ADVERTISEMENT

Press Conf

if nothing freaking else, I am sold just by the fact that his wife wants to raise the kids in Lincoln, she loaded up the crew and drove 14 hours.....screw the rest.......dude will work plenty hard enough to keep her happy, we might have to force him to stay out of the office at some point to help him keep a workable life balance........and damn the passion as a young kid for his PSU squad, I also recall that PSU game when the TE was out at the two yard line up in row 4 knocking a woman's Coke and Popcorn all over himself and the zebras called him in bounds, you bet I said some fresh words that day too, very relatable.......funny that he was on PSU for that KO Classic game, wow, that payback was an epic beatdown! - he knows first hand exactly what we want/ expect!

I thought Rhule did great. I don't think you've watched Liepold coach much.
you are right on both accounts

though, that didn't stop me from stating he would finish the year 0-3 and then profiting handsomely from that exact thing happening

"No one turned us down". Anyone catch that?
I call BS on that. I think Rhule was Trev's guy from the beginning. I know he talked to some other agents/coaches and was told they weren't interested. No one turned down an official offer but there were coaches who opted not to get involved in conversations. That's semantics.

Reactions: SkerInCo

though, that didn't stop me from stating he would finish the year 0-3 and then profiting handsomely from that exact thing happening
Understood. I watch KU closely. Liepold is a highly energetic coach and he will do well there. I'm happy for both of "my" schools.

Reactions: king_kong_
1) Recognizes we need to win at the LOS on both sides of the ball

2) Has demonstrated he can build programs that compete in the trenches

3) All in on player development.

Forever_ffeacb_2075299.gif

While watching the KU -KSU game Saturday night, I felt a sense of relief it wasn’t Liepold. Fumbled punt at their own 5 to open the game; returning a KO to your own 10 with a penalty; safety; drive killing penalties. Looked too familiar.

Major programs don't get turned down. No offers go out without already knowing the answer so you cannot be turned down.
How about Auburn now? Or Nebraska after Solich? I think if the search is well run you are correct but it doesn't always happen that way.

How about Auburn now? Or Nebraska after Solich? I think if the search is well run you are correct but it doesn't always happen that way.
I would bet that Auburn has not given an official offer to date. You are correct that poorly run processes may have an official declined offer. I would guess that Nebraska had some coaches indicate they did not have a level of interest for Alberts to further pursue them as an option. I don't question if Rhule was 'option 1A' and he has the track record to be considered a first choice candidate. I would be extremely upset if Alberts did not gauge interest of 1B, 2, 3, 4, & 5 at the least for serious consideration.

I call BS on that. I think Rhule was Trev's guy from the beginning. I know he talked to some other agents/coaches and was told they weren't interested. No one turned down an official offer but there were coaches who opted not to get involved in conversations. That's semantics.

I don't. If you listened to Rhule he specifically said he had been watching and studying Nebraska for 7 weeks. Trev zeroed in on Rhule from the start.

if nothing freaking else, I am sold just by the fact that his wife wants to raise the kids in Lincoln, she loaded up the crew and drove 14 hours.....screw the rest.......dude will work plenty hard enough to keep her happy, we might have to force him to stay out of the office at some point to help him keep a workable life balance........and damn the passion as a young kid for his PSU squad, I also recall that PSU game when the TE was out at the two yard line up in row 4 knocking a woman's Coke and Popcorn all over himself and the zebras called him in bounds, you bet I said some fresh words that day too, very relatable.......funny that he was on PSU for that KO Classic game, wow, that payback was an epic beatdown! - he knows first hand exactly what we want/ expect!
I thought I saw her get off that jet with their kids……just saying

I thought I saw her get off that jet with their kids……just saying
right Goosee, but if she was in Charlotte and he was up on Rhode Island (or wherever they said he was at), she had to get them there to get on the jet, maybe? fwiw, it's aobut 18 hours plus stops to Lincoln, but about 12.5 plus stops to Providence RI,...... FFS I doubt the guy was making stuff up dude, just saying

I liked how he seemed to get himself fired up- you can see how he’d get his players to buy in. I believe he’ll be relentless with recruiting, and I like how he didn’t throw the current players under the bus in any way. He’s embracing the modern era while remaining rooted in tradition.
Showed respect for fans who spend their hard earned time and money on the team.

Having said that, we’re in a deep hole, and everyone wants to see results. It’s gonna be a long wait, but we’ll all be ready to dive into the next era.

I don't. If you listened to Rhule he specifically said he had been watching and studying Nebraska for 7 weeks. Trev zeroed in on Rhule from the start.
I agree. But even he (or Trev) said, things cooled off for a period. Trev reached out to others before he came back and made another run at Rhule (which I'm glad he did).

Reactions: BleedRed78
I don't think TO was some players were. Not sure who
TO said in the same article in which he was quoted telling Rhule to keep Mickey that he wasn't coming and it wasn't his place to be there

I sent you the article after you said I made it up. did you not read it?

TO said in the same article in which he was quoted telling Rhule to keep Mickey that he wasn't coming and it wasn't his place to be there

I sent you the article after you said I made it up. did you not read it?
No? Tellin Rhule or suggesting? Pretty sure To said he wanted to be hands off.

No? Tellin Rhule or suggesting? Pretty sure To said he wanted to be hands off.
you don't have to be "pretty sure"

read his exact words here:

it is laugh out loud hilarious that you actually thought I just made this up. talk about zero credibility.

just absolutely brutal stuff from you yesterday, pal

• Haha
Reactions: Walleye79
Dare I pause this kool aid fest to ask two questions?

First, how could trev had zeroed in on him from the start if he was still with the panthers when frost was fired? Is my timeline wrong? Otherwise that doesnt jive at all. Not that it matters in the end, but lying pokes holes in everything trev says.

Second, how does his offensive coordinator hire comply with what he was saying about power football/big ten scheme, etc? It doesnt add up.

(And heeeere come the pretzels)

First, how could trev had zeroed in on him from the start if he was still with the panthers when frost was fired? Is my timeline wrong? Otherwise that doesnt jive at all. Not that it matters in the end, but lying pokes holes in everything trev says.

Second, how does his offensive coordinator hire comply with what he was saying about power football/big ten scheme, etc? It doesnt add up.

frost fired sept 11
rhule fired oct 10

29 days. that's basically right from the start.

No doubt initial contacts were being made before Rhule was fired but I heard plenty of speculation about Rhule to NU several weeks before Rhule was finally fired. Most people were aware that Rhule was gonzo before it actually happened.

No doubt initial contacts were being made before Rhule was fired but I heard plenty of speculation about Rhule to NU several weeks before Rhule was finally fired. Most people were aware that Rhule was gonzo before it actually happened.
Think about what you just wrote.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT