ADVERTISEMENT

Preseason 3 deep please

Bump: It’ll be a small project and I don’t have time right now. Maybe later if no one else steps up....

Reactions: oldjar07
WR Hickman, Manning, Fleming or Houston
WR Robinson, Nance, Brown or Nixon
WR Warner, Betts, Martin
TE Stoll, Volkolek, Allen or Rafdal
LT Jaimes, Banks, Gaylord
LG M. Farinok, Hixon, Sichterman
C Jurgens, H. Miller, Piper
RG Wilson, W. Farinok, Bando
RT Benhart, E. Miller, Fritchke or Lynn (both play 4 games and redshirt)
RB Mills, Johnson, Thompkins
QB Martinez, McCaffrey, Masker

DE Stille, Rogers, Robinson,
DT Daniels, Green, Riley
DE Thomas, Payne, Newsom
OLB Domann, Gunnerson, Snodgrass
MLB Miller, Hannah, Mauga
MLB Honas, Henrich, Reimer
OLB Tannor, Nelson, Cooper
CB Bootle, Clark, Joseph or Moore
SS Williams, Farmer, Gifford
FS Dismuke, Pola Gates Wright
CB Taylor, Newsome, Lynum or Delancey (both play 4 games and redshirt)

Last edited:
here is my shot at it....

WR Manning, Hickman or Betts, Houston
WR Robinson, Brown or Fleming
WR Martin or Warner, Brown, Nance
TE Stoll or Volkolek, Allen or Rafdal or Bubak
LG B Wilson, T Corcoran or Nouili
C Jurgens, W Farniok, H Miller
RG M Farniok, E Piper or Hixon
RT Benhart, E Miller, Fritchke or Lynn
RB Mills, Johnson or Thompkins, Morrison or Scott
QB Martinez, McCaffrey, Smothers or Masker

DE Stille, Rogers, Wildeman or Payne
DT Daniels, Green, