all of the buffalo. Yesterday we drove to Arkansas and then Missouri. Elk River was amazing. We will go back for rafting in the near future. Next weekend I dont know where we will go. We put in a full tank, bring water and food and enjoy the outdoors. Have a fun Spring/Summer everyone!

Last week my wife and I visited Osage county and enjoyed all of the buffalo. Yesterday we drove to Arkansas and then Missouri. Elk River was amazing. We will go back for rafting in the near future. Next weekend I dont know where we will go. We put in a full tank, bring water and food and enjoy the outdoors. Have a fun Spring/Summer everyone!

What do you think I'm doing? I drove 500 miles yesterday on a one day road trip. After arranging cat sitting, I'm on the road again. Tonight I'm in Canadian Texas in the panhandle. I took pictures of four county seats. I'm now up to 219 Texas counties. Got 35 more to go!

What do you think I'm doing? I drove 500 miles yesterday on a one day road trip. After arranging cat sitting, I'm on the road again. Tonight I'm in Canadian Texas in the panhandle. I took pictures of four county seats. I'm now up to 219 Texas counties. Got 35 more to go!
Canadian Texas? So now there's 7th g.d. flag???

Reactions: bigboxes
First pic this morning

XsBEJu6.jpg

I was going to blow by Shamrock Texas on my way to Wheeler. Wheeler is the county seat. But then I saw a lot of cool stuff and was tempted to stop. I saw this vintage Conoco gas station and had to stop and take pics of the whole town. Glad I did. Here's some trivia for you guys. This Conoco was used as the basis of the one in the movie Cars. Shamrock is just off old Route 66.

tKaDI4eh.jpg

Where are you heading today?

Sorry. I got home Wednesday after noon. I had to recuperate and take care of things at home. I just get a WTF moment and decided to go for it and hit the road again. By Wednesday evening, I will have visited all 254 counties in Texas. I'm going to finish up what me and Wannie started. I can't wait for sunrise!

This is what I drew up in about 5 minutes...

UefV15qh.jpg

Reactions: 8675309husker
Sorry. I got home Wednesday after noon. I had to recuperate and take care of things at home. I just get a WTF moment and decided to go for it and hit the road again. By Wednesday evening, I will have visited all 254 counties in Texas. I'm going to finish up what me and Wannie started. I can't wait for sunrise!

UefV15qh.jpg

UefV15qh.jpg
That is really cool, I would love to do something like this with my wife when the kids are out of the house in a few short years. I'm glad you're finishing what you started together - I would too. FYI, in a "it's a small world" moment, I spent a week at the Parmer County courthouse in Farwell in about 2001. Trial over a trucking accident. I stayed in Amarillo and drove down every day, had a big ass steak at the Big Texan Steak Ranch!

That is really cool, I would love to do something like this with my wife when the kids are out of the house in a few short years. I'm glad you're finishing what you started together - I would too. FYI, in a "it's a small world" moment, I spent a week at the Parmer County courthouse in Farwell in about 2001. Trial over a trucking accident. I stayed in Amarillo and drove down every day, had a big ass steak at the Big Texan Steak Ranch!

I'm hitting Amarillo on Sunday morning. Doing bigger towns on Sunday morning is the easiest with so many things closed. I take pics of everything and it's harder to dodge traffic in the big city. When this all is said and done, I'm still going to need to go back and take pics of Houston, Dallas, Fort Worth and Austin. Austin should be fun, but daunting. But that will be another trip. Something to look forward to.
pQZ6QaY.png

Now to gas up and hit Krispy Kreme on the way out! :D

Here's another courthouse for you. This is in Crosbyton.

Z75BNyth.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT