ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue Friend past me this information today...

Dang! George was an absolute stud. DL was a place I didn't see Brohm recruiting as well as he has. Credit to Holt I guess. About the only spot he could recruit on defense with consistency.

the Huskers, like Purdue, are a young, talented team. Frost has brought in back to back Top 15 and Top 17 recruiting classes in the country. We have pulled in a grand total of 25-26 4 star players over the 2019-2020 recruiting classes (when considering the Big 3 recruiting sites (Rivals, 24/7 and ESPN Recruiting)).

And we aren’t just getting regular 4 star players either, of those 25-26 4 star players, 14-15 of them are in the Top 100 to Top 250 range.....more then we ever had since Bill Callahan was here. On top of that, we have added a bunch of players that are considered borderline 4 star players to go along with those 4 star players. Eventually Frost and this staff will have all pieces in place and they will turn that corner. When that happens, look out. GBR

And I ultimately agree, the Huskers vs Purdue games will be some high scoring, exciting games in the future.

Last edited:
Reactions: scarletred
the Huskers, like Purdue, are a young, talented team. Frost has brought in back to back Top 15 and Top 17 recruiting classes in the country. We have pulled in a grand total of 25-26 4 star players over the 2019-2020 recruiting classes (when considering the Big 3 recruiting sites (Rivals, 24/7 and ESPN Recruiting)).

And we aren’t just getting regular 4 star players either, of those 25-26 4 star players, 14-15 of them are in the Top 100 to Top 250 range.....more then we ever had since Bill Callahan was here. On top of that, we have added a bunch of players that are considered borderline 4 star players to go along with those 4 star players. Eventually Frost and this staff will have all pieces in place and they will turn that corner. When that happens, look out. GBR

And I ultimately agree, the Huskers vs Purdue games will be some high scoring, exciting games in the future.
Ya. I have been paying attention to frost recruiting. Not close, but enough to know how far behind Purdue has been the last few years. Haha Purdue has been 2nd in the west to Nebraska back to back years. Will be a small class for Purdue this year though, so probably won't repeat.

I think Purdue has brought in 19 4 stars and a 5 star by some metrics. 247 had Karlaftis a 5 star. I believe I read a stat where, in the past 15 years, so basically once the downfall of tiller started, Purdue has brought in like 6 4 star recruits up to Brohms arrival. Purdue hasn't seen recruiting like this since the highs of the tiller era, which produced some dang good teams! Really all I'm asking for is a consistent top 25 team that will push for the west every few years. And a final 4 for basketball. Had that until Virginia's stupid miracle shot.

Most of us would probably do the same thing he is doing if we were in his shoes.
You also can buy insurance which is what some players have done in the past. But for some players it's more about the money than the joy of playing the game. For them college is just an inconvenient step. That's OK, each person has a right to make their own choices but I do think some may regret foregoing those college experiences/memories in their later years.

we will see. I don’t know about being a year away though. I’ll gladly wait and see how Purdue does this year before I even guess that. Being a very pass heavy team has never worked out for anyone, anywhere in college football. Texas Tech and teams like that, have always had WRs with high stat numbers but that never translated to a dominant team.

Last year Purdue had 510 pass attempts to 271 rushing attempts between your top 3 RBs for a grand total of 880 yards rushing. That’s 3.89 yards per rushing attempt. That’s not a good thing, ever.

Absolutely 100% correct sir as the evidence is everywhere. If you can't run the ball you're in deep doo-doo.

Reactions: huskerssalts
Ya. I have been paying attention to frost recruiting. Not close, but enough to know how far behind Purdue has been the last few years. Haha Purdue has been 2nd in the west to Nebraska back to back years. Will be a small class for Purdue this year though, so probably won't repeat.

I think Purdue has brought in 19 4 stars and a 5 star by some metrics. 247 had Karlaftis a 5 star. I believe I read a stat where, in the past 15 years, so basically once the downfall of tiller started, Purdue has brought in like 6 4 star recruits up to Brohms arrival. Purdue hasn't seen recruiting like this since the highs of the tiller era, which produced some dang good teams! Really all I'm asking for is a consistent top 25 team that will push for the west every few years. And a final 4 for basketball. Had that until Virginia's stupid miracle shot.

no offense to the basketball part you add in, we were talking about football only my man lol. Nice try though;)

Purdue, through 2019 and 2020 recruiting classes has had 9 4 star recruits and 1 5 star (via 24/7 only) via the Big 3 recruiting sites. I’ll give credit were it’s due, that’s a good thing. Purdue before Brohm has never pulled in that level of recruits. You’d have to go way back to 2014 to find Purdue’s last 4 star recruit before Brohm. So I do agree, Brohm has definitely upped Purdue’s talent level and hopefully he keeps it going.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT