ADVERTISEMENT

QB transfer portals

Why would we look at a small college QB at this point that no one has heard of?? Luke had his shot and didn't capitalize. We should move him to WR and Smothers will have his chance next year if AM struggles. This is where we are right now.

This was always my angle. Bring in a senior who is better than AMart or someone who could challenge him so that we can move Luke to receiver and give Smothers another year of development.

Reactions: NikkiSixx
This was always my angle. Bring in a senior who is better than AMart or someone who could challenge him so that we can move Luke to receiver and give Smothers another year of development.

So you think SF has the luxury of letting Smothers develop for another year and starts in 2022?

Frost seats is going to get real hot if Nebraska doesn’t make it to a bowl in 2021...

Reactions: gw2kpro
So you think SF has the luxury of letting Smothers develop for another year and starts in 2022?

Frost seats is going to get real hot if Nebraska doesn’t make it to a bowl in 2021...

Well according to a few Frost apologists on here he’s got 5-6 years.

Regardless, unless AMart craps the bed he’s the guy for at least 2021 and 2022 (if he chooses).

Last edited:
Any chance you were thinking of Bailey Zappe from Houston Baptist? He signed with Western Kentucky.
Thanks.... that is him. At least someone stayed on track with the thread instead of this... Sick

Reactions: mgbreis
Why would we look at a small college QB at this point that no one has heard of?? Luke had his shot and didn't capitalize. We should move him to WR and Smothers will have his chance next year if AM struggles. This is where we are right now.
Read the whole thread before you post.... I said that I was trying to think of his name because a buddy and I were talking about recruits and I could not come up with his name. I was not saying that we should recruit him.

Reactions: OzzyLvr
I said I don’t recall the narrative that we should run off all the players recruited by Riley. You made that up. I never said we haven’t had players leave, we have had players leave that were recruited by Pelini, Riley and alike.

I never said you have called me anything. I am saying you constantly do this to the players and the staff. You do not talk about football. You don’t say things like we need to be able to throw the ball accurately, you say things like our QB is a dog faced loser. Having fans on Twitter tagging players to complain about the team is wrong. Calling out players and coaches on a personal level is wrong. Turning every single discussion, no matter what it is about into a bitch about the people associated with Nebraska football is wrong. We all should be frustrated and should be able to talk about that, and what we think needs to be done, but it is being taken to unhealthy place. And like I said above what I really believe we need is to lay off and support this team.
???

I never tweeted anything on twitter about the team.. I wouldn't ever show my personal account on this board either. So I have no idea where you are coming up with that "allegation" either.

Oh, and I don't 'follow' a single player.

I think I follow Damon Benning, Brian Christoferson, and Sam what's his face. That's the extent of my husker twitter followings.

You just don't like me complaining about it. That's all.

You want to sit there, and 'support' the team by going easy, setting the bar low, and basically give up. Clap nicely for their efforts. Get em next time!

Sorry, but that is not my attitude about it. I am not afraid to go take swing again and find another coach who maybe can do better.

It's almost as if some of the fear from last year has now hit the fanbase.

???

I never tweeted anything on twitter about the team.. I wouldn't ever show my personal account on this board either. So I have no idea where you are coming up with that "allegation" either.

Oh, and I don't 'follow' a single player.

I think I follow Damon Benning, Brian Christoferson, and Sam what's his face. That's the extent of my husker twitter followings.

You just don't like me complaining about it. That's all.

You want to sit there, and 'support' the team by going easy, setting the bar low, and basically give up. Clap nicely for their efforts. Get em next time!

Sorry, but that is not my attitude about it. I am not afraid to go take swing again and find another coach who maybe can do better.

It's almost as if some of the fear from last year has now hit the fanbase.

Your reading comprehension needs some serious attention. I didn't say you attack players on twitter, I very clearly gave it as an example of fan behavior that does damage to our football program.

I did give the example of you name calling and attacking the players and staff on a personal level on here. You did call the QB a dog face, loser, etc on here, right? You do take any and every thread and use them to fire insults at the coaches and players, right? I don't see how that is setting the bar high, or doing anything to help.

Reactions: timnsun
Your reading comprehension needs some serious attention. I didn't say you attack players on twitter, I very clearly gave it as an example of fan behavior that does damage to our football program.

I did give the example of you name calling and attacking the players and staff on a personal level on here. You did call the QB a dog face, loser, etc on here, right? You do take any and every thread and use them to fire insults at the coaches and players, right? I don't see how that is setting the bar high, or doing anything to help.
well that is not a name.. it's an adjective.. and it's also factual.. the kid loses football games. He's also not on this board, so I'm not saying anything to him directly. That would be confrontational and something I wouldn't do.

I guess someone could name their dog "loser".. Here Loser, sit loser.. but who would do that? 😭

You guys are gonna be stuck with loser AM for 2 more years.. 2 more years of embarrassment before you fire that clown running the program.
This guy lives in his parents basement and is a stock boy at Costco ^^ he’s also 50 but his title is still stock boy. I don’t know this for certain but let’s be real....there’s a 98% chance I’m right.

This guy lives in his parents basement and is a stock boy at Costco ^^ he’s also 50 but his title is still stock boy. I don’t know this for certain but let’s be real....there’s a 98% chance I’m right.
98% my prediction is right.

I'm a retired programmer if you must know.

Luke had his shot (2.5 games) and didn't capitalize?

what do you call what AM has done with his shot (2.5 years)?

I think frost is completely lost. we lose close games against programs we used to laugh at and now yearn to compete with. that's the best thing you can say about the current state of the program. people on here beat their chests about playing a competitive game against f'ing northwestern. we are a complete joke, and the punchline is going straight over our heads.

my prediction for next year: 4-8 or 3-9 on the field, tons more platitudes and 'if you can't see the improvement, well thens' off the field.

@NikkiSixx has been right all along, about everything. every single person associated with Husker football is a culpable loser.

and thinking things will be different.
Who exactly can you quote that thinks things will be different with AM? There are a few guys, and apparently you've decided to join them, who constantly refer to this group of apologists and defenders of Frost and AM. I don't see it. I guess it's a product of the, "a lot of people are saying" phenomenon. Everyone is fed up. Most aren't nuts like you and Nikki, but that doesn't mean it's you and Nikki against the world. We all want Nebraska to be better at football.

Who exactly can you quote that thinks things will be different with AM? There are a few guys, and apparently you've decided to join them, who constantly refer to this group of apologists and defenders of Frost and AM. I don't see it. I guess it's a product of the, "a lot of people are saying" phenomenon. Everyone is fed up. Most aren't nuts like you and Nikki, but that doesn't mean it's you and Nikki against the world. We all want Nebraska to be better at football.
anyone who thinks we will win 5+ games next year is expecting things to be different with AM.

there is no 2 ways about it.

@NikkiSixx has been right all along, about everything. every single person associated with Husker football is a culpable loser.

He hasn't been right about one single thing that I can think of. In fact I don't think he has ever made one prediction or even talked about football. Unless you are still waiting for Andrew Bunch to accept his Heisman.

He hasn't been right about one single thing that I can think of. In fact I don't think he has ever made one prediction or even talked about football. Unless you are still waiting for Andrew Bunch to accept his Heisman.
he called martinez and frost losers 2 years ago.

they've yet to prove him wrong.

he called martinez and frost losers 2 years ago.

they've yet to prove him wrong.
Wow, insightful name calling. Missed his calling for ESPN. He's also the guy that wanted Andrew freaking Bunch to be the QB at Nebraska.

Wow, insightful name calling. Missed his calling for ESPN. He's also the guy that wanted Andrew freaking Bunch to be the QB at Nebraska.
I argued with him a lot when he first said martinez's body language and lack of confidence was a death knell for the program.

I argued with him a lot when he insisted frost would start AM no matter what.

he was right, I was wrong. simple as that.

until frost and AM win, they're losers by definition. I don't know what else to call them.

Reactions: oldjar07
Are people legitimately upset we didn't get a transfer QB from a division 2 school who's best offer was apparently to Western Kentucky? It's almost like he wasn't good enough for any power 5 schools to take him seriously.

I get that most are fed up here, specially since the Illinois and Minnesota debacles.. There are a couple that are ready to fire Frost today, most of us aren't there yet. But if things don't improve next year it will get ugly really fast in here and not going to lie, Moos will be the only one supporting Scott next year. Next year we will all know if Frost is the guy or not.

Are people legitimately upset we didn't get a transfer QB from a division 2 school who's best offer was apparently to Western Kentucky? It's almost like he wasn't good enough for any power 5 schools to take him seriously.
no, people are legitimately upset that we don't currently have a QB on the roster who's good enough for any of our opponents to take seriously.

It's not that, it's because this staff hasn't considered bringing in (or at least no one knows) a QB to come in and challenge the status quo. There are teams that have improved so much by just adding a good field general (LSU, Northwestern, Miami, etc.)

I get that most are fed up here, specially since the Illinois and Minnesota debacles.. There are a couple that are ready to fire Frost today, most of us aren't there yet. But if things don't improve next year it will get ugly really fast in here and not going to lie, Moos will be the only one supporting Scott next year. Next year we will all know if Frost is the guy or not.
I think people will see what they choose to see regardless of win-loss record.

No. I think people are upset we are apparently not pursuing ANY transfer QB's.

Our 3 year starter is who he is -- a real nice kid that loses tons of games and doesn't lead his unit, much less the team.

I think people will see what they choose to see regardless of win-loss record.

4f225adc15a4c75ade6f6a10cd748c72.jpg

Yes, I remember all the players leaving, not sure what you are getting at with that. And no, all your bitching and personal attacks are not the role of the fans. Deciding not to attend games or whatever is absolutely ones prerogative, but your nonstop whining and name calling is not productive,
If I call out a player, it's because they deserve to be called out. When a guy like Tannor gets as much playing time as he does and is as bad as he is (he's a Division II caliber player), he's going to get called out and called names for it. It's really the coaches' fault for continuing to throw him out there, but I'm sure he's a good kid. When people hype up Ty Robinson just because of his recruiting ranking and thinking he's an amazing player when he's the exact opposite, I call that out too. I think he has a lot of potential, but that's all it is. In reality, he's a bad player right now and shouldn't be getting as much PT as he does.

And don't pretend like you and the other cheerleaders on here don't have your own biases. Even the cheerleading fans think it's okay to constantly call out Farniok and Nelson on here saying they suck, when in reality they are pretty decent players.

And really **** off telling other fans how they should be a fan or telling them to stop watching games. You know what game I bitched least about? It was the Illinois game because that's when I gave up hope in this coaching staff. The fact that I'm on here bitching even after that shows I still care about this program. I remember being 6 years old and couldn't wait to watch the Huskers play, and I've been a die-hard fan since then. These last 6 years are not what Husker football represents, and yes it has been pretty miserable. But I'll be watching every game just hoping we can turn things around and start playing respectable football and having a team we can be proud of.

Most on here, myself included, think a few of you just take it too far. Nikki with Martinez, oldjar with robinson, and baseballne with frost. Calling a kid who tries his heart out a loser says more about you than it does him.

If I call out a player, it's because they deserve to be called out. When a guy like Tannor gets as much playing time as he does and is as bad as he is (he's a Division II caliber player), he's going to get called out and called names for it. It's really the coaches' fault for continuing to throw him out there, but I'm sure he's a good kid. When people hype up Ty Robinson just because of his recruiting ranking and thinking he's an amazing player when he's the exact opposite, I call that out too. I think he has a lot of potential, but that's all it is. In reality, he's a bad player right now and shouldn't be getting as much PT as he does.

And don't pretend like you and the other cheerleaders on here don't have your own biases. Even the cheerleading fans think it's okay to constantly call out Farniok and Nelson on here saying they suck, when in reality they are pretty decent players.

And really **** off telling other fans how they should be a fan or telling them to stop watching games. You know what game I bitched least about? It was the Illinois game because that's when I gave up hope in this coaching staff. The fact that I'm on here bitching even after that shows I still care about this program. I remember being 6 years old and couldn't wait to watch the Huskers play, and I've been a die-hard fan since then. These last 6 years are not what Husker football represents, and yes it has been pretty miserable. But I'll be watching every game just hoping we can turn things around and start playing respectable football and having a team we can be proud of.

Cheerleader? Every dam thing you type is dumber than the last. Try paying attention, instead of just taking shit. I have all sorts of issues with how things are going, and voice them frequently, but I don't think the crap you and Nikki do helps anything. Calling coaches and players names, like little school girls. Bitching nonstop about any and everything. Making up shit to bitch about and then reinventing it, after it is proven to be nonsense.

**** me? You can **** yourself with your dumbass bully attitude. You prove over and over you don’t know a thing about the game and now you want to attack someone else because they don’t think your antics help anything?

Most on here, myself included, think a few of you just take it too far. Nikki with Martinez, oldjar with robinson, and baseballne with frost. Calling a kid who tries his heart out a loser says more about you than it does him.
Exactly

Reactions: timnsun
Cheerleader? Every dam thing you type is dumber than the last. Try paying attention, instead of just taking shit. I have all sorts of issues with how things are going, and voice them frequently, but I don't think the crap you and Nikki do helps anything. Calling coaches and players names, like little school girls. Bitching nonstop about any and everything. Making up shit to bitch about and then reinventing it, after it is proven to be nonsense.

**** me? You can **** yourself with your dumbass bully attitude. You prove over and over you don’t know a thing about the game and now you want to attack someone else because they don’t think your antics help anything?
Wow you got awfully defensive there.

to be very clear: when I say every single person associated with Husker football is a culpable loser, I'm referring to their on-field performance.

if there was another word for the opposite of winner, I would use it.

You did tell him to **** off... kind of understandable, you know?
You and headcard are like the board cheerleaders. Support the team! Be positive! It's cute, it really is. And you have every right to act that way. But some of us like to have an actual discussion of how the team is performing, and if that takes a critical slant after 4 straight losing seasons, then so be it.

to be very clear: when I say every single person associated with Husker football is a culpable loser, I'm referring to their on-field performance.

if there was another word for the opposite of winner, I would use it.

calling players losers is dumb and you know that it is. It seems like you're usually doing it during a game and I can certainly understand the frustration from watching our team. I at least don't get the vibe from you that you're just waiting for someone to screw up so you can immediately type another bitch post, which is more than I can say about a few others here. I think that's the part that annoys me the most - people that only come to bitch or that only come to stir up shit.

You and headcard are like the board cheerleaders. Support the team! Be positive! It's cute, it really is. And you have every right to act that way. But some of us like to have an actual discussion of how the team is performing, and if that takes a critical slant after 4 straight losing seasons, then so be it.

you don't though. you only post negative.

well sure you do.. if enough fans make enough noise, things change.
There has been plenty of "noise"....Moos is deaf to it...and evidently so are the big boosters so far. I do think that changes if next years is as big of a mess as this one we are thankfully over with.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT