ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue Friend past me this information today...

I can’t blame him. Would have liked to have seen him play for Purdue one more season..

Especially when Purdue now plays Ioway :rolleyes:in the second week.

I would if McCaffery is still there. This season if it happens is one big exhibition season so whatever the kids feel is in their best interests should be supported

Reactions: 9and4
Well now two of our opponents (Penn State and Purdue) have both lost star players. Both very significant events.

Reactions: WHCSC and huntered
Have to say, and I sincerely hope it doesn't hurt any Boiler feelings, but that really makes the Purdue game much more winnable.
It doesn't hurt my feeling, but while losing rondale takes a star player from Purdue, it isn't going to hurt as much as some think. Purdues WR room is loaded with talent. Next man up. I can think of 4 guys off the top of my head that mean more to purdues success next year than Rondale.

Personally I don't understand what opting out entails? Are they sitting out all games, practices and team activities? Are they using facilities like weight room? Who will throw to them? Where do they train? If they opt out and use team facilities are they subject to rules of the team in regard to covid guidelines? Can you test them for covid if needed, if they are interacting with team through facilities and what not?

I am not sure I understand the thinking about high profile draft candidates sitting out? If your concerned for your health it shouldn't really matter if your a 1st round pick or not. Are we just hearing about the high profile ones and not about the others? What am I missing here?

It doesn't hurt my feeling, but while losing rondale takes a star player from Purdue, it isn't going to hurt as much as some think. Purdues WR room is loaded with talent. Next man up. I can think of 4 guys off the top of my head that mean more to purdues success next year than Rondale.
Lol. This guy won multiple games for you by covering up multiple bad positions for you. You may have talent but this is going to sting bad for Purdue.

Lol. This guy won multiple games for you by covering up multiple bad positions for you. You may have talent but this is going to sting bad for Purdue.
It stings, but it stings much less now than the last two years. There are much more important players Purdue could lose. It doesn't sting as bad because Purdue has so much talent at WR.

Please don't confuse me saying this with Purdue will replace the best WR in the big ten. Without rondale, Purdue still has the best WR in the big ten.

Personally I don't understand what opting out entails? Are they sitting out all games, practices and team activities? Are they using facilities like weight room? Who will throw to them? Where do they train? If they opt out and use team facilities are they subject to rules of the team in regard to covid guidelines? Can you test them for covid if needed, if they are interacting with team through facilities and what not?

I am not sure I understand the thinking about high profile draft candidates sitting out? If your concerned for your health it shouldn't really matter if your a 1st round pick or not. Are we just hearing about the high profile ones and not about the others? What am I missing here?
Rondale will probably workout at a private facility away from the team. That's what he did for most of covid. I can't speak for others.

Ah. Thank you for that info. That makes sense.

Not sure I see the logic of a guy sitting out because he's a high draft pick candidate but I respect any individuals choice in regards to their own health.

Rondale will probably workout at a private facility away from the team. That's what he did for most of covid. I can't speak for others.
If so I wish him well, he was hurt most of last season, with his talent get completely healthy and go pro

Ahhhh, you don't see this one often but I love it. The old "We just lost our best player, probably the best player we have had in the last 10 years...but we will actually be BETTER without him, because the dudes that were sitting while he played are actually better"

T
It stings, but it stings much less now than the last two years. There are much more important players Purdue could lose. It doesn't sting as bad because Purdue has so much talent at WR.

Please don't confuse me saying this with Purdue will replace the best WR in the big ten. Without rondale, Purdue still has the best WR in the big ten.
Then people should be picking Purdue high because that cat was GOOD. Projected top half of first round from what I have read.

Reactions: leodisflowers
If so I wish him well, he was hurt most of last season, with his talent get completely healthy and go pro
Ya. I understand completely. Projected first round pick. They said he can sign with an agent tomorrow and probably make 5k + a year. And he's healthy. Why risk it. What does he have to prove that he can't prove at the combine. Where it sucks the most is any college football fan who likes to watch one of the greatest players the big ten has seen. Sure would have been fun to watch one more year.

Ahhhh, you don't see this one often but I love it. The old "We just lost our best player, probably the best player we have had in the last 10 years...but we will actually be BETTER without him, because the dudes that were sitting while he played are actually better"
Yup. Didn't say that. Purdue did have a pretty good passing attack without him last year though. Infact, most of the offense will be back this year and next. Gonna be some good Purdue vs Nebraska games in the future as both teams build up.

Nothing, but you know you are gonna get clowned a bit when you come to another teams site and try to convince them that having your teams best player leave isn't a big deal.

Basically I was just telling you to get your shine box.
I like to know about the other big ten teams. Honestly just like discussing football, now more than ever because we need sports. I try to be pretty honest about all teams as well, including Purdue. I'll have a little homerism with them naturally though.

As said before, rondale is a big loss, but at the same time, Purdue has some talented guys to fill some of the void he will leave. As in, I don't think the Purdue offense will miss a beat. I think we will have some fun games in future years between Purdue and Nebraska with the way their programs are trending.

Wish we were playing them Sept 5 instead of Rutgers. That day will turn into a bye week

ADVERTISEMENT