ADVERTISEMENT

Press Conference @ 11am to announce new AD

There are only 2 teams that wrestle in the Missouri Valley.

North Dakota State and South Dakota State..I’d bet there all money losers..…

He could have at least told the Coach face to face that he was canceling the program instead of telling him over the phone after winning the Division 2 National Title..
He said in his press conference that no doubt he'll make mistakes and that certainly was a mistake on his part if that happened. I understand completely a UNO fan's grudge against Trev. That said, I think since that tough time at UNO, he's done a really good job there. I think he'll do a good job at Nebraska.

I think the Dakota schools have very good booster and fan support of what we consider minor sports. I could have sworn that USD had a wrestling program at one time.

Last edited:
Really like Ted Carter. 38 years in the Navy, could listen to that guy for hours
Carter and Green are a step up IMO from some of the administrators we've had in the past. I've met Green and he's married to a friend of mine's sister. Really good dude.

Reactions: BrighteRed24
I think it was the timing and the way he announced he was cutting those programs that pissed people off more than anything. Trev literally called the wrestling coach a few hours after they won a national championship, and told them they were cutting the program and they wouldn't be able to get into the facilities when they got back. Pretty classless IMO. He could have at least waited a few days and told them in person.
I don't think Trev had ever had to fire anybody before that move. It doesn't seem like that he handled that well and no doubt her learned a hard lesson.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT