ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue Friend past me this information today...

Ohhh is that what happened last year?

Bill_Murray_Caddyshack2.gif

Reactions: bigboxes
It stings, but it stings much less now than the last two years. There are much more important players Purdue could lose. It doesn't sting as bad because Purdue has so much talent at WR.

Please don't confuse me saying this with Purdue will replace the best WR in the big ten. Without rondale, Purdue still has the best WR in the big ten.

do you realize how STUPID this sounds? Yes, you guys had a solid performance from Bell last year but he isn’t Rondell Moore and it’s not even close. Moore was one of the most electrifying WRs in the country....it REALLY HURTS Purdue. So stop to stupid talk. Bell is not R. Moore. I can’t believe how bad you are down playing a lose of one of the best WRs in the country.
I like to know about the other big ten teams. Honestly just like discussing football, now more than ever because we need sports. I try to be pretty honest about all teams as well, including Purdue. I'll have a little homerism with them naturally though.

As said before, rondale is a big loss, but at the same time, Purdue has some talented guys to fill some of the void he will leave. As in, I don't think the Purdue offense will miss a beat. I think we will have some fun games in future years between Purdue and Nebraska with the way their programs are trending.

no you didn’t, you tried, in every way, to down play it. At least man up and own it as a lose. Any other smart fan would. And you don’t come here to discuss football, you are obsessed with the Huskers and live on our board trying to convince us your Purdue team is something special...which will NEVER happen.

Last edited:
do you realize how STUPID this sounds? Yes, you guys had a solid performance from Bell last year but he isn’t Rondell Moore and it’s not even close. Moore was one of the most electrifying WRs in the country....it REALLY HURTS Purdue. So stop to stupid talk. Bell is not R. Moore. I can’t believe how bad you are down playing a lose of one of the best WRs in the country.

no you didn’t, you tried, in every way, to down play it. At least man up and own it as a lose. Any other smart fan would. And you don’t come here to discuss football, you are obsessed with the Huskers and live on our board trying to convince us your Purdue team is something special...which will NEVER happen.
It isn't going to be something special this year, but Purdue will get back to being a top 25 team under Brohm. My guess is 2021. It's one of those things, Moore or no Moore, kind of like speilman or no speilman, I expect Purdue, Nebraska, Minnesota, and Wisconsin to have good offenses in the west.

Man the Big Ten is so pathetic. Frost acknowledges that maybe, just maybe, games against teams like Indiana and Purdue are more winnable than games against teams like Ohio State, and then those teams get all upset and offended like that’s not objectively true.

This conference sucks

Man the Big Ten is so pathetic. Frost acknowledges that maybe, just maybe, games against teams like Indiana and Purdue are more winnable than games against teams like Ohio State, and then those teams get all upset and offended like that’s not objectively true.

This conference sucks
Coaches do what they can to motivate their players. Hopefully Frost would do the same.

Last edited:
Reactions: Husker_AMG63
Ahhhh, you don't see this one often but I love it. The old "We just lost our best player, probably the best player we have had in the last 10 years...but we will actually be BETTER without him, because the dudes that were sitting while he played are actually better"
I don't think he said they'll be better. What he's said is true. Purdue has recruited the WR position VERY well and they have very talented depth behind Rondale. We'll see if somebody can fill his shoes.

I always enjoy the notion that some team is just gonna replace early-round talent with the "next guy up." No, statistically the odds say that isn't what's going to happen.

There will be somebody out there taking snaps at that position, but that kid is a very rare talent especially for Purdue or for that matter where NU has been for several years. It's not realistic to think somebody else just pops up and replaces what he brings.

It was no big deal to a lot of poster on this board to have Ozigbo graduate and take his 1,000 yard season with him. Lots of guys in that RB room, they weren't worried, engrave Mo Washington's Heisman now. RB was a shit show last year, Mo is gone, the young kids weren't ready.

Reactions: JohnRossEwing
I always enjoy the notion that some team is just gonna replace early-round talent with the "next guy up." No, statistically the odds say that isn't what's going to happen.

There will be somebody out there taking snaps at that position, but that kid is a very rare talent especially for Purdue or for that matter where NU has been for several years. It's not realistic to think somebody else just pops up and replaces what he brings.

It was no big deal to a lot of poster on this board to have Ozigbo graduate and take his 1,000 yard season with him. Lots of guys in that RB room, they weren't worried, engrave Mo Washington's Heisman now. RB was a shit show last year, Mo is gone, the young kids weren't ready.

Yep...they might have really good players behind him but RM is a guy that you actually gameplan for, like you literally have calls on defense for him, it changes everything.

As a Nebraska fan, I'm glad we won't be facing Rondale. Regardless of what anyone says, you're just not going to replace a healthy Rondale with anyone that's as good as he was. No matter how talented your backups, there has to be some drop off.

I just don't get though why Rondale is opting out of college so quick. Obviously he cares little about the college experience, it was just something he had to do to get to that NFL paycheck. He must think he's very injury prone to be skipping this season.

Reactions: huskerssalts
As a Nebraska fan, I'm glad we won't be facing Rondale. Regardless of what anyone says, you're just not going to replace a healthy Rondale with anyone that's as good as he was. No matter how talented your backups, there has to be some drop off.

I just don't get though why Rondale is opting out of college so quick. Obviously he cares little about the college experience, it was just something he had to do to get to that NFL paycheck. He must think he's very injury prone to be skipping this season.
Most of us would probably do the same thing he is doing if we were in his shoes.

Reactions: scarletred
I don't think he said they'll be better. What he's said is true. Purdue has recruited the WR position VERY well and they have very talented depth behind Rondale. We'll see if somebody can fill his shoes.
Yup. Exactly. They won't be able to fill his shoes, but they should be able to fill 60-70% or his shoes. There is enough WR talent that losing rondale won't kill the offense like the last couple years. Still have David Bell as well.

Isn’t this going to be Purdue’s first year under Bobby D’s 3-4 defense. Easy win.
It's not going to be solely a 3-4. They are planning to run multiple fronts. I'm very curious to see what it looks like. Purdue should have a dang good Dline with a day 2 DT and day 1 draft pick at DE. LB's could be rough though. Secondary should be good. Key word being should.

I have a feeling Purdue is going to need to score 30+ to get to my 6-4 prediction.

What's the Nebraska defense going to look like? They lost most of their Dline didn't they? Anyone ready to take the reigns?

But he actually WAS, he was down playing losing Moore and then acting like Bell and Wright would be just as good and Purdue wouldn’t miss a beat. No offense, Bell is a solid WR but he isn’t Moore and it’s not even comparable. Purdue has some a couple solid WRs but none of them are at the Rondell Moore level.

Last edited:
It's not going to be solely a 3-4. They are planning to run multiple fronts. I'm very curious to see what it looks like. Purdue should have a dang good Dline with a day 2 DT and day 1 draft pick at DE. LB's could be rough though. Secondary should be good. Key word being should.

I have a feeling Purdue is going to need to score 30+ to get to my 6-4 prediction.

What's the Nebraska defense going to look like? They lost most of their Dline didn't they? Anyone ready to take the reigns?

that is the defense Diaco runs. So yes, Diaco will be installing the 3-4 defense with you guys just like he did as a Husker DC. “Bob Diaco 3-4 No Crease Defense” is what he calls it. You guys can still have a solid Dline and all but don’t mistake it, there will be growing pains this year on the defensive side of the ball.

Last edited:
that is the defense Diaco runs. So yes, Diaco will be installing the 3-4 defense with you guys just like he did as a Husker DC. “Bob Diaco 3-4 No Crease Defense” is what he calls it. You guys can still have a solid Dline and all but don’t mistake it, there will be growing pains this year on the defensive side of the ball.
Again, it isn't a full blown 3-4. Purdue is going to be multiple fronted. This has been witness by reporters at spring ball, Jeff Brohm and Diaco have also discussed it. It won't be a straight 3-4.

Nick Holt ran a 4-3, but played a 3-4 vs Nebraska last year. I'm not saying there won't be growing pains, but it sure helps when you have the pieces. It will be awfully nice to not have to rely on the defense for that reason.

But he actually WAS, he was down playing losing Moore and then acting like Bell and White would be just as good and Purdue wouldn’t miss a beat. No offense, Bell is a solid WR but he isn’t Moore and it’s not even comparable. Purdue has some a couple solid WRs but none of them are at the Rondell Moore level.
Ya. Purdue is losing a great player, but rondale wasn't the difference between a good and bad offense. This offense should still be good. That was the point I was making. A lot of people think rondale is Purdues offense.

Again, it isn't a full blown 3-4. Purdue is going to be multiple fronted. This has been witness by reporters at spring ball, Jeff Brohm and Diaco have also discussed it. It won't be a straight 3-4.

Nick Holt ran a 4-3, but played a 3-4 vs Nebraska last year. I'm not saying there won't be growing pains, but it sure helps when you have the pieces. It will be awfully nice to not have to rely on the defense for that reason.

my man, you have a big surprise ahead of you. And no offense, the Huskers had a Top 21 defense in the country and Top 3 to 4 in the BIG 10 the year before Bob Diaco with Banker. Diaco comes in, installs his 3-4 defense and our Top 21 defense was suddenly the worst defense in the BIG 10. So I’m quite sure we had the pieces for a good defense ourselves before Bobby D. It’s the transition from 4-3 to 3-4 that killed us. Not to mention our team quit on Riley and his staff.

Reactions: bshirt73

Go watch the season opener we had against Arkansas State when Diaco took over (or any other game for that matter). Yikes. Maybe you’ll have better luck.

Great talent that will be missed and he was fun to watch. Most impressive thing with Rondale is he is on track to graduate in 2.5 years.

Reactions: BoilerN
my man, you have a big surprise ahead of you. And no offense, the Huskers had a Top 21 defense in the country and Top 3 to 4 in the BIG 10 the year before Bob Diaco with Banker. Diaco comes in, installs his 3-4 defense and our Top 21 defense was suddenly the worst defense in the BIG 10. So I’m quite sure we had the pieces for a good defense ourselves before Bobby D. It’s the transition from 4-3 to 3-4 that killed us. Not to mention our team quit on Riley and his staff.
And thats my question on Diaco. Truth be told. Was his time at Nebraska because he is bad or because he was hired by a coach that everyone knew was going to be fired after that year. Most were shocked he wasn't fired the year Diaco was hired. Because outside of Nebraska, his defenses haven't been bad. He can't be worse than Holt was last year I don't think.... Lol Holt was getting worse by the year though.

And thats my question on Diaco. Truth be told. Was his time at Nebraska because he is bad or because he was hired by a coach that everyone knew was going to be fired after that year. Most were shocked he wasn't fired the year Diaco was hired. Because outside of Nebraska, his defenses haven't been bad. He can't be worse than Holt was last year I don't think.... Lol Holt was getting worse by the year though.

Are you ready for THE STRAIN?

the Huskers went 9-4 that season before Diaco was hired and it was only year 2 for Mike Riley and Banker. In all honesty, Im still lost on Banker being fired for Diaco. So I don’t think Riley was being viewed as a coach about to be fired. It was the disastrous season Riley had the next season while Diaco was in his first year as our DC when everything fell apart. The team completely quit on the staff.

in all honesty, I hope Purdue does good and gets things rolling. I have always liked Purdue and Brohm. You guys have a solid pass team but you guys still have a little ways to go before Purdue is a Top 25 team and a BIG 10 team in the West competing for the West division titles. The last time Purdue was ranked in the Top 25 final polls was back in 2007.

Wow. Some major downplaying of Rondale Moore. That guy is a generational talent. Someone who probably literally kept D coordinators up at night. I don't know if I've ever been watching a game like his first game of college and gone "who the f*** is that guy" like I did with Moore.

the Huskers went 9-4 that season before Diaco was hired and it was only year 2 for Mike Riley and Banker. In all honesty, Im still lost on Banker being fired for Diaco. So I don’t think Riley was being viewed as a coach about to be fired. It was the disastrous season Riley had the next season while Diaco was in his first year as our DC that everything fell apart. The team completely quit on the staff.

in all honesty, I hope Purdue does good and gets things rolling. I have always liked Purdue and Brohm. You guys have a solid pass team but you guys still have a little ways to go before Purdue is a Top 25 team and a BIG 10 team in the West competing for the West division titles.
I think we are probably a year away from being viewed as a contender at minimum. The best thing Brohm can do is keep stacking top 30 recruiting classes and get a high level offense, which I think they are getting close to. Last year was the youth movement, and it showed how young Purdue was in the way they played I think. They had a streak of 19 straight TD's scored by freshman last year, which is crazy to even imagine on a big ten football program. I think Brohm will get it done though. He has everything he needs and is going to be getting a 150 mil stadium addition to go with everything else in a couple years. The new AD is tired of seeing Purdue football as a quality D20 football program and has/is dumping money into the program. It's very refreshing to see as a fan. Like you said, it takes time to completely turn over a horrible roster into a quality big ten team.

Brohm was blessed to flip rondale from Texas though because rondale sped up the rebuild imo. Rondale showed Purdue can be a good place to go and helped Purdue land some highly rated players. I have said it before and I'll say it again, I think Frost vs Brohm is going to be a lot of fun in a few years.

I think we are probably a year away from being viewed as a contender at minimum. The best thing Brohm can do is keep stacking top 30 recruiting classes and get a high level offense, which I think they are getting close to. Last year was the youth movement, and it showed how young Purdue was in the way they played I think. They had a streak of 19 straight TD's scored by freshman last year, which is crazy to even imagine on a big ten football program. I think Brohm will get it done though. He has everything he needs and is going to be getting a 150 mil stadium addition to go with everything else in a couple years. The new AD is tired of seeing Purdue football as a quality D20 football program and has/is dumping money into the program. It's very refreshing to see as a fan. Like you said, it takes time to completely turn over a horrible roster into a quality big ten team.

Brohm was blessed to flip rondale from Texas though because rondale sped up the rebuild imo. Rondale showed Purdue can be a good place to go and helped Purdue land some highly rated players. I have said it before and I'll say it again, I think Frost vs Brohm is going to be a lot of fun in a few years.

we will see. I don’t know about being a year away though. I’ll gladly wait and see how Purdue does this year before I even guess that. Being a very pass heavy team has never worked out for anyone, anywhere in college football. Texas Tech and teams like that, have always had WRs with high stat numbers but that never translated to a dominant team.

Last year Purdue had 510 pass attempts to 271 rushing attempts between your top 3 RBs for a grand total of 880 yards rushing. That’s 3.89 yards per rushing attempt. That’s not a good thing, ever.

Reactions: bshirt73
we will see. I don’t know about being a year away though. I’ll gladly wait and see how Purdue does this year before I even guess that. Being a very pass heavy team has never worked out for anyone, anywhere in college football. Texas Tech and teams like that, have always had WRs with high stat numbers but that never translated to a dominant team.

Last year Purdue had 510 pass attempts to 271 rushing attempts between your top 3 RBs for a grand total of 880 yards rushing. That’s 3.89 yards per rushing attempt. That’s not a good thing, ever.
Last year was pass heavy out of necessity. The oline was playing 3-4 freshman/sophmores, constant rotation due to injuries, and purdues #1 and #2 RB's got hurt in camp leaving a true freshman RB and a walk-on. Also played 1st, 2nd, and 4th string QB major at least 3 games a piece. As the offense gets older and stabalizes a bit, I'd expect that to even out.

All things considered, Purdue was still the 7th most efficient pass offense in the big ten. Not bad for a team that could only pass.

What is Nebraska D gonna look like?

Last year was pass heavy out of necessity. The oline was playing 3-4 freshman/sophmores, constant rotation due to injuries, and purdues #1 and #2 RB's got hurt in camp leaving a true freshman RB and a walk-on. Also played 1st, 2nd, and 4th string QB major at least 3 games a piece. As the offense gets older and stabalizes a bit, I'd expect that to even out.

All things considered, Purdue was still the 7th most efficient pass offense in the big ten. Not bad for a team that could only pass.

What is Nebraska D gonna look like?

