Let’s pay the following teams to come play:

South Dakota State
Western Michigan
Western Illinois
Arkansas State
North Dakota State
Tulsa

then home and away with Iowa

who else could we pay to come play? Imagine 8 home games against beatable opponents....

For fun:

South Dakota State
Western Michigan
Western Illinois
Arkansas State
North Dakota State
Tulsa

who else could we pay to come play? Imagine 8 home games against beatable opponents....
Air Force would be an option in this hypothetical schedule.

Reactions: huskerfan1414
If the goal is to make money and save the AD. Why are we proposing to pay teams to come play us. On top of a testing regime. And potentially limited revenue incoming from fan restrictions and tv payouts and any sort of B1G/NU legal dispute?

We may as well play Omaha North in the parking lot and then burn whatever pile of cash we have for smores.

For fun:

South Dakota State
Western Michigan
Western Illinois
Arkansas State
North Dakota State
Tulsa

For fun:

South Dakota State
Western Michigan
Western Illinois
Arkansas State
North Dakota State
Tulsa

4-4?

Just kidding, kind of.

Last edited:
If the goal is to make money and save the AD. Why are we proposing to pay teams to come play us. On top of a testing regime. And potentially limited revenue incoming from fan restrictions and tv payouts and any sort of B1G/NU legal dispute?

We may as well play Omaha North in the parking lot and then burn whatever pile of cash we have for smores.
The AD is safe and discussing potential opponents isn't about money. It's about killing time because it's only month 9 of the offseason.

The AD is safe and discussing potential opponents isn't about money. It's about killing time because it's only month 9 of the offseason.

I didn't mean Moos specifically, I just meant the athletic department programs as a whole.

Be the"AND 1" for every team in the big 12 and whatever works. Realize it's dreaming especially if osu backed down and capitulated

Reactions: bluenrg and bmguy88
IMO, Nebraska needs to reach out to the Big 12 and express interest in playing this year.

The Big 12 is expected to play a “9+1” schedule this year, meaning 9 conference, round-robin games and 1 non-con game. Nebraska does make sense, from a historical standpoint, to be that “1” game for the majority of the current Big 12 teams.

Lots of questions regarding if Nebraska could legally “leave” the Big 10 for one season, or if the Big 12 would be fine with inviting us. I’m guessing though that there are too many unknowns at this point to make it work this late in the game, but it would be interesting to see if the university truly looks at other alternatives.

Reactions: bluenrg

There would be ppv/tv money to split. Maybe an 80/20 split?

Reactions: jflores
IMO, Nebraska needs to reach out to the Big 12 and express interest in playing this year.

The Big 12 is expected to play a “9+1” schedule this year, meaning 9 conference, round-robin games and 1 non-con game. Nebraska does make sense, from a historical standpoint, to be that “1” game for the majority of the current Big 12 teams.

Lots of questions regarding if Nebraska could legally “leave” the Big 10 for one season, or if the Big 12 would be fine with inviting us. I’m guessing though that there are too many unknowns at this point to make it work this late in the game, but it would be interesting to see if the university truly looks at other alternatives.

The B12's +1 are supposed to be played before September 26. The byes in the schedule are there to help with COVID if a team needs it. At best Nebraska could sneak in 3 games?

https://sports.yahoo.com/amphtml/bi...ents-023133028.html?__twitter_impression=true

Article essentially is Warren saying that if Nebraska wants to play this fall, it’ll be at a permanent new conference.
Does the B1G control non-conference scheduling? I don't believe they do. Maybe the TV rights to some degree. I don't believe that the decision to play only a conference schedule would be enforceable anymore since we're not playing any conference games.

Does the B1G control non-conference scheduling? I don't believe they do. Maybe the TV rights to some degree. I don't believe that the decision to play only a conference schedule would be enforceable anymore since we're not playing any conference games.
Since they shutdown ooc games weeks ago, is that considered the rule of law at that point?

For fun:

South Dakota State
Western Michigan
Western Illinois
Arkansas State
North Dakota State
Tulsa

If these are the types of teams we are going to play in the fall.....I'm 100% trying to play in the spring.

Reactions: AndrewVonLintel
The B12's +1 are supposed to be played before September 26. The byes in the schedule are there to help with COVID if a team needs it. At best Nebraska could sneak in 3 games?

It is disappointing because it certainly would be more fun for Nebraska and Kansas State to play this year but the Big 10 position isn't very welcoming.

It is ridiculous since Nebraska and Kansas have done pretty well with Covid and we are right next door but the damn lawyers and their contracts are getting in the way.

Hopefully the Big 12 can get a conference season in. I am not hopeful about bowl games being played and the College Playoff is also questionable but I will take what I can get.

We clearly are not playing enough directional schools per OP’s suggestion. I propose dropping Tulsa and Arkansas State with Northwest Missouri State and Northern Colorado.
SO LET IT BE WRITTEN, SO LET IT BE DONE!!

There is probably still time to join the Lincoln Youth Football League (formerly Lincoln Midget Football). They would be competitive at the A level, although most of them would probably have to double dot their helmet and play interior line only.

You are correct, the +1’s are slated to be played before the Big 12 starts conference games on the 26th. I’m not sure if the OOC games are coordinated through each school, but no non-conference games were released today with the new schedule. I think I read somewhere that Kansas State has Arkansas St scheduled for week 1, so the possibility that teams could schedule Nebraska has probably all ready set sail.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT