ADVERTISEMENT

Quarantine Food - Let see those Pics!

Soups on!
73579687.cms
Xenophobe

Care to share the recipe. TiA
I’ve made this so many times I don’t measure anything so I’m estimating on all the measurements (including cooking times) anyway here you go...

The main ingredient is Panang curry paste. You’ll probably need to order it online or go to an Asian market (also get some fish sauce). I like Mae Ploy Panang Curry paste. So get some of that and here’s what else you need:

2-3 Tbsp curry paste (or more, depending on how hot you want it)
2 cans of coconut milk
1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
1/2 cup water
1 Tbsp brown sugar
2 Tbsp fish sauce
2 Tbsp lime juice
1 1/2 LB boneless chicken cut into thin pieces
1 onion cut into small pieces
2 bell peppers-red, green, yellow, or orange cut into bite-sized pieces
2 zucchini cut into bite-sized pieces
Jasmine rice

1. Open a can of coconut milk, pour some of the liquid into a stock pot and heat it on medium-high heat
2. When the milk is hot, add the curry paste and cook for a couple minutes, then add the peanut butter and cook for one more minute
3. Add the rest of the coconut milk, water, brown sugar and the lime juice, bring to a boil
4. Add the onion, chicken, and fish sauce reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes
5. Add the veggies and cook until they are the consistency you like (about 15 more minutes). We like our veggies a little firm.
6. Serve over Jasmine rice in a bowl

Trying to pass the time during our Shelter in Place days so we've made a few good meals. The first is some homemade Kung Pao Chicken.

The next is what is called a Mexican Egg Skillet.

What are you all eating during these long days?

Homemade Orange Chicken ala Panda Express.

(Edit: Sorry, can't figure out how to insert a picture. If someone can send instructions, I can add it.)

Last edited:
I’ve made this so many times I don’t measure anything so I’m estimating on all the measurements (including cooking times) anyway here you go...

The main ingredient is Panang curry paste. You’ll probably need to order it online or go to an Asian market (also get some fish sauce). I like Mae Ploy Panang Curry paste. So get some of that and here’s what else you need:

2-3 Tbsp curry paste (or more, depending on how hot you want it)
2 cans of coconut milk
1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
1/2 cup water
1 Tbsp brown sugar
2 Tbsp fish sauce
2 Tbsp lime juice
1 1/2 LB boneless chicken cut into thin pieces
1 onion cut into small pieces
2 bell peppers-red, green, yellow, or orange cut into bite-sized pieces
2 zucchini cut into bite-sized pieces
Jasmine rice

1. Open a can of coconut milk, pour some of the liquid into a stock pot and heat it on medium-high heat
2. When the milk is hot, add the curry paste and cook for a couple minutes, then add the peanut butter and cook for one more minute
3. Add the rest of the coconut milk, water, brown sugar and the lime juice, bring to a boil
4. Add the onion, chicken, and fish sauce reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes
5. Add the veggies and cook until they are the consistency you like (about 15 more minutes). We like our veggies a little firm.
6. Serve over Jasmine rice in a bowl
Thanks I will DEFINITELY try this. But I have to try the sweet potato pancakes first.

Hey Der can I get your Mexican egg skillet recipe? Looks right up my alley. Thanks.
(Second one you posted looks real good).

This is the recipe I used for the first one. It had a little to much heat for my wife so I left the pobalno and the salsa out of the second one and substituted Pico de Gallo (which I make every week) for the cilantro.