BIG 10s 7th ranked pass efficiency isn’t much to brag about my man. Huskers secondary is pretty loaded. Bootle is a top 3 in the country in forced incompletions, Cam Taylor-Britt is a play maker at the other CB spot with some experience and talent at the other CBs spots behind them in B Clark, Q. Newsome and former Top 100 and Top ranked high 4 star JUCO CB Nadab Joseph. Then our safeties return M Dismuke and D Williams with some stud, young back ups in Miles Farmer and Noa Pola-Gates. Huskers will be ready for Bell and Wright...;)

Last edited:
BIG 10s 7th ranked pass efficiency isn’t much to brag about my man. Huskers secondary is pretty loaded. Bootle is a top 3 in the country in forced incompletions, Cam Taylor-Britt is a play maker at the other CB spot with some experience and talent at the other CBs spots behind them in B Clark, W Newsome and former Top 100 and Top ranked high 4 star JUCO CB Nadab Joseph. Then our safeties return M Dismuke and D Williams with some stud, young back ups in Miles Farmer and Noa Pola-Gates. Huskers will be ready for Bell and Wright...;)
Haha I'll be curious if it is wright or Anderson that takes the #2 WR spot. I'm not bragging about 7th, but I don't think it's horrible for a freshman team offense that can't run the ball.

Does Nebraska have anyone to fill the shoes of the Dline? They lost most of them didn't they?

Haha I'll be curious if it is wright or Anderson that takes the #2 WR spot. I'm not bragging about 7th, but I don't think it's horrible for a freshman team offense that can't run the ball.

Does Nebraska have anyone to fill the shoes of the Dline? They lost most of them didn't they?

Yes, with Ben Stille, Damion Daniels, Ty Robinson (former Top 100 DE and Army All American), J Riley, D. Thomas (former Top 250 4 star DE/DT), Keem Green and Tate Wildeman (former 4 star DE)....Husker have experience and young talent coming in at DLine.

It’s at LB (OLB more then ILB) that has the real question marks. Can the OLB spot get things going with J Domann, Caleb Tannor, G Nelson and others under Mike Dawson? ILB should be fine with seniors C Miller and W Honas. Then they have young talented players behind them in Reimers, Nick Henrichs (former Top 100 4 star LB), Mauga (4 star JUCO LB) and KeShawn Greene (former Top 100 LB and Army All American).

Last edited:
Yes, with Ben Stille, Damion Daniels, Ty Robinson (former Top 100 DE and Army All American), J Riley, D. Thomas (former Top 250 4 star DE/DT), Keem Green and Tate Wildeman (former 4 star DE)....Husker have experience and young talent coming in at DLine.

It’s at LB (OLB more then ILB) that has the real question marks. Can the OLB spot get things going with J Domann, Caleb Tannor, G Nelson and others under Mike Dawson? ILB should be fine with seniors C Miller and W Honas. Then they have young talented players behind them in Reimers, Nick Henrichs (former Top 100 4 star LB), Mauga (4 star JUCO LB) and KeShawn Greene (former Top 100 LB and Army All American).
Sounds like Purdue tbh. Dline and secondary should be good. Sounds like your secondary should be better than Dline whereas I'd say it's the opposite for Purdue. Wish Yanni Karlaftis would commit and could start this year.... The one ILB position is a huge question. They have a juco coming in to play the rush LB/DE. Hopefully he can be good there. LB depth is a huge, huge question mark. All underclassman that redshirted last year.

Sounds like Purdue tbh. Dline and secondary should be good. Sounds like your secondary should be better than Dline whereas I'd say it's the opposite for Purdue. Wish Yanni Karlaftis would commit and could start this year.... The one ILB position is a huge question. They have a juco coming in to play the rush LB/DE. Hopefully he can be good there. LB depth is a huge, huge question mark. All underclassman that redshirted last year.

Ty Robinson for us has the talent and potential to be like your guys Dlineman George Karlaftis. He’s listed as 6’6 310-315 pounds and dudes pretty much solid muscle. I definitely see why USC, Oregon, Bama, Florida, Georgia and all the big boy schools wanted him so badly.

Reactions: scarletred
Ty Robinson for us has the talent and potential to be like your guys Dlineman George Karlaftis. He’s listed as 6’6 310-315 pounds and dudes pretty much solid muscle. I definitely see why USC, Oregon, Bama, Florida, Georgia and all the big boy schools wanted him so badly.
Dang! George was an absolute stud. DL was a place I didn't see Brohm recruiting as well as he has. Credit to Holt I guess. About the only spot he could recruit on defense with consistency.

ADVERTISEMENT