ADVERTISEMENT

"Program of old glory, content with managing big time current day revenue"

Exactly what I was saying. Can't imagine a better fan base to spot mediocrity than the herkies. Not sure they have a clue what to do about it, though.
Look at you people. Comparing yourselves to Iowa to feel better.

Iowa has never been at your level. This is about the decline that you people are accepting.

Your once blue blood is now purple. Soon to be totally red.

I'm a lifelong Husker fan, and I think the statement has a lot of truth. Not sure why so many people are so very offended. He didn't say anything about Oregon being superior. How can all of you deny that Nebraska is nowhere near where it was in the 70's, 80's, and 90's? The only thing that has improved is the amount of revenue we continue to generate, because Husker fans will always be Husker fans, just as Lions fans will always be Lions fans.

Plus, if we are all honest with ourselves, we are nowhere near regaining glory. We barely produce all-conference players, lets alone pro players. We can't take perennially mediocre teams like Iowa for granted anymore. We have embarrassed ourselves on national television too many times. We have a very likable coach who knows how to compete but has never excelled. If you look beyond the recruiting battles, the individual promise of players, the coaching changes, and the myriad other day to day stories, if you take a macro view of the program, we definitely look like we are in cruise control, coasting on past glory.

Last edited:
Hey, I get the thin skin of many Nebraska fans. But YOU are the only people who can make it change and you're not doing your parts.

You have to put pressure on your administration or this terrible mediocrity will truly become the norm.

They're going to extend Mediocre Mike's contract for a second time in a year come December. If I'm not mistaken you are 16-12 in games coached by Mediocre Mike.

Come on people, don't badger (no pun intended) me, look in the mirror. Get this thing corrected before another decade passes.

We had a great Black Friday tradition started and from what I hear your admin stopped it. How long can your fans act like lemmings and tolerate this crap?

GET OUT OF THE POT BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE!!!!!

ADVERTISEMENT