ADVERTISEMENT

Pro Football focus

Red I 73

All-American
Nov 25, 2007
West Des Moines, Iowa
Rates Ben Stille as the eighth best returning interior defender with a 79 PFF grade. He ranked third on pass rushing interior linemen with 81.5 grade.
Jojo Domann ranks forth of returning linebackers. He's had an 86.6 coverage grade the last two years and had a run grade of 73.5 last year up from 56.3 the previous year.

Reactions: dinglefritz
The country. And Stille played roughly 5 snaps per game as an interior D-linemen, based on down and distance.

That's pretty much all we need to know about PFF.
I guess I would consider a 3-4 end an interior defender. Case to be made either way.

I'm not super familiar with what PFF analyzes to come up with their stuff, I just hear people who seem to really enjoy pissing on PFF. Is there a different service that's better?

I guess I would consider a 3-4 end an interior defender. Case to be made either way.

I'm not super familiar with what PFF analyzes to come up with their stuff, I just hear people who seem to really enjoy pissing on PFF. Is there a different service that's better?

If you're lined up on an Offensive Tackle, not sure how you can be considered an interior D-linemen. But Stille is definitely a technician, especially sealing the edge vs. the run.

If you're lined up on an Offensive Tackle, not sure how you can be considered an interior D-linemen. But Stille is definitely a technician, especially sealing the edge vs. the run.
It's gonna depend on the front and the call as to whether a 3-4 end is dealing solely with a tackle. It's not like your NG is responsible for G-C-G on every single play and the OLBs are just running free against nobody.

3-4 DE is neither truly an inside nor an outside player.

Last edited:
It's gonna depend on the front and the call as to whether a 3-4 end is dealing solely with a tackle. It's not like your NG is responsible for G-C-G on every single play and the OLBs are just running free against nobody.

3-4 DE is neither truly an inside nor an outside player.
Not sure how somebody who ‘knows the game of American Football’ can be so completely incorrect as often as clownicator, but here we are once more.

Hang ‘em up, @Cornicator. You’ve completely embarrassed yourself for the umpteenth time!

Not sure how somebody who ‘knows the game of American Football’ can be so completely incorrect as often as clownicator, but here we are once more.

Hang ‘em up, @Cornicator. You’ve completely embarrassed yourself for the umpteenth time!

You think I'm incorrect when the majority of Stille's snaps were played as a DE lining up opposite an Offensive Tackle in which his primary responsibility was outside contain and holding the edge?

The Beav isn't stating anything incorrectly. I'm not stating anything incorrectly. My point applies to the topic at hand about PFF's assessment of Stille as an Interior D-linemen. Still played both inside and out. He played in 3 man fronts, 4 man fronts, and even a couple 2 man looks. Hell vs. Rutgers he lined up all over the defensive line. But he played a lot all season, lining up on a Tackle without being flanked by an OLB.

You think I'm incorrect when the majority of Stille's snaps were played as a DE lining up opposite an Offensive Tackle in which his primary responsibility was outside contain and holding the edge?

The Beav isn't stating anything incorrectly. I'm not stating anything incorrectly. My point applies to the topic at hand about PFF's assessment of Stille as an Interior D-linemen. Still played both inside and out. He played in 3 man fronts, 4 man fronts, and even a couple 2 man looks. Hell vs. Rutgers he lined up all over the defensive line. But he played a lot all season, lining up on a Tackle without being flanked by an OLB.
I’m not sure why we even post such trivial things as PFF rankings, which according to you are meaningless, anyway.

Apparently unless the grades are good.

ADVERTISEMENT