ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue fan commentary

bonefish1

Oct 4, 2004
I come in peace, (not really, let me have it if you like).
I see a lot of confidence in a 20 pt UN win tomorrow, and probably rightfully so. Purdue has looked like dog crap against the only 2 teams with a pulse they've faced.
This 1-2 start is perplexing to the P fan base (and to the coaches as well) as Purdue upgraded several positions with NIL/transfers in the off season, dipping heavily into SEC territory. Got 4 transfers from UGA for example, with at least 3 who were slated to start. Unfortunately, these guys are struck with the injury bug so haven't see much from them. The rest of the D looks the part coming off the bus with size and speed. But, we do struggle with outside contain which is why we constantly get torched by the read option and a QB who can run. We also run a weird D backfield where our AA free safety lines up 20+ yards off the ball, meaning your playing 10 on 11 if the teams wants to run. Our HC Walters is a former DC who likes to play man with the DBs.

Our offense is even more head scratching but many think that's more due to the OC and scheme than personnel. Our QB Card, is a transfer from Texas where he started a number of games and was the No1 or 2 ranked QB transfer 2 years ago. He's shown flashes, but again, the scheme and play calling is hurting him. He should basically check out of everything at the line and run what he wants.

This could be a game where Purdue puts it together and the P fan base asks "where the hell has this team been". However, it could also be a 40-10 game and have Purdue fans wondering out loud who the next HC will be.

I'm going to go ahead and make the call that Purdue gets their heads out of their collective asses and starts making some plays that they haven't been making.
Boilers: 27
Cornrows:24

Reactions: SickOfPractice
I see a lot of confidence in a 20 pt UN win tomorrow, and probably rightfully so. Purdue has looked like dog crap against the only 2 teams with a pulse they've faced.
This 1-2 start is perplexing to the P fan base (and to the coaches as well) as Purdue upgraded several positions with NIL/transfers in the off season, dipping heavily into SEC territory. Got 4 transfers from UGA for example, with at least 3 who were slated to start. Unfortunately, these guys are struck with the injury bug so haven't see much from them. The rest of the D looks the part coming off the bus with size and speed. But, we do struggle with outside contain which is why we constantly get torched by the read option and a QB who can run. We also run a weird D backfield where our AA free safety lines up 20+ yards off the ball, meaning your playing 10 on 11 if the teams wants to run. Our HC Walters is a former DC who likes to play man with the DBs.

Our offense is even more head scratching but many think that's more due to the OC and scheme than personnel. Our QB Card, is a transfer from Texas where he started a number of games and was the No1 or 2 ranked QB transfer 2 years ago. He's shown flashes, but again, the scheme and play calling is hurting him. He should basically check out of everything at the line and run what he wants.

This could be a game where Purdue puts it together and the P fan base asks "where the hell has this team been". However, it could also be a 40-10 game and have Purdue fans wondering out loud who the next HC will be.

I'm going to go ahead and make the call that Purdue gets their heads out of their collective asses and starts making some plays that they haven't been making.
Tongue Goat GIF

If you want to have actual discussion don’t be a D-bag and call us the “cornrows”.

Appreciate all your thoughts, Boiler. I'm on a tight schedule so no time to expand on my thoughts but you sound similar to us in that I'm not sure what team of ours shows up on Saturday. Hopefully not the mess we saw in overtime last Saturday, because if we underperform like that for much of the game you guys are gonna whomp all over us.

Nebraska - 28
Purdue - 13

The last 15 years or so have proven one thing about NU. We can find just about any way possible to lose a game, even the ones that on paper we have no business losing.

I think we have the right coach and the right young players. With that said there is still a lot of fragile psychies on this team. A tight game or a few bad mistakes can sink the Husker ship very quickly.

I have to go with the Huskers but would not be shocked if its close.

NU 28
PU 17

If Nebraska can keep Raiola clean and allow him to test the Purdue secondary, then I think Nebraska wins easy. If they can’t, could be interesting, as long as Harrell will establish the run.

Appreciate all your thoughts, Boiler. I'm on a tight schedule so no time to expand on my thoughts but you sound similar to us in that I'm not sure what team of ours shows up on Saturday. Hopefully not the mess we saw in overtime last Saturday, because if we underperform like that for much of the game you guys are gonna whomp all over us.

Nebraska - 28
Purdue - 13
I'm not confident of us whomping anyone at this point unless you have like, 5 turnovers. I'd be happy with a 3-2 win.

If Nebraska can keep Raiola clean and allow him to test the Purdue secondary, then I think Nebraska wins easy. If they can’t, could be interesting, as long as Harrell will establish the run.
Nebraska has ran almost 100 plays more than the Boilers..
I expect NU will run more plays tomorrow too.

The last 15 years or so have proven one thing about NU. We can find just about any way possible to lose a game, even the ones that on paper we have no business losing.

I think we have the right coach and the right young players. With that said there is still a lot of fragile psychies on this team. A tight game or a few bad mistakes can sink the Husker ship very quickly.

I have to go with the Huskers but would not be shocked if its close.

NU 28
PU 17
Isn't your Qb a true frosh? Has he played on the road yet?
Despite the P team not giving the fans much to get excited about, they still show up. The P fans would love to see what P does if they could get a lead in a game instead constantly digging out of a hole. Would be interesting to see how your QB responds playing from behind in a hostile environment.

• Haha
Reactions: SomedayHusker
Nebraska has ran almost 100 plays more than the Boilers..
I expect NU will run more plays tomorrow too.
I'd like to see P change up the D and load the box a little more to force Raiola to throw. We need to move our FS (probably our best defender) to 8 yards off the ball instead of 25 so he can support the run and help contain the edge. We have solid DBs and rush ends and one of our highly anticipated UGA transfers is finally healthy and will start at DB. I expect Walters to put the DBs in a lot of man, keep Raiola in the pocket or at least contain him from breaking contain, and make him have to throw.

I'd like to see P change up the D and load the box a little more to force Raiola to throw. We need to move our FS (probably our best defender) to 8 yards off the ball instead of 25 so he can support the run and help contain the edge. We have solid DBs and rush ends and one of our highly anticipated UGA transfers is finally healthy and will start at DB. I expect Walters to put the DBs in a lot of man, keep Raiola in the pocket or at least contain him from breaking contain, and make him have to throw.
Stick your cornrows where the sun doesn’t shine.

Despite the P team not giving the fans much to get excited about, they still show up. The P fans would love to see what P does if they could get a lead in a game instead constantly digging out of a hole. Would be interesting to see how your QB responds playing from behind in a hostile environment.
He is and im not sure if Purdue equates to hostile environment. He has played games with B1G Ten Refs and that can be pretty hostile in itself.

Im confident he will be fine. He's a fierce competitor. I'm honestly more worried about our OL and Jekyll/Hyde defense.

Reactions: leodisflowers
I think playing at home has been more hostile for our QB.

• Haha
Reactions: bonefish1

If the game is this close it will be because of NU playing poorly or stupidly or both. I Iived in Indiana for over 20 years and watch both IU and PU closely. With all due respect, Purdue is terrible this year

If the game is this close it will be because of NU playing poorly or stupidly or both. I Iived in Indiana for over 20 years and watch both IU and PU closely. With all due respect, Purdue is terrible this year
I'm not disagreeing on Purdue this year. It's been very perplexing for the fan base because we were led to believe that this team was bigger, stronger, faster and had made transfer upgrades at several positions. But, we also lost some key players to Tex A&M and Oklahoma for NIL.
Like I said, we're all kind of waiting for the "where the hell have these guys been?!" moment.
By the way, iu sucks......

Fu!k PU and your big ass base drum

I think most here will agree that 10 points is a lot to cover in a true frosh's first start on the road

time will tell if we actually play physical football or 60 more mins of patty cake

Lol. Maybe you can understand time of position better. Purdue is 126th out of 133 FBS schools.
Sure. I know what it is. Not sure how it applies to my original post saying “If Nebraska can keep Raiola clean and allow him to test the Purdue secondary, then I think Nebraska wins easy. If they can’t, could be interesting, as long as Harrell will establish the run.”

If I was a fan of a team as bad as Purdue, I would just keep my mouth shut. But there are nut jobs in all fan bases.
Just for laughs, the teams are 5-5 head to head over the last 10.
Overall records over the last 10 years:
Purdue 45-63
UN: 43-63

Those in glass houses.......

Reactions: cavalot
I don't know, the Final Four banner blocked my view.
that happened more than a month later

but the answer is probably zero, which aligns with how much we think about purdue

I don't mind this thread, however

more fans should do this, but it doesn't seem to align with the B1G's preferred "everything should be as boring and lame as possible" line of thinking

that happened more than a month later

but the answer is probably zero, which aligns with how much we think about purdue

I don't mind this thread, however

more fans should do this, but it doesn't seem to align with the B1G's preferred "everything should be as boring and lame as possible" line of thinking
Trust me, this is the most I've thought about Nebraska in...? Never mind, I don't ever think about Nebraska. I was just bored and thought I'd come trigger some snowflakes.

how many Nebraska fans were on the purdue board after we took down that grotesque mutant and your #1 hoops team this past season?
UConn took them down in the national championship, not Nebraska. Everything before the NCAA didn’t matter.

I assume grotesque mutant is a reference to Edey, 2 time national player of the year and top 10 draft pick and current NBA rookie of the year favorite?

Just for laughs, the teams are 5-5 head to head over the last 10.
Overall records over the last 10 years:
Purdue 45-63
UN: 43-63

Those in glass houses.......
Yeah....We still have a portion of the fan base that believes that we are still a powerhouse. I think we have better odds, getting back to/being a powerhouse then Purdue...A lot better odds. But with that said. Purdue/Nebraska on the field ='s no difference!

Trust me, this is the most I've thought about Nebraska in...? Never mind, I don't ever think about Nebraska. I was just bored and thought I'd come trigger some snowflakes.
I, too, would be bored to tears if I lived anywhere near that godforsaken shithole your school is located in

remember this:

I know that money talks and it's always about the money, but from what Brohm says, he's not going anywhere. He's likes West Lafayette, his family and kids love their schools, etc.

classic

Force Raiola to throw? Seriously?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT