ADVERTISEMENT

Pruitt done at Tennessee?

v1nufan

Redshirt Freshman
Aug 15, 2018
I believe he was hired in same cycle as HCSF but UT now under investigation for recruiting infractions. Overall record at 16-19. Multiple players leaving program to either enter NFL draft or transfer portal.
Good ol Rocky Top !!

We share a lot of similarities with regard to fans support and the history of shared greatness. The main difference is that they are closer to great talent than we are. The problem for them is that Alabama is able to cherry pick all of the top talent in the south whereas Tennessee used to recruit much better. Lose that old magic and it's hard to get back

We share a lot of similarities with regard to fans support and the history of shared greatness. The main difference is that they are closer to great talent than we are. The problem for them is that Alabama is able to cherry pick all of the top talent in the south whereas Tennessee used to recruit much better. Lose that old magic and it's hard to get back
I mostly agree, but Tennessee has been in a downward spiral since before the rise of Alabama under Saban. They have essentially done nothing special since winning the NC in 1998 - - very similar time-frame to our own slow descent into crapdom. Despite their proximity to talent, they have never been a dynastic type program. They wallowed in mediocrity for years when Johnny Major was their coach - - winning more than losing but never winning anything of great significance. They had a great run in the mid to late nineties and had some glory in the distant past, but they have rarely been an "elite" team.

I mostly agree, but Tennessee has been in a downward spiral since before the rise of Alabama under Saban. They have essentially done nothing special since winning the NC in 1998 - - very similar time-frame to our own slow descent into crapdom. Despite their proximity to talent, they have never been a dynastic type program. They wallowed in mediocrity for years when Johnny Major was their coach - - winning more than losing but never winning anything of great significance. They had a great run in the mid to late nineties and had some glory in the distant past, but they have rarely been an "elite" team.
My memory may betray me, but I always viewed them as a solidly top 10 team and the cream of the crop in the SEC, right along with Florida for many years. I figured they'd be able to at least be in the upper half of the SEC with the amount of resources and support they have. Not so.

Reactions: litespeedhuskerfan
It would be interesting to see who they would replace him with. I would bet that many Tennessee fans would want Hugh Freeze.

How bad do you have to cheat in the $EC to get put under investigation? Even photos of recruits flashing wads of cash haven't been enough in the past. And who ratted them out? It must be bad for all this to be going down. Now lets see if they go after any of the other big boys down there.
they violated SEC recruiting rules by NOT paying players.

Yep. Have friends that are Tennessee fans and they’ve said the same thing for 10+ years. They are waiting for Saban to move on.

Really a sad commentary when your best hope of getting better is to have the other team's head coach move on. Interesting then if you finally have "that coach" only to have them move on to take over for Saban or whoever is leaving. Poetic justice. Just. Get. Better.

It’s funny how the NCAA only investigates bad teams. Bama players all get a new car, post pics of cash on recruiting visits, and two assistant coaches caught paying players and players families...crickets from the NCAA.

Well, Bama has gotten into a lot of trouble before, so it has happened.

But I do agree with you, it seems like there is more than enough smoke to look into Bama again.

Really a sad commentary when your best hope of getting better is to have the other team's head coach move on. Interesting then if you finally have "that coach" only to have them move on to take over for Saban or whoever is leaving. Poetic justice. Just. Get. Better.

Pretty much where the rest of college football is too

Wasn’t it Tennessee that got Bama in trouble years ago? Maybe Alabama just returned the favor

My memory may betray me, but I always viewed them as a solidly top 10 team and the cream of the crop in the SEC, right along with Florida for many years. I figured they'd be able to at least be in the upper half of the SEC with the amount of resources and support they have. Not so.

For the most part Tennessee is considered one of the blue bloods in college football history..

10th in all- time wins and 10th in winning percentage..

Like us they have fallen on hard times the past 22 years with a winning percentage of 0.606, during the same time frame Nebraska is 0.636...

Reactions: John_J_Rambo
Well, Bama has gotten into a lot of trouble before, so it has happened.

But I do agree with you, it seems like there is more than enough smoke to look into Bama again.
Kansas Basketball. Literally mocked their allegations by having Snoop Dogg perform with stripper poles and money.

Reactions: dinglefritz

Butch Jones had one super elite team in 2015 but vastly underachieved.

Josh Dobbs, Jalen Hurd, Alvin Kamara, Derek Barnett

Reactions: Pennsyhusker
It helped a great deal to have Peyton Manning back then.

Everyone cheats in the $EC but I think we all knew something was up when they brought in like 17 4/5* kids within a week.

It’s funny how the NCAA only investigates bad teams. Bama players all get a new car, post pics of cash on recruiting visits, and two assistant coaches caught paying players and players families...crickets from the NCAA.
Like auburn AND USC at the time.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT