ADVERTISEMENT

Prove me wrong

bigboxes

Nebraska Legend
Sep 4, 2004
Arlington, TX
I think the general consensus of this board wants this. We want Coach Frost to show he can finally do it. He's got his players. He's learned from his mistakes. We all want it.

Same with Amart. Become comfortable in the pocket and go through his progressions. Limit mistakes/turnovers.

If we lose to Illinois, this board will meltdown.

I think the general consensus of this board wants this. We want Coach Frost to show he can finally do it. He's got his players. He's learned from his mistakes. We all want it.

Same with Amart. Become comfortable in the pocket and go through his progressions. Limit mistakes/turnovers.

It wouldn't be just this board that would melt down if we lose to Illinois. That is why I've said that this game is maybe one of the most important games of Frost's tenure. Win this game and you've got a little leash. Lose this game and I think things could spiral out of control. I'm on the record with 8-9 wins this year. I really believe we have the talent to do that but as we saw with Callahan's last year, if the players lose confidence in their coach, stuff happens.

if NU loses, I think they spiral down amd dont recover. I also think the sellout streak ends if they lose. Could well be Frosts last season if he is under 500.
I dont think Moos had the juice to fire him. Trev does.

if NU loses, I think they spiral down amd dont recover. I also think the sellout streak ends if they lose. Could well be Frosts last season if he is under 500.
I dont think Moos had the juice to fire him. Trev does.
You would think that Frost knows he has to win. In each of his first three seasons, he should have won at least 2 more games a season. Any shortcomings should have been dealt with early on. It's totally on Frost for not having a capable backup to put in the game when Amart falters. The idea is to win games. You don't get style points. Participation medals?

Oh the meltdown will not be fun. Let’s hope they get the W.

I’ve been away several months and in that time I’ve stopped drinking the koolaid I sure won’t have a meltdown because it’s expected

Your boxes are not so big. Scott Frost told us he would focus on the fundamentals and the kicking game. He is a man of honor and his word is gold. We need AM to step up though otherwise we need Smothers to be some kind of miracle worker. HH is not ready to go..

We may beat Illinois just because they have lesser talent, not as much depth and a new coach. So yeah, if we lose, it’s probably the beginning of the end for Frost. Also I notice people saying the players (Receivers, Martinez, Special Teams) need to play better. One thing I think needs to be addressed is this the year that Frost finally starts making in game adjustments better? Or do teams continue coming out after halftime and beat us because they make the adjustments? Key question IMO.

I’ve been away several months and in that time I’ve stopped drinking the koolaid I sure won’t have a meltdown because it’s expected
Good to hear from you. I was thinking about you a couple of days ago and thought about posting something to that affect if anyone knew what happened to you

In my opinion it all starts with the snap. If AM is concentrating on where the ball is going to be every snap, then its going to be a long ass season. I truly believe Nebraska has the talent to win 9 games this year.

I think frost is here next year, regardless....and I hope it's wanted by most.
but there will be thoughts about isu's coach, or utah's..or ut's coach after they fire him, if we choke...
frost seems to be building depth in some areas.
I'm not sure why we can't build depth at the qb position....is it kids these days or a lack of trying on our part?

Last edited:
I have a feeling that by dinner time on Sat we are either going to be excited or very disappointed - I don't see much middle ground emerging from Saturday's game. The first game has pretty much set the standard for how the season would go in each year under Frost. With the stakes higher than ever this this year, it seems even more unlikely than ever that they would have the ability or confidence to shake off a disappointing start and finish strong.

It will meltdown, and it should if Nebraska loses this game. Every week will be the next biggest game in his coaching career. Frost needs some win equity this season.

Reactions: bigboxes
If we lose to Illinois, the party is over for Frost. The season will be lost along with any hope of success under him. We will fire him for cause at mid season after we hire some fake investigator to make the NCAA violations seem worse than reality.

I want him to succeed but things are looking bleak for me. Martinez is the “x” factor. If he can start playing like his freshman year again that would be incredible.

Can’t believe that a HC making $5.0MM a year ties all his hopes to a single QB that has underperformed for 2-years. Insanity.

No lies detected.

Holla

Reactions: bigboxes
R E L A X we are going to CRUSH Illinois by 30. We need to beat Iowa and Wisconsin because those 2 games will be the measure of our year.

ADVERTISEMENT