ADVERTISEMENT

QB transfer portals

you don't though. you only post negative.
You see what you want to see. I'm as positive as anyone on here. I've said a ton of positive things about certain players and parts of the program.
Just because it's not in the same areas as you doesn't make it negative.

Reactions: NikkiSixx
You and headcard are like the board cheerleaders. Support the team! Be positive! It's cute, it really is. And you have every right to act that way. But some of us like to have an actual discussion of how the team is performing, and if that takes a critical slant after 4 straight losing seasons, then so be it.

You are so freaking clueless it’s remarkable. How about you actually read some of the guys posts. Instead of your incessant nonsense. You could actually learn a thing or two about football, if you pay attention. Could even learn how to be a decent person and have a discussion without acting like a little child.

Reactions: ATX Husker
You and headcard are like the board cheerleaders. Support the team! Be positive! It's cute, it really is. And you have every right to act that way. But some of us like to have an actual discussion of how the team is performing, and if that takes a critical slant after 4 straight losing seasons, then so be it.
I’m fine with a critical slant. Really, I am. But it isn’t a critical slant coming from you... it’s a sheer drop off from 10,000 feet up. You claim to give credit when it’s warranted, but when has that happened?

I admit that I always give the benefit of the doubt and it probably gets old to some posters. Are you able to admit that you are on the opposite of that spectrum, and can you see how it gets old to some posters?

• Love
Reactions: dinglefritz
I’m fine with a critical slant. Really, I am. But it isn’t a critical slant coming from you... it’s a sheer drop off from 10,000 feet up. You claim to give credit when it’s warranted, but when has that happened?

I admit that I always give the benefit of the doubt and it probably gets old to some posters. Are you able to admit that you are on the opposite of that spectrum, and can you see how it gets old to some posters?
I honestly don't know what the heck you're talking about. If you want to ignore anything and everything that's wrong with this program, that's on you, but I'm not going to do that. I've given the benefit of the doubt to Frost and staff for 2 1/2 years, even after seeing one of the goofiest and most ill-disciplined games I've ever seen in that first-year Colorado game. We were one of the most ill-disciplined and penalized teams that entire year, but I still fully supported Frost. Despite the general subpar performances across the board for 3 years, I've given credit where it's deserved. I've defended guys like Nelson, Farniok, Jurgens, and Adrian against relentless attacks. I've said a lot of positive things about Stille, CTB, Daniels, Betts, etc. If you want to ignore all of that and focus only on the negative things I say, that says more about you than it does me.

I honestly don't know what the heck you're talking about. If you want to ignore anything and everything that's wrong with this program, that's on you, but I'm not going to do that. I've given the benefit of the doubt to Frost and staff for 2 1/2 years, even after seeing one of the goofiest and most ill-disciplined games I've ever seen in that first-year Colorado game. We were one of the most ill-disciplined and penalized teams that entire year, but I still fully supported Frost. Despite the general subpar performances across the board for 3 years, I've given credit where it's deserved. I've defended guys like Nelson, Farniok, Jurgens, and Adrian against relentless attacks. I've said a lot of positive things about Stille, CTB, Daniels, Betts, etc. If you want to ignore all of that and focus only on the negative things I say, that says more about you than it does me.
I admit you have said some positive things about these players, but you have a way of doing it at the expense of the other players. Daniels is the best and Robinson sucks. Betts is gonna be good and Wandale is average at best.

The players most people think highly of on this board are the very players you trash all the time.

So I’ll ask again... can you see how your constant criticism of most players (not all) does get old?

Terry Wilson over three years (16-9 as a starter):
25 starts
336-517-12 with 20 TD passes
3,440 yards passing
65 percent completions
QB rating 129.0 (133.9 in 2018, 134.3 in 2019, 120.9 in 2020)
Rushing 256-1,015
4.0 YPR with 10 TDs

Adrian Martinez over three years (11-17 as a starter):
28 starts
481-749-20 with 31 TD passes
5,628 yards passing
64.2 percent completions
QB rating 135.7 (139.5 in 2018, 130.8 in 2019, 135.0 in 2020)
Rushing 375-1,776
4.7 YPR with 22 TDs

25 starts
3,440 yards passing
65 percent completions
Rushing 256-1,015
4.0 YPR with 10 TDs

28 starts
5,628 yards passing
64.2 percent completions
Rushing 375-1,776
4.7 YPR with 22 TDs

I’ve watched quite a few Kentucky games and Wilson is probably a worse thrower than AMart in terms of accuracy but he doesn’t turn the ball over as much, essentially he overthrows his receivers. Kentucky was very similar to Nebraska this year where they didn’t have an identity offensively. I don’t think Wilson is an upgrade but he would come in and challenge AMart. This staff won’t be going for a QB though so don’t get your hopes up.

I admit you have said some positive things about these players, but you have a way of doing it at the expense of the other players. Daniels is the best and Robinson sucks. Betts is gonna be good and Wandale is average at best.

The players most people think highly of on this board are the very players you trash all the time.

So I’ll ask again... can you see how your constant criticism of most players (not all) does get old?
Bump for @oldjar07... you piss and moan that sunshine pumpers are a bunch of cheerleaders. You piss and moan that the coaches suck. You piss and moan that most of the players suck.

Can you admit that you like to piss and moan a lot?

I’ve watched quite a few Kentucky games and Wilson is probably a worse thrower than AMart in terms of accuracy but he doesn’t turn the ball over as much, essentially he overthrows his receivers. Kentucky was very similar to Nebraska this year where they didn’t have an identity offensively. I don’t think Wilson is an upgrade but he would come in and challenge AMart. This staff won’t be going for a QB though so don’t get your hopes up.
Agree Wilson does not look like an upgrade to me, and no way he’d come here to “compete” for a job he might not win in his final year.

We know it’s not likely to get any transfer, but it’d need to be someone confident enough to know they’ll win the job (and the bar is set fairly low for that).... or a transfer young enough to not need to win it year 1.

Bump for @oldjar07... you piss and moan that sunshine pumpers are a bunch of cheerleaders. You piss and moan that the coaches suck. You piss and moan that most of the players suck.

Can you admit that you like to piss and moan a lot?
No I'm not going to answer a guy's questions who constantly acts like a snake in the grass. No I don't piss and moan. Seriously **** off. I'm not going to answer your stupid questions.

No I'm not going to answer a guy's questions who constantly acts like a snake in the grass. No I don't piss and moan. Seriously **** off. I'm not going to answer your stupid questions.
Just read the room a little. You consistently bag on players others are high on. You call Wandale a dime a dozen type of player, throw Ty Robinson under the bus regularly, have called JoJo a bad player whose athleticism bails him out... all the while most fans on this board are high on these players. Nothing good to say about Garrett Nelson except that he has heartThese are just a few examples off the top of my head. There are many more.

You present yourself as a know it all when it comes to football (which is why some have referred to you as aHS position coach). For 2 1/2 years your “support” of the coaching staff was “They’ll figure it out.” The last half season it’s been an all out assault on the coaches. And much of that is warranted.

But when you combine the assault against the coaches with your attitude on this board towards a lot of players, not to mention other posters, your bedside manner sucks, quite frankly.

And then when posters call you out on all of this you tell them to **** off.

Which somehow makes me the snake in the grass.

EDIT: by the way, no need to respond. I’ll just **** off so you don’t have to say it.

Last edited:
Wasn’t this the moron that was throwing a tantrum and negative shade at MWC and Boise for their COVID policy? He’s going to pull a Dan Hawkins in the SEC.
He’s spot on, especially the last minute when he’s talking about idiots attacking players on social media, etc.

Reactions: timnsun
well that is not a name.. it's an adjective.. and it's also factual.. the kid loses football games. He's also not on this board, so I'm not saying anything to him directly. That would be confrontational and something I wouldn't do.

I guess someone could name their dog "loser".. Here Loser, sit loser.. but who would do that? 😭
Quite the low life thing to do and admit to doing so.

Quite the low life thing to do and admit to doing so.
Makes me laugh actually... “I would never say that to his face...”

But it’s fine to say it in an anonymous fashion on a message board. Because if Nikki said these things to his face, he would rearrange Nikki’s.

He’s spot on, especially the last minute when he’s talking about idiots attacking players on social media, etc.

I don't disagree. The world would be better place without social media. But he's also a hypocrite whining about nobodies having public opinions on topics they haven't earned the right to voice and then diving into the public health and athletic department operation realm with his opinion (which I also agreed with) when he hasn't earned the credibility in either.

I'm also tired of hearing these tone deaf, insulated college football coaches talk down to people like their some type of deity. You coach football. In the grand scheme, you're with actors and other entertainers that are quite useless when push comes to shove. You have no real skills that would benefit society if your kids game ceased to exist, which it very nearly did this year. Staff and faculty at their institutions were canned in the middle of a global pandemic and guys like this are standing up there whining about how devastating some dork having a negative Twitter take about one of his players is to his program. Have some perspective and stay in your lane.

This guy has enjoyed a cushy, laid back existence in Boise and he's getting strung this tight over Twitter? Auburn, AL and the SEC are going to eat his lunch.

Reactions: oldjar07
Makes me laugh actually... “I would never say that to his face...”

But it’s fine to say it in an anonymous fashion on a message board. Because if Nikki said these things to his face, he would rearrange Nikki’s.

It's literally what message boards are for.

Reactions: timnsun
It's literally what message boards are for.
The best term I heard recently for message board platforms and social media was "menace corporations" or something to that effect. Facebook and Twitter were what they were talking about. Tik Tok now too I guess. They use the old Pavlovian reward principles to addict people to their platform and then they gather information from them and use it for their own business uses. In this board's case, that's one of the reasons they added the "like" function to server the reward function. I was addicted long ago I guess but that started listening to Lyle Bremser playing football in the neighbor's yard....o_O

Wow, insightful name calling. Missed his calling for ESPN. He's also the guy that wanted Andrew freaking Bunch to be the QB at Nebraska.
you really have a poor memory, or you don't understand what I post at all.

and that is okay.

But you do act like the team cheerleader here, and the same thing happened back during the Riley years, and I was right about that one too.

There was a merry little band of cheerleaders on this board (timnsun included) who brow beat anyone critical of what Riley was doing.. They said there was no way Eichorst was controlling Mike. There was no way we were switching to a 3/4 because of Eichorst and he was not the one calling the shots to hire Bob Diaco and that whole mess.

Well I'm telling you, this is the same thing. It looks and smells the same to me. Your little band of cheerleaders supporting the programs' suckage, and backing up things that are in fact holding back this program from succeeding.

Reactions: oldjar07
25 starts
3,440 yards passing
65 percent completions
Rushing 256-1,015
4.0 YPR with 10 TDs

28 starts
5,628 yards passing
64.2 percent completions
Rushing 375-1,776
4.7 YPR with 22 TDs
what is the record, wins and losses wise? you left those stats out, and those are the most important for the position.

Reactions: BrighteRed24
you really have a poor memory, or you don't understand what I post at all.

and that is okay.

But you do act like the team cheerleader here, and the same thing happened back during the Riley years, and I was right about that one too.

There was a merry little band of cheerleaders on this board (timnsun included) who brow beat anyone critical of what Riley was doing.. They said there was no way Eichorst was controlling Mike. There was no way we were switching to a 3/4 because of Eichorst and he was not the one calling the shots to hire Bob Diaco and that whole mess.

Well I'm telling you, this is the same thing. It looks and smells the same to me. Your little band of cheerleaders supporting the programs' suckage, and backing up things that are in fact holding back this program from succeeding.
There are a lot of people who post critical opinions of coaches and players that don’t get a response from me. Conversely, there are a small handful who post critical opinions of coaches and players through constant name calling and insults. Those are the ones I tend to fight with more.

Simple as that.

Perhaps that’s a cause-effect relationship.
likely true. That said, the way I choose to approach the criticism of AMart is that "he's an elite athlete with a strong arm but he needs to fix the turnovers and improve his accuracy". That's a fair critique. Calling him a bum and saying he sucks isn't a legitimate criticism. The guy has talent.

likely true. That said, the way I choose to approach the criticism of AMart is that "he's an elite athlete with a strong arm but he needs to fix the turnovers and improve his accuracy". That's a fair critique. Calling him a bum and saying he sucks isn't a legitimate criticism. The guy has talent.
posting about our quarterback? quick! better get a pair of these:

Self-lacing_kid_gloves.gif

That’s true and great way to put it. My overall issue is with the quarterback position in general. When I criticize AMart I’m also criticizing Luke which is completely unfair to AMart. It’s obvious to me that Adrian gives us the best chance to win. But next year will be year 4 and there are no excuses left to use.

Reactions: HominidHusker
That’s true and great way to put it. My overall issue is with the quarterback position in general. When I criticize AMart I’m also criticizing Luke which is completely unfair to AMart. It’s obvious to me that Adrian gives us the best chance to win. But next year will be year 4 and there are no excuses left to use.
lucky for us he's still a blank canvas and there are endless accounts of veteran quarterbacks all of a sudden becoming winners in their 4th year of starting

please nobody paint this with their negative slant. this year's 4-8 record will be AM's best yet!

lucky for us he's still a blank canvas and there are endless accounts of veteran quarterbacks all of a sudden becoming winners in their 4th year of starting

please nobody paint this with their negative slant. this year's 4-8 record will be AM's best yet!

Logan Smothers needs to beat him out end of story..

There isn’t going to be any portal transfers that will beat out 2AM, especially someone like Terry Wilson....

There isn’t going to be any portal transfers that will beat out 2AM, especially someone like Terry Wilson....
smothers will get his chance when AM runs out of eligibility in 2 years.

AM will hold every record in the book as NU's only 5-year starter. he will have a chance to post 40 losses. astonishing!

man Northwestern found "that" guy. I just haven't seen anybody out there who would beat out AM yet and Luke hasn't shown me that he can do it. IMO, it would appear that we need to quit recruiting projects and try to find guys who have demonstrated superior skills at QB via completion percentage as well as athleticism. Harbaugh has had the same problem for whatever reason at Michigan. Indiana got miraculously better with better QB play. Hell Illinois's QB improved their offense.

Reactions: WHCSC
man Northwestern found "that" guy. I just haven't seen anybody out there who would beat out AM yet and Luke hasn't shown me that he can do it. IMO, it would appear that we need to quit recruiting projects and try to find guys who have demonstrated superior skills at QB via completion percentage as well as athleticism.
martinez completed 71.5% of his passes en route to his 2-4 record as a starter this season.

completion % isn't the issue. I'm not sure there's a qb in D1 who lacks the 'it' factor more than our elite athlete under center.

man Northwestern found "that" guy. I just haven't seen anybody out there who would beat out AM yet and Luke hasn't shown me that he can do it. IMO, it would appear that we need to quit recruiting projects and try to find guys who have demonstrated superior skills at QB via completion percentage as well as athleticism. Harbaugh has had the same problem for whatever reason at Michigan. Indiana got miraculously better with better QB play. Hell Illinois's QB improved their offense.
I was thinking the same thing when looking at Wilson. The “project” QB model doesn’t seem to be panning out too well.
Give me a kid who can spin the ball accurately with reasonable athleticism.

However, Adrian didn’t play as a senior, but I thought he was supposed to be a little more polished as a passer. His junior stats and film were good from what I remember.

ADVERTISEMENT