Ingredients:
cooking spray (I used some Red Pepper infused OO spray)
1 medium Golden Potato, Diced into approximately ½” pieces
½ cup onion, chopped
1 medium poblano chile, seeded and diced. (Mine was small so I added some Bell Pepper I had left over)
1 cup corn
1 cup black beans, drained
1 cup zucchini, Diced into approximately ½” pieces (I used a Mexican Squash)
1 tsp cumin (I used ½ tsp of Fajita seasoning and ½ tsp of cummin)
1 pinch salt, or to taste
½ cup, green variety (I used 2 Tbsp of the Hatch Chile and 4 tbsp of Herdez salsa verde - plus extra for garnish)
4 large eggs
2 Tbsp fresh chopped cilantro (for garnish)

Here's a link to a cook thread I posted on one of the cooking sites I'm active on: https://www.kamadoguru.com/topic/44729-mexican-egg-skillet/

Reactions: bluenrg

Spatchcocked, cooked on a Weber kettle with indirect heat for a couple hours. Had a friend say it was the best turkey he’s ever had. Which means he has only had oven roasted turkeys on thanksgiving!

We've been at our daughters home in Elmwood 5 days each week for the last 3 weeks watching our granddaughters since they don't have any Daycare. 3 dozen peanut butter cookies today. May not be like some of the real fancy food like I've seen on here, but it sure was a lot of fun.

95085872_4275679225779137_2539735589440192512_n.jpg

95127055_4275679659112427_4338834683212070912_o.jpg

Spatchcocked, cooked on a Weber kettle with indirect heat for a couple hours. Had a friend say it was the best turkey he’s ever had. Which means he has only had oven roasted turkeys on thanksgiving!

I've had turkey cooked all sorts of ways. I prefer an oven roasted bird. My turkeys always turns out great. There's nothing wrong with changing things up, but sometimes I prefer going traditional.

We've been at our daughters home 5 days each week for the last 3 weeks watching our granddaughters since they don't have any Daycare. 3 dozen peanut butter cookies today. May not be like some of the real fancy food like I've seen on here, but it sure was a lot of fun.

Baking with grandparents is the best. I have so many fond memories of getting the last of the batter out of the bowl with Grandma. And now watching my sons do the same with my wife and their grandparents always makes me so happy.

Something they will remember, no doubt.

Reactions: sparky62
We've been at our daughters home in Elmwood 5 days each week for the last 3 weeks watching our granddaughters since they don't have any Daycare. 3 dozen peanut butter cookies today. May not be like some of the real fancy food like I've seen on here, but it sure was a lot of fun.

That is awesome, Sparky! You got to bond with the grandkids AND you got peanut butter cookies. Send any extras to my home address. Thank you in advance! :D

I've had turkey cooked all sorts of ways. I prefer an oven roasted bird. My turkeys always turns out great. There's nothing wrong with changing things up, but sometimes I prefer going traditional.

I wasn’t trying to knock the oven roasted bird. I do lots of whole chickens in the oven during the winter. The problem is, many people stink at them. Most people cook one turkey a year and never do a whole chicken. So they don’t ever really figure out how to do them right.

You add any sauce to those cookies? Experiment a little? THat's awesome you are getting to spend time with your grandkids.

I wish I would have take a picture of the salmon I made for lunch. Rubbed it with a little Old Bay, and then a mixture of Parsley, EVOO, and Garlic. Preheated the Traeger to around 425 or so, then cooked until around 160 or so. Was amazing. Didnt have the skin on, so I flipped it when it got to about 130 or so.

Thats the main benefit from working from home. Im able to do stuff like this for lunch.

I wish I would have take a picture of the salmon I made for lunch. Rubbed it with a little Old Bay, and then a mixture of Parsley, EVOO, and Garlic. Preheated the Traeger to around 425 or so, then cooked until around 160 or so. Was amazing. Didnt have the skin on, so I flipped it when it got to about 130 or so.

Thats the main benefit from working from home. Im able to do stuff like this for lunch.

Same...just crock potted a nice hunk of cow all day, shrooms, onions, sweet potatoes, garlic bread....love working from home.

Reactions: GretnaShawn
A few more Breakfasts:

Zero Point Banana Oatmeal Pancakes with Strawberries.

Another Mexican Omelette.

More oatmeal with fruit.

Another Potato Pancake Omelette.

Thanks for looking.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT