ADVERTISEMENT

QB transfer portals

dacred

Redshirt Freshman
Dec 11, 2002
There was some talk about a small college QB that enter the portal that threw for a crazy amount of yards. Any help in who this was? TIA

don't be retarded scarlet.. Luke got a shot this year, and Vedral got one last year.

Vedral got his shot was because of Martinez was injured against Minnesota and Indiana ...Don’t be so naive...

Wasn’t talking about Penn St and Illinois this year.

Reactions: CatColumbia
Dylan McCaffrey is planning to transfer. Neb could go after him and then have both brothers lined up at WR or in the secondary.

might be valuable as scout team
QBs as well when facing a team that runs the wildcat

well sure you do.. if enough fans make enough noise, things change.
I think enough fans know it’s not good but willing to give Frost another year. If he struggles next year then yeah he needs to go. If he gets us to a bowl then I would give him to year 5 For sure. Many have doubts but still think he can get it done. Again, I have stated the noise won’t be the thing that gets him fired it will be the apathy. People deciding it’s not worth my time anymore Or pay good money for bad football. More people I talked to said they turned the game off at halftime. And when the pandemic is over I think there will be concern/anxiety from people about being packed in with 90k other people. So i don’t see as many coming in droves for mediocre football.

I think enough fans know it’s not good but willing to give Frost another year. If he struggles next year then yeah he needs to go. If he gets us to a bowl then I would give him to year 5 For sure. Many have doubts but still think he can get it done. Again, I have stated the noise won’t be the thing that gets him fired it will be the apathy. People deciding it’s not worth my time anymore Or pay good money for bad football. More people I talked to said they turned the game off at halftime. And when the pandemic is over I think there will be concern/anxiety from people about being packed in with 90k other people. So i don’t see as many coming in droves for mediocre football.
Fans grabbing their pitchforks, pissing and moaning and making everyone’s lives miserable is not what this program needs. We’ve had far too much of that. We need to support the team and they need to support each other. We’ve had far, far too much self inflicted drama. I kind of feel bad for these kids they are recruited here hearing about the best fans in college football, sellouts and support and they get here and it’s a giant soap opera.

Last edited:
Fans grabbing their pitchforks, pissing and moaning and making everyone’s lives miserable is not what this program needs. We’ve had far too much of that. We need to support the team and they need to support each other. We’ve had far, far too much self inflicted drama. I kind of feel bad for these kids they are recruited here hearing about the best fans in college football, sellouts and support and they get here and it’s a giant soap opera.
Frost got more support here than you can ever ask for in his first 3 years. Not only did he not repay that support, he fell flat on his face. Are these the same kids that you feel sorry for that a bunch of people wanted to chase out just because they were recruited by Riley? If I or other fans like me make your life miserable, you're just going to have to get used to it. I supported Frost fully for 2.5 years, but I had seen enough by the Illinois game this year. Frost has gotten as much support as any coach we've ever had, but he's done nothing to show he actually deserves that support.

There was some talk about a small college QB that enter the portal that threw for a crazy amount of yards. Any help in who this was? TIA
Any chance you were thinking of Bailey Zappe from Houston Baptist? He signed with Western Kentucky.

Frost got more support here than you can ever ask for in his first 3 years. Not only did he not repay that support, he fell flat on his face. Are these the same kids that you feel sorry for that a bunch of people wanted to chase out just because they were recruited by Riley? If I or other fans like me make your life miserable, you're just going to have to get used to it. I supported Frost fully for 2.5 years, but I had seen enough by the Illinois game this year. Frost has gotten as much support as any coach we've ever had, but he's done nothing to show he actually deserves that support.

Yes, all the players and all the coaches. I do not recall the run off the players recruited by Riley narrative, you speak of. But yes, that is bush league BS, so is the name calling and attacking of current players. The role of the fans is to support the team, not try to tear it down. Sad you don’t realize that.

Any chance you were thinking of Bailey Zappe from Houston Baptist? He signed with Western Kentucky.
Seems obvious we didn’t even try if he went to Western Kentucky. That’s very concerning to me.
Not that I “expected” it in reality, but I sure did “expect” them to seek a transfer QB on principle.
Zappe threw 75 TDs in 3 years...
15 TDs in only 4 games this year...
Adrian has played in 17 games the last two years with only 14 TDs thrown...
TDs and points win ball games.

These types of decisions make me question coaches’ judgment for sure.
Zappe’s not the same runner? like AM who’s been a nation leader in fumbles when RBs can also run with the ball.

Adrian has been talked about at length. There’s really no disputing how a QB upgrade would yield more W’s, but we’re gonna ride the kid who’s quite simply not getting the job done.

And when the conversation turns to lack of WR’s, well Bailey had two of his FCS WRs also in the portal. Coulda gone after all three if our 4* WR’s aren’t cutting it.

Seems obvious we didn’t even try if he went to Western Kentucky. That’s very concerning to me.
Not that I “expected” it in reality, but I sure did “expect” them to seek a transfer QB on principle.

Zappe’s not the same runner? like AM who’s been a nation leader in fumbles when RBs can also run with the ball.

Adrian has been talked about at length. There’s really no disputing how a QB upgrade would yield more W’s, but we’re gonna ride the kid who’s quite simply not getting the job done.

And when the conversation turns to lack of WR’s, well Bailey had two of his FCS WRs also in the portal. Coulda gone after all three if our 4* WR’s aren’t cutting it.
When you originally posted info on Zappe I thought he'd end up at a P5 school for sure.

Reactions: HominidHusker
When you originally posted info on Zappe I thought he'd end up at a P5 school for sure.
... and I’m not trying to say he was a lock to improve our team, but he represents the issue and it’s hard to ignore his production regardless if it’s FCS.

Reactions: CatColumbia

So many reason why someone chooses the school they go to. It’s a little short-sighted to say that because he went to WKU we didn’t try. It just as easily could have been he looked at our QB room and decided the competition may have been too stiff and he wanted to go somewhere he could be assured of playing.

I’m not saying we went after him, because I have no idea, but I don’t think it’s obvious that we didn’t try.

Yes, all the players and all the coaches. I do not recall the run off the players recruited by Riley narrative, you speak of. But yes, that is bush league BS, so is the name calling and attacking of current players. The role of the fans is to support the team, not try to tear it down. Sad you don’t realize that.
you don't remember all those offensive players that transferred out shortly after the spring game after Scott arrived?

you probably also don't remember all the players that have transferred out in the past 2 cycles that Frost himself recruited too.

you don't get to define the role of fans.. fans vote with their wallet, or not and have a right to complain when a new coach comes in and destroys their football program.

What is your definition of get it done? Just curious as to what fans think is realistic

you don't remember all those offensive players that transferred out shortly after the spring game after Scott arrived?

you probably also don't remember all the players that have transferred out in the past 2 cycles that Frost himself recruited too.

you don't get to define the role of fans.. fans vote with their wallet, or not and have a right to complain when a new coach comes in and destroys their football program.

Yes, I remember all the players leaving, not sure what you are getting at with that. And no, all your bitching and personal attacks are not the role of the fans. Deciding not to attend games or whatever is absolutely ones prerogative, but your nonstop whining and name calling is not productive,

Reactions: spencerhfd
Yes, I remember all the players leaving, not sure what you are getting at with that. And no, all your bitching and personal attacks are not the role of the fans. Deciding not to attend games or whatever is absolutely ones prerogative, but your nonstop whining and name calling is not productive,
You said "I do not recall the run off the players recruited by Riley narrative, you speak of."

Now you're saying you do remember all the players leaving.. so which is it?

Also, I have not called you any name and have not attacked you at all. I am the recipient of those things on this board all the time, so I think you're just making things up again.. baseless accusations.

Last edited:
Reactions: Husker_AMG63
You said "I do not recall the run off the players recruited by Riley narrative, you speak of."

Now you're saying you do remember all the players leaving.. so which is it?

Also, I have not called you any name and have not attacked you at all. I am the recipient of those things on this board all the time, so I think you're just making things up again.. baseless accusations.

I said I don’t recall the narrative that we should run off all the players recruited by Riley. You made that up. I never said we haven’t had players leave, we have had players leave that were recruited by Pelini, Riley and alike.

I never said you have called me anything. I am saying you constantly do this to the players and the staff. You do not talk about football. You don’t say things like we need to be able to throw the ball accurately, you say things like our QB is a dog faced loser. Having fans on Twitter tagging players to complain about the team is wrong. Calling out players and coaches on a personal level is wrong. Turning every single discussion, no matter what it is about into a bitch about the people associated with Nebraska football is wrong. We all should be frustrated and should be able to talk about that, and what we think needs to be done, but it is being taken to unhealthy place. And like I said above what I really believe we need is to lay off and support this team.

Reactions: timnsun
Why would we look at a small college QB at this point that no one has heard of?? Luke had his shot and didn't capitalize. We should move him to WR and Smothers will have his chance next year if AM struggles. This is where we are right now.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT