ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue's Matt Haarms enters portal

Creighton can suck a
giphy.gif

Seemed underutilized to me
I wouldn't say that. He's going to fit much better in a fast paced pick and roll pick and pop offense. Purdue was that with Carsen. Trying to do that last year would have been a very bad idea, so Purdue slowed things way down. He doesn't have the size to bang in the post. He needs a place that will let him run, hit him off back screens, and allow him to shoot more rythmn threes when the defender sinks off. He also probably wants to be a starting center. He would be a 20 minutes per game back-up next year.

Reactions: John_J_Rambo
I wouldn't say that. He's going to fit much better in a fast paced pick and roll pick and pop offense. Purdue was that with Carsen. Trying to do that last year would have been a very bad idea, so Purdue slowed things way down. He doesn't have the size to bang in the post. He needs a place that will let him run, hit him off back screens, and allow him to shoot more rythmn threes when the defender sinks off.
Hoiskers??

If you have a guard that can create for him, yes he would fit the offense. Louisville, Gonzaga, and Kentucky have reached out.
well we have all new players so it's certainly possible we have a pick-&-roll PG. we just won't know until the season starts lol

Reactions: yunginsNU2
Why is he leaving Purdue?
No one really knows. Painter said today he's had multiple discussions with Haarms since the season ended and never got the impression he was leaving. Haarms is actually still on campus, which is more or less shut down. My guess is he didn't want to be a backup center playing 20 minutes per game as a senior on an offense that is going to try and slow it down. As I mentioned before, he doesn't really fit the look of the team now, as he did the last couple years. This team isn't ready to play super fast. Haarms needs to move, play fast, have guards attract the attention to allow him to role freely to the basket or bounce out and pop the 3. He isn't good enough to be the guy and Purdue kind of needed him to be. He was really good with Carsen last year though.

These kids all have advisors and others in their ear. He's obviously got options and decided somewhere else would be better. It's almost like anymore if you DON'T transfer you're just not doing it right.

I wouldn't say that. He's going to fit much better in a fast paced pick and roll pick and pop offense. Purdue was that with Carsen. Trying to do that last year would have been a very bad idea, so Purdue slowed things way down. He doesn't have the size to bang in the post. He needs a place that will let him run, hit him off back screens, and allow him to shoot more rythmn threes when the defender sinks off. He also probably wants to be a starting center. He would be a 20 minutes per game back-up next year.

He needs to come out here to Eastern Washington and join the Zags. Mark Few does an excellent job with both transfers and European players. That and the Zags like to move the ball up and down the court.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT