ADVERTISEMENT

Prized Husker Recruit Thomas Fidone gets Crystal Ball Prediction to...

HuskerBorn

Junior
Oct 23, 2009
LSU. Ugh. This is the first I’ve heard of him having interest in LSU. The national championship shine is alluring. Hoping when the season starts and we can get him back on campus he will be N!

Reactions: HuskerO and Hyattea
LSU. Ugh. This is the first I’ve heard of him having interest in LSU. The national championship shine is alluring. Hoping when the season starts and we can get him back on campus he will be N!
Not saying he is off the table. In general I wouldn't expect to get too many top target recruits until Frost can prove he is able to win. What top recruit with offers from great schools want to come play for a team who hasn't made a bowl in 3 straight years. Not being able to get recruits on campus is killing us. Just gotta win

Could anyone blame the kid if he went to LSU??? Seems like a great move for him. All that school does is crank out NFL players. Heard Cowherd today say LSU set a record for players picked total in first 3 rounds....versus.....how many did we get drafted again??? Love me some Frost, but to date, he hasn't developed anyone during his time at Nebraska.

From what I read on 24/7, it’s nothing. The Iowa publisher had to make a pick because they did away with the cloudy picks (whatever that exactly means) and the man is quoted saying he refuses to pick the Huskers unless he has something concrete. So he gave a low 1-2 crystal ball pick for LSU instead of the Huskers.

If you notice, they have levels of picks, 1-10 and 10 being very confident and 1 being not confident at all. So a low level 2 LSU pick is nothing to worry about. All that means is the man just picked a team because he had to and he won’t ever pick the Huskers unless it’s an obvious choice. If you every see a level 7 to 10 pick for LSU, then worry.

Last edited:
Could anyone blame the kid if he went to LSU??? Seems like a great move for him. All that school does is crank out NFL players. Heard Cowherd today say LSU set a record for players picked total in first 3 rounds....versus.....how many did we get drafted again??? Love me some Frost, but to date, he hasn't developed anyone during his time at Nebraska.

And the mans only been here for what, 2 seasons? Maybe we give him a little more then 2 seasons before acting like he hasnt developed anyone. And I’d argue Frost and the staff actually HAS developed some of our players, even some of our players that where absolutely horrible.

Now, I don’t think anyone would blame a kid for picking LSU. We all know they are a solid team. I don’t think anyone is arguing that. But a low level 2 pick by an Iowa publisher that openly admits to hating the Huskers...yeah lol, I’m not worried.

Last edited:
And the mans only been here for what, 2 seasons? Maybe we give him a little more then 2 seasons before acting like he hasnt developed anyone. And I’d argue Frost and the staff actually HAS developed some of our players, even some of our players that where absolutely horrible.

Now, I don’t think anyone would blame a kid for picking LSU. We all know they are a solid team. I don’t think anyone is arguing that. But a low level 2 pick by an Iowa publisher that openly admits to hating the Huskers...yeah lol, I’m not worried.

Wasn't advocating we get rid of Frosty...at all....but the fact is, in two seasons, Frost hasn't developed anyone, and one could make the argument the most important position on the team went backwards in year two. Soooo, I don't think I was "acting" like anything, I was merely pointing out the obvious.

Wasn't advocating we get rid of Frosty...at all....but the fact is, in two seasons, Frost hasn't developed anyone, and one could make the argument the most important position on the team went backwards in year two. Soooo, I don't think I was "acting" like anything, I was merely pointing out the obvious.

but the staff has developed some players, more so then not. Most of our top players have been freshmen to sophomores. But you do have me on the Martinez thing, even though it’s more so an injury issue then a development issue. I know your a Husker fan like me. So alls good.

Reactions: litespeedhuskerfan
but the staff has developed some players, more so then not. Most of our top players have been freshmen to sophomores. But you do have me on the Martinez thing, even though it’s more so an injury issue then a development issue. I know your a Husker fan like me. So alls good.

I'm rooting for the same thing you are, for sure.

Reactions: huskerssalts

Here’s why Thomas Fidone won’t pick LSU. He has openly said he wants to play and possibly start early as his freshman year. So LSU getting these 2 stud TEs last recruiting class and one of the highest ranked TEs ever...that helps our Huskers with Fidone, considering we lose all scholarship TEs after this season and next. This is a guess of course, going off of what I have read and tweets via Thomas Fidone. But if he wants to start as soon as his freshman year, LSU wouldn’t be the way to go.

Last edited:

Lamar Jackson?
Devine Ozigbo?
Davis twins?

woof.. you know a post is bad when the only 'like' is from our iowa fan pilot fish @SWIowahawks

We in the midst of a run of the best local talent since the 90's and I'm starting to wonder if we can even get 50% of these guys signed. I'm also growing weary of the "he's not really that good anyway" remarks that always follow losing these top local kids.

We in the midst of a run of the best local talent since the 90's and I'm starting to wonder if we can even get 50% of these guys signed. I'm also growing weary of the "he's not really that good anyway" remarks that always follow losing these top local kids.
I don’t share your pessimism. I also have not seen any of the “he’s not any good anyway” comments. But, ironically, I have seen many preemptively bitching about people claiming it. Must sound cool in their heads.

I don’t share your pessimism. I also have not seen any of the “he’s not any good anyway” comments. But, ironically, I have seen many preemptively bitching about people claiming it. Must sound cool in their heads.
I was referring back to previous comments about Dickerson, Watts, Fant, Harrison Phillips, Bryson Williams and so on. Same thing with basketball recruits who chose to go elsewhere. If my post stopped anyone preemptively from bitching about the local kids, then I say, you're welcome and pay it forward!

Here’s why Thomas Fidone won’t pick LSU. He has openly said he wants to play and possibly start early as his freshman year. So LSU getting these 2 stud TEs last recruiting class and one of the highest ranked TEs ever...that helps our Huskers with Fidone, considering we lose all scholarship TEs after this season and next. This is a guess of course, going off of what I have read and tweets via Thomas Fidone. But if he wants to start as soon as his freshman year, LSU wouldn’t be the way to go.

That's why I knew he'd never come to Iowa (besides growing up a Nebraska fan). The TE room is very very deep so it would probably be a couple of years before he'd get to play. Sucks to lose out on the #1 TE and from in-state (but really he only came to Iowa for HS) but it is what it is, I guess.

I was referring back to previous comments about Dickerson, Watts, Fant, Harrison Phillips, Bryson Williams and so on. Same thing with basketball recruits who chose to go elsewhere. If my post stopped anyone preemptively from bitching about the local kids, then I say, you're welcome and pay it forward!
I guess people hear what they want to hear. Even if it’s just the voices in their heads.

Reactions: John_J_Rambo
that is awesome. I live in Des Moines and really enjoy it. Cedar Rapids is an absolute sh*thole. Iowa City is nice.
I guess it depends want you are looking for. I work in Cedar Rapids, live in a suburb and it is fine. Good business community, nice skyline for a city of 128,000, good schools. Probably not much of a bar scene, so Iowa City has it beat there. Des Moines is on a different higher level all around so no comparison there.

Reactions: RothMatt
You guys realize that everyone outside of Nebraska makes fun of Lincoln right?
some truth to this..

if you get out of the state long enough.. spend a few years to see how the rest of the world works, it's kind of easy to look back and see why.

I don't hate the state, had some good memories, but would be hard to come back.

Saw this video the other day on state taxes and moving and such..

It's not about Nebraska, but you can see glimpses of where the state ranks here and there.

Those lawmakers have to do something to make the business climate more enticing there.

some truth to this..

if you get out of the state long enough.. spend a few years to see how the rest of the world works, it's kind of easy to look back and see why.

I don't hate the state, had some good memories, but would be hard to come back.

Saw this video the other day on state taxes and moving and such..

It's not about Nebraska, but you can see glimpses of where the state ranks here and there.

Those lawmakers have to do something to make the business climate more enticing there.

He is such an ignorant pos.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT