ADVERTISEMENT

QB Offer

Will be interesting to see how BW plays this. you have a sophomore with big time offers and upside. Then you have your returning starter who has led your team to championship and has really solid numbers. This sophomore going to sit for another year behind the returning starter?

Reactions: bomber89
Will be interesting to see how BW plays this. you have a sophomore with big time offers and upside. Then you have your returning starter who has led your team to championship and has really solid numbers. This sophomore going to sit for another year behind the returning starter?
Pull a Steve Spurrier and alternate them every play!

I'm kidding, that was awful.

• Haha
Reactions: bigredhunter
If their offense is as loaded as it appears everyone believes it to be the games should be over by halftime until they get into the playoffs. Have the starter play until the games are out of hand number two comes in. The other opportunity and option is that he has some designed series that he executes just in any given fashion that the staff decides to get him experience. If he’s that good you’ll get an opportunity to play.

Reactions: bigredhunter
@bingo65 would tell him to transfer

He got a positive mention in a national write up for next gen QBs competing in front of pro scouts at some camp or maybe elite 11 camp?

Reactions: John_J_Rambo
I wonder where his HS coach will try to steer him away too?

Can’t say I blame him. We all know Frost and company will get the bare minimum out of Betts.
Had to drive the coach crazy seeing a number of walk ons getting PT last year while the only way offensive genius could get Betts the ball was going to the shovel pass.

He should transfer to Kearney Catholic. You can't win championships without Stars!

I’m still not sure how Bell West and Millard South are still allowed to bring in every kid they need to compete for wins.
Parents find a way. I'm not sure what the rules are around that stuff but kids seem to show up one year at high schools with a shot to win state.

Will be interesting to see how this kid does, that feels awfully early to be throwing offers at a guy who (if I'm reading this thread correctly) isn't even the starter on his HS team.

Both those districts are open enrollment to not district residents (Unless Bell has changed and I just don't know about it)

Bennington, Elkhorn, those are closed up to non-district kids, Westside used to be the same but they are open now too.

dis makes locals happy. dis kid must be good from wat I heard. parents good people too. looking forward to dis boy

Parents find a way. I'm not sure what the rules are around that stuff but kids seem to show up one year at high schools with a shot to win state.

Will be interesting to see how this kid does, that feels awfully early to be throwing offers at a guy who (if I'm reading this thread correctly) isn't even the starter on his HS team.
In the olden days when my wife was an apartment manager she rented an apartment to Barry Collier which remained empty so his kids could go to a certain elementary school.

Meanwhile, I saw a tweet that we picked up some CBs for what is being described as our lone QB target for the 2022 cycle. He's a 3* who we'll spend the coming months hoping gets his 4th star.

Then a moment later I saw a tweet of Ohio State's QB commit tossing dimes at some camp. He's a 5*.

We have zero proven commodities at QB and an offense just BEGGING for a kid to come in and blow up the record books if he can sling it, we're still over here trying to put the stars on 'em. (kicks over table full of kool aid)

In the olden days when my wife was an apartment manager she rented an apartment to Barry Collier which remained empty so his kids could go to a certain elementary school.
I had a dad that I coached with that bought a house in another school district (and rented it) just in case his son would want to go to that high school someday.

Reactions: saluno22
Meanwhile, I saw a tweet that we picked up some CBs for what is being described as our lone QB target for the 2022 cycle. He's a 3* who we'll spend the coming months hoping gets his 4th star.

Then a moment later I saw a tweet of Ohio State's QB commit tossing dimes at some camp. He's a 5*.

We have zero proven commodities at QB and an offense just BEGGING for a kid to come in and blow up the record books if he can sling it, we're still over here trying to put the stars on 'em. (kicks over table full of kool aid)

Meanwhile in Lincoln we will bring in transfers at EVERY position year round EXCEPT QB because our QB "projects" not only can't throw accurately they are so mentally fragile that the thought of real competition would make them cry for their mommas.

At Ohio State they bring IN QB transfers. They also brought in a 5-star QB AND a 4 star QB in this 2021 and doing the same thing again in 2022 including the #1 QB in the nation.

BIG BOY FOOTBALL....

Reactions: lazysunday
Meanwhile in Lincoln we will bring in transfers at EVERY position year round EXCEPT QB because our QB "projects" not only can't throw accurately they are so mentally fragile that the thought of real competition would make them cry for their mommas.

At Ohio State they bring IN QB transfers. They also brought in a 5-star QB AND a 4 star QB in this 2021 and doing the same thing again in 2022 including the #1 QB in the nation.

BIG BOY FOOTBALL....
I'm not sure our QB's are "projects". Luke maybe, but all of the others had pretty damn good HS careers. I agree we need to get better on talent evaluation as Adrian hasn't panned out, but pump the breaks a little. Frost needs to win games. Kids want to go to places where they can win. That big time QB that just flipped to OSU flat out said that is why is decommitted from Texas. He wanted to go to a place where was probably going to go to the show and have a chance at winning a title. He didn't feel Texas was there.

Reactions: WHCSC
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT