Proven mask ineffectiveness

damcde

Graduate Assistant
Gold Member
Oct 22, 2007
bullshit
Go read Fauci's own emails........

I'll explain it one last time to you.....

Imagine you had an oil filter that only filtered down to 3 microns but the particles DESTROYING your engine was 1 micron........... IS THAT OIL FILTER STOPPING THE DESTRUCTION of your engine?

It's 25x smaller than what's needed........ If you still can't see that, your too stupid to have a conversation with
Except that once again, there have been numerous studies showing that masks can filter dropets the size that viral particles are expected to be (1-10 microns). Maybe spend 5 minutes at looking at the papers cited in the PNAS review. They reference several that show the same thing.

As for Fauci’s emails, it has literally been discussed here hundreds of times. So let’s make it easy. Early in the pandemic, the virus was thought to be like the original sars, where most people who got it were symptomatic. So there was no logical reason to think that people would need to wear masks in public especially when we had a shortage already. Then Mid-March it became clear that many people had very mild symptoms or no symptoms, and that most people start shedding the virus before symptom onset. At that point the opinion on masks quickly reversed.

I get that it is a hard concept for you to get, that things can change based on evidence.

damcde

Graduate Assistant
Gold Member
Oct 22, 2007
No, I would rather go with what works, but nobody wants to follow them. There's a reason all these Western countries are getting authoritarian. They're all running the same plays and pushing the same BS.

Jesus how does making you wear masks make a country authoritarian. Next thing you know they are gonna make you wear clothes in public.

As for Sweden, they have done way worse in terms of deaths compared to their neighbors. So using them as your example really makes no sense.

dee_s3

Recruiting Coordinator
Gold Member
Apr 11, 2008
Jesus how does making you wear masks make a country authoritarian. Next thing you know they are gonna make you wear clothes in public.

As for Sweden, they have done way worse in terms of deaths compared to their neighbors. So using them as your example really makes no sense.
What makes it authoritarian? Have you not been paying attention to what Canada and Australia have been enforcing? Are you oblivious to the hundreds of thousands of people protesting against lockdowns and passports? New Zealand goes into lockdowns and you're not allowed to go outside and will be arrested, but Chris Thor guy was allowed to go to the beach. Same with NY and their hypocrisy. Elites, entertainment, and politicians don't have to show covid passports, but the normies do. People are waking up.

IowaHuskerFan3

Offensive Coordinator
Gold Member
Jun 7, 2007
I asked what the Ro value was for masks vs no masks. That's all I need to figure out the 'masks works' issue. If the delta variant is 1:8 and with masks its still 1:8.. I'm with people that makes don't work. If its 1:6 or 1:3.. masks reduce the spread. Simple as that.

Biden could push a vaccine that is 100% .. we'd have people say its not good enough and not doing it. As far as im concerned Joe needs to move on and let them die.
Just like in Afghanistan right

damcde

Graduate Assistant
Gold Member
Oct 22, 2007
What makes it authoritarian? Have you not been paying attention to what Canada and Australia have been enforcing? Are you oblivious to the hundreds of thousands of people protesting against lockdowns and passports? New Zealand goes into lockdowns and you're not allowed to go outside and will be arrested, but Chris Thor guy was allowed to go to the beach. Same with NY and their hypocrisy. Elites, entertainment, and politicians don't have to show covid passports, but the normies do. People are waking up.

I don’t disagree that there is a huge gap in power and money in the country and throughout the world, and you have those who don’t feel like they have to follow the rules.
But once again, what does this have to do with the science behind masks?

You tried to use Sweden as your example even though they have done considerably worse at controlling COVID compared to their neighbors. And then quickly moved to this authoritarian crap.

dee_s3

Recruiting Coordinator
Gold Member
Apr 11, 2008
I don’t disagree that there is a huge gap in power and money in the country and throughout the world, and you have those who don’t feel like they have to follow the rules.
But once again, what does this have to do with the science behind masks?

You tried to use Sweden as your example even though they have done considerably worse at controlling COVID compared to their neighbors. And then quickly moved to this authoritarian crap.
I posted this earlier^^^^^^^

jbskers

Nebraska Legend
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
Except that once again, there have been numerous studies showing that masks can filter dropets the size that viral particles are expected to be (1-10 microns). Maybe spend 5 minutes at looking at the papers cited in the PNAS review. They reference several that show the same thing.

As for Fauci’s emails, it has literally been discussed here hundreds of times. So let’s make it easy. Early in the pandemic, the virus was thought to be like the original sars, where most people who got it were symptomatic. So there was no logical reason to think that people would need to wear masks in public especially when we had a shortage already. Then Mid-March it became clear that many people had very mild symptoms or no symptoms, and that most people start shedding the virus before symptom onset. At that point the opinion on masks quickly reversed.

I get that it is a hard concept for you to get, that things can change based on evidence.
NONE are peer reviewed

You really are an idiot

iruletheskool

Offensive Coordinator
Sep 5, 2010

My question now is how long do we wear them if it isn't going away

~tia

damcde

Graduate Assistant
Gold Member
Oct 22, 2007
I posted this earlier^^^^^^^

Except that they did see a difference, a 21 percent reduction. They also saw a 40 percent reduction in incidence for teachers, which is ignored in your article.

dee_s3

Recruiting Coordinator
Gold Member
Apr 11, 2008
Except that they did see a difference, a 21 percent reduction. They also saw a 40 percent reduction in incidence for teachers, which is ignored in your article.

"The 21% lower incidence in schools that required mask use among students was not statistically significant compared with schools where mask use was optional,”

As New York magazine noted, many European nations have exempted students from mask mandates—including the UK, all of Scandinavia, the Netherlands, Switzerland, and even France and Italy—though with varying age cutoffs. The results have not been dire.

For this reason or some other, the CDC determined to not include its finding that “required mask use among students was not statistically significant compared with schools where mask use was optional” in the summary of its report, which has received very little media attention to date

In particular, the CDC’s findings are not helpful to politicians and bureaucrats who continue to argue that students must be masked during school.

Says a lot about the cdc and how other countries and WHO are really against it.

damcde

Graduate Assistant
Gold Member
Oct 22, 2007
My question now is how long do we wear them if it isn't going away

~tia

Personally, i think thait will be when hospitals accrues the country aren’t filling up. We could be done with this now, but we have a bunch of people who are so hell bent on getting “natural immunity” and now are filling up hospitals.

We are going to reach a point prolly this fall where everyone is either vaccinated or got the virus. At that point I expect that hospitalizations will go down significantly and things will be back to “normal”.

Like you said, this likely isn’t going to go away. And there always will be some people who get it and end up in the hospital. Particularly those who are immunocompromised. Just like we see with other respiratory viruses. However, we shouldn’t be seeing hospitals fill up in August September.

Reactions: iruletheskool

damcde

Graduate Assistant
Gold Member
Oct 22, 2007
"The 21% lower incidence in schools that required mask use among students was not statistically significant compared with schools where mask use was optional,”

As New York magazine noted, many European nations have exempted students from mask mandates—including the UK, all of Scandinavia, the Netherlands, Switzerland, and even France and Italy—though with varying age cutoffs. The results have not been dire.

For this reason or some other, the CDC determined to not include its finding that “required mask use among students was not statistically significant compared with schools where mask use was optional” in the summary of its report, which has received very little media attention to date

In particular, the CDC’s findings are not helpful to politicians and bureaucrats who continue to argue that students must be masked during school.

Says a lot about the cdc and how other countries and WHO are really against it.

I can read the article you posted just fine. I pointed out why I disagreed, including data from said paper they article is talking about.

Why are you not able to actually make an argument outside of the article you are reading.

As for the CDC comment, you can look all over for different strategies by different countries have done, and find things that worked and didn’t work. Personally I was a fan of England’s strategy last year, basically testing everyone a couple times a week. But the problem with that is people being quarantined all the time.

lolwat

Recruiting Coordinator
Gold Member
Sep 8, 2016
Personally, i think thait will be when hospitals accrues the country aren’t filling up. We could be done with this now, but we have a bunch of people who are so hell bent on getting “natural immunity” and now are filling up hospitals.

We are going to reach a point prolly this fall where everyone is either vaccinated or got the virus. At that point I expect that hospitalizations will go down significantly and things will be back to “normal”.

Like you said, this likely isn’t going to go away. And there always will be some people who get it and end up in the hospital. Particularly those who are immunocompromised. Just like we see with other respiratory viruses. However, we shouldn’t be seeing hospitals fill up in August September.

I think I would add that.. once we figure out various treatments beyond some anti-body cocktail and horse fleas... we'll be able to treat at home too.

dee_s3

Recruiting Coordinator
Gold Member
Apr 11, 2008
I can read the article you posted just fine. I pointed out why I disagreed, including data from said paper they article is talking about.

Why are you not able to actually make an argument outside of the article you are reading.

As for the CDC comment, you can look all over for different strategies by different countries have done, and find things that worked and didn’t work. Personally I was a fan of England’s strategy last year, basically testing everyone a couple times a week. But the problem with that is people being quarantined all the time.
Why do you think your opinion matters so much? Science doesn't back mask. Furthermore, the implications of these mask on kids developing lungs and psychological problems won't be exposed until down the line. Actually, I haven't seen any other countries worry about the kids like the cdc, but when you have school unions running the show.

damcde

Graduate Assistant
Gold Member
Oct 22, 2007
Why do you think your opinion matters so much? Science doesn't back mask. Furthermore, the implications of these mask on kids developing lungs and psychological problems won't be exposed until down the line. Actually, I haven't seen any other countries worry about the kids like the cdc, but when you have school unions running the show.

I don’t think that my opinion matters that much at all.

However, if you are going to make statements that the science doesn’t back masks, you should be able to actually support it. Not move your goalposts to “politicians aren’t following the rules so they don’t work” then to “they are authoritarian and trying to control you with masks”, to now focusing on schools and mask for children who are the most unreliable source of compliance.

The irony of the latter arguement you tried to shift is that I actually agree that for younger kids in schools, masks prolly don’t do anything. They aren’t going to keep on their masks of social distance. But that doesn’t mean that the “science doesn’t support masks”. It just means that in certain situations the effectiveness of the mask is not as effective.

As for harming their lungs or psychological problems, I have not seen anything to support those claims. Especially for the “harming the lungs” side of things. A study in Italy saw no difference in respiratory development. Other studies have shown no physiological impact of masks for kids.

Last edited:

jbskers

Nebraska Legend
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
But they are. What in your mind is a peer reviewed article?
you can't deny the math.........it's the ONLY thing that is 100% certain
why you continue to say masks work when the math says it's 100% certain that is wrong is beyond me

I can skew a test with data. In fact the whole PANDEMIC was skewed with flawed testing cycles....
hard to believe someone can't do basic math

jbskers

Nebraska Legend
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
Lmao, so much stupidity from the trogs. These people think their HS diploma and Facebook research is equal to the scientific consensus! Morons!
coming from the king of wrong side of every single issue............that's simply made my day

Reactions: GBRforLife1

damcde

Graduate Assistant
Gold Member
Oct 22, 2007
you can't deny the math.........it's the ONLY thing that is 100% certain
why you continue to say masks work when the math says it's 100% certain that is wrong is beyond me

I can skew a test with data. In fact the whole PANDEMIC was skewed with flawed testing cycles....
hard to believe someone can't do basic math

So you don’t have an answer?

jbskers

Nebraska Legend
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
So you don’t have an answer?
Let me break it down so you might understand it better

Let's put a paper circle in front of your mouth and nose that's 25x larger than Mike Tyson's fist
I'll say go.........and you can tell Mike to stop when you have had enough convincing that your theory works

jbskers

Nebraska Legend
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
Of course not. They just regurgitated what they see in their YouTube videos and on their Facebook groups! They don't have the mental capabilities to actually understand much of anything!
we know you are way too stupid to do the math..

GBRforLife1

Offensive Coordinator
Feb 18, 2020

Comparing them to their neighbors is literally cherry picking. Show your disingenuous and dishonest agenda.

GBRforLife1

Offensive Coordinator
Feb 18, 2020
Lmao, so much stupidity from the trogs. These people think their HS diploma and Facebook research is equal to the scientific consensus! Morons!
Can you link us to the "scientific consensus" community and their standards?

We'll wait.

jbskers

Nebraska Legend
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
Comparing them to their neighbors is literally cherry picking. Show your disingenuous and dishonest agenda.
I pray that guy isn't in the medical community and in Nebraska. If he is, I want to make sure I don't get someone this stupid if I ever need medical care

damcde

Graduate Assistant
Gold Member
Oct 22, 2007
Let me break it down so you might understand it better

Let's put a paper circle in front of your mouth and nose that's 25x larger than Mike Tyson's fist
I'll say go.........and you can tell Mike to stop when you have had enough convincing that your theory works

You are side stepping a simple question. What in your opinion is a peer reviewed article?

Not to mention that there are numerous papers that show that your examples are wrong. Here are a couple to get your started from journals that require peer review.

https://pubs.acs.org/doi/10.1021/acsnano.0c03252

damcde

Graduate Assistant
Gold Member
Oct 22, 2007

So you are saying that we shouldn’t use counties of similar location and culture for comparison?

jbskers

Nebraska Legend
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
You are side stepping a simple question. What in your opinion is a peer reviewed article?

Not to mention that there are numerous papers that show that your examples are wrong. Here are a couple to get your started from journals that require peer review.

https://pubs.acs.org/doi/10.1021/acsnano.0c03252

you listened to govt agencies that told you smoking , silicon breast implants and numerous other things like DDT were safe yet you are too stupid to do the 8th grade math to KNOW it's impossible to stop it with a bullshit mask

Why do you think they wear full body suits when dealing with REAL VIRUS's??????????????? I'll await your dumb shit reply. I'm sorry but if you are in the medical profession you should be removed immediately

Reactions: c3o and GBRforLife1

GBRforLife1

Offensive Coordinator
Feb 18, 2020
So you are saying that we shouldn’t use counties of similar location and culture for comparison?
More disingenuous libtard fake news. When are you going to stop?

Everybody knows there are countries that across Europe that did much worse than Sweden.

But don't let that stop you.

Reactions: jbskers

GBRforLife1

Offensive Coordinator
Feb 18, 2020
I pray that guy isn't in the medical community and in Nebraska. If he is, I want to make sure I don't get someone this stupid if I ever need medical care
He "runs a lab" in Texas or something. Allegedly.

jbskers

Nebraska Legend
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
More disingenuous libtard fake news. When you going to stop?

Everybody knows there are countries that across Europe that did much worse than Sweden.

But don't let that stop you.
he acts like some propaganda study is going to change math...........SORRY........not happening
If I designed something in my field with that gross of an error.................OVER 25x off the requirement I would be the laughing stock of the industry..........

GBRforLife1

Offensive Coordinator
Feb 18, 2020
Hey blithering retard when are you going to link us to the scientific consensus?

We don't have all day to be educated. Don't you know it's only "dumb troglodytes" like us tRumpers who are dying?

Solidify your humanitarian bonafides and share the scientific consensus site so that we might finally be saved, by the science. All thanks to you.

Reactions: jbskers

damcde

Graduate Assistant
Gold Member
Oct 22, 2007
you listened to govt agencies that told you smoking , silicon breast implants and numerous other things like DDT were safe yet you are too stupid to do the 8th grade math to KNOW it's impossible to stop it with a bullshit mask

Why do you think they wear full body suits when dealing with REAL VIRUS's??????????????? I'll await your dumb shit reply. I'm sorry but if you are in the medical profession you should be removed immediately

So you can’t tell me what a peer review study is. And aren’t capable of actually ready a scientific study. Otherwise you would have seen that indeed masks can filter droplets the size that viruses are.

I have worked with viruses for 15 years, never have I worn a full body suit. Has to be the dumbest shit on here.

jbskers

Nebraska Legend
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
So you can’t tell me what a peer review study is. And aren’t capable of actually ready a scientific study. Otherwise you would have seen that indeed masks can filter droplets the size that viruses are.

I have worked with viruses for 15 years, never have I worn a full body suit. Has to be the dumbest shit on here.
yo.......dipshit
why do I need a study to tell me what I know MATH does????
You need help
Are you seriously this stupid?