ADVERTISEMENT

Put in vedral

It’s 14-7. Everyone relax. We’re better than Illinois. We’re fine. AM will figure it out.

Reactions: SeaOfRed75
This is going on 4 games. There is something wrong and it is not injury it is mental (girl issues maybe)?

Won’t happen. Martinez is Frost’s boy.. He didn’t bring him to Lincoln to take a seat.
This is why Frost is a dumbass.. his judgement has been clouded by his love of Martinez athleticism that he can't see the other missing traits his QB doesn't have.. Same reason why Jurgens got moved to center with virtually no preparation.

Martinez looks like a guy who is thinking too much. All that thinking has made him hesitant, so every throw is a step late. He's going to get Spielman killed by hanging all of those passes out there for him. And the running, it's like they completely deballed him from last year. I can't believe this is the same guy who got some Heisman talk as a true freshman.

Expectations are a b*****, his stats are very similar to last year...and he is missing a senior rb, center, and go to reciever. I just think people thought he would be a heisman candidate. He is a true sophomore who was inconsistent last year at times with accuracy and fumbles...it has continued this year...they probably needed to rep him fully in the fall and not treat him like an All-American... a qb competition will be good for him.

It’s 14-7. Everyone relax. We’re better than Illinois. We’re fine. AM will figure it out.
Sure, that is a reasonable request while struggling against the (arguably) worst B1G West team. What about when we play an AVERAGE team?

Martinez looks like a guy who is thinking too much. All that thinking has made him hesitant, so every throw is a step late. He's going to get Spielman killed by hanging all of those passes out there for him. And the running, it's like they completely deballed him from last year. I can't believe this is the same guy who got some Heisman talk as a true freshman.
He’s not being as decisive as he was by the end of last season. This is fairly close to how he started last season.

He needs to sometimes just get up the field.

Martinez had been brutal so far including falling down in the open field. He plays like a guy who doesn't get tackled in practice and is pressing mentally.

Good old fashioned yips.

Reactions: jeans15
Expectations are a b*****, his stats are very similar to last year...and he is missing a senior rb, center, and go to reciever.

Valid point. The O-line is terrible this year, and as you said, he's missing some major playmakers from last year's team. They had FIVE WR in the 2018 class, and I don't recognize one of them as having contributed yet: Justin McGriff, Katerian LeGrone, Mike Williams, Dominick Watt, Andre Hunt....WHO? Where are these guys? It's not like WR is a position that takes a long time to adjust to the college game. It is one of the easiest to transition.

Reactions: bshirt73
Valid point. The O-line is terrible this year, and as you said, he's missing some major playmakers from last year's team. They had FIVE WR in the 2018 class, and I don't recognize one of them as having contributed yet: Justin McGriff, Katerian LeGrone, Mike Williams, Dominick Watt, Andre Hunt....WHO? Where are these guys? It's not like WR is a position that takes a long time to adjust to the college game. It is one of the easiest to transition.
People scoffed when I said maybe you get McCaffrey out there at WR because he's too good to ride pine. Think he could help at RB or WR right about now or nah?

He is running like he has an extra 25 or more lbs on his back. Oh, he put on muscle. got it.

Quick update. Its okay to criticize the QB and not demand his demotion.

Sort of twilight zone, I will admit. At some point, you have to put in different personnel and see the result. If the ineptness continues then it’s probably coaching. But you can’t stay stuck in this perpetual sloppiness.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT