ADVERTISEMENT

Qbs, Verduzco article

After reading it, I think he’s excited about what AM has to offer, but I also think it’s a little early (1 practice) to assume he has a favorite already.

But I could be wrong.

Reactions: spinner4
After reading it, I think he’s excited about what AM has to offer, but I also think it’s a little early (1 practice) to assume he has a favorite already.

But I could be wrong.

Not suprised that he’s excited about Martinez.

We’ll all know much more after the Spring game and the
Scrimmages will be graded and battles will be won on those performances

But I could be wrong.

Yeah I think it's way too early to jump to conclusions in all of this. Some are 100% positive that Gebbia is the man, some will take this to mean Martinez is the man. The only thing that is certain is that it's a long way until the season starts, we don't really know jack squat about who the starting QB is gong to be no matter how much we claim to and anything can happen in that span.

Lets just hope that our QB competition is fierce and that the best man comes out on top..

Yeah I think it's way too early to jump to conclusions in all of this. Some are 100% positive that Gebbia is the man, some will take this to mean Martinez is the man. The only thing that is certain is that it's a long way until the season starts, we don't really know jack squat about who the starting QB is gong to be no matter how much we claim to and anything can happen in that span.

Lets just hope that our QB competition is fierce and that the best man comes out on top..

Well said sir. We don't know diddly-squat about who's going to be our starting qb......but it's going to fun seeing who earns it!

I haven't heard anyone "claim to know". Everyone is speculating, it's fun.

Reactions: husker2612
I have a completely fake inside source with no knowledge of anything. My source assures me that the whole QB battle is a ruse to throw everyone off of Frosts real intention to exclusively run the Wildcat using Bell. There will be no QB in Frost’s offense next year. As someone pointed out in another thread, “coach verduzco” has an eerie resemblance to Geddy Lee of Rush. My made up source tells me this “coach” actually IS Geddy Lee and that Rush is no longer making music so Lee can fulfill his dream of masquerading as a coach.

I stand by my source’s claim and will not bet anyone 100 dollars that I am correct. I will further state I have no intention of paying should I lose.

Yeah, if he said one favorable thing about Martinez before they've even practiced with contact then I think we can 100% lock it in that the competition is over.

From that article I only know that there is a God. That’s reassuring since there are times that I have wondered.

The only thing that article is saying is the starting QBS needs to be able to process everything fast, he’s not meaning the player himself has to be fast (it won’t hurt any that’s for sure). But he means readin defenses pre snap on run/pass plays and so on. I didn’t see one thing saying his QB has to be able to run fast or even be a runner. It showed Milton threw for 3500 yards and yes ran for 500 yards. I’m more then confident that Gebbia or OBrein can handle running that amount of the time if needed.

To many peeps are putting to much stock into Gebbia being 180-195 and just getting murdered. Again we have all seen skinny D1 QBs play years and yes taking hits by DTs, DEs, and LBs and never losing there careers. Gebbia will be fine, by al accounts is he’s very smart, he will protect himself and sounds like he’s got a 4.5 40 time, so he’s got plenty of wheels to run when needed.

I love this, we have a great HC and a good OC/QB Coach this year and we have plenty of talent at QB; 2 Top 100 QBs and a 1 Top 250 QB (all 4 stars). Then we add in Noah and Bunch to the mix. We have a good problem to have. Who ever wins the starting spot this year will be fine (my money is on Gebbia with Martinez taking over WHEN Gebbia goes pro), all have good arms on them. OBrein has the strongest arm, Gebbia is the most accurate and Martinez is the best runner of the 3. Plus side is Martinez has an arm that is good enough to match Gebbia and OBrein and O and G has enough legs to keep up with Martinez to be effective runners when needed. Let’s see who takes it home come Akron game ;)

Reactions: headcard
The only thing that article is saying is the starting QBS needs to be able to process everything fast, he’s not meaning the player himself has to be fast (it won’t hurt any that’s for sure). But he means readin defenses pre snap on run/pass plays and so on. I didn’t see one thing saying his QB has to be able to run fast or even be a runner. It showed Milton threw for 3500 yards and yes ran for 500 yards. I’m more then confident that Gebbia or OBrein can handle running that amount of the time if needed.

To many peeps are putting to much stock into Gebbia being 180-195 and just getting murdered. Again we have all seen skinny D1 QBs play years and yes taking hits by DTs, DEs, and LBs and never losing there careers. Gebbia will be fine, by al accounts is he’s very smart, he will protect himself and sounds like he’s got a 4.5 40 time, so he’s got plenty of wheels to run when needed.

I love this, we have a great HC and a good OC/QB Coach this year and we have plenty of talent at QB; 2 Top 100 QBs and a 1 Top 250 QB (all 4 stars). Then we add in Noah and Bunch to the mix. We have a good problem to have. Who ever wins the starting spot this year will be fine (my money is on Gebbia with Martinez taking over WHEN Gebbia goes pro), all have good arms on them. OBrein has the strongest arm, Gebbia is the most accurate and Martinez is the best runner of the 3. Plus side is Martinez has an arm that is good enough to match Gebbia and OBrein and O and G has enough legs to keep up with Martinez to be effective runners when needed. Let’s see who takes it home come Akron game ;)
Yep. If you look at the rushing attempts for his QBs, Frost is only having these guys carry about 4-5 times per game on average. You don't need to be 215 pounds with a 4.4 to carry 5 times a game. A lot of it will be about who can make the correct read at D1 speed. Brain speed, not foot speed.

Sorry man but Gebbia is not a 4.5 runner, those numbers are false. I think he’s capable of moving but certainly not at 4.5 speed.

Frost's offense has passed more than 30 times a game.
I expect them to pass more this year.

Last edited:
You havent been paying attention if thats the case.. Some around here are certain that Gebbia is the man, others are sure he’s not..
It is still all speculation and opinion, no matter how confident one comes across. Unless Verduzco is post in here. I am guess even he doesn't know 100%. ....
Oh and I am positive it is going to be Gebbia. ;) lol

It is still all speculation and opinion, no matter how confident one comes across. Unless Verduzco is post in here. I am guess even he doesn't know 100%. ....
Oh and I am positive it is going to be Gebbia. ;) lol

I couldnt begin to tell you who will be running the show. I would think Gebbia but at the same time he has no more experience than the next man. Could be POB but he just doesn’t seem like the typical spread option QB. I just dont think enough has been seen or said for any of us to feel certain about one or another.

Reactions: husker2612
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT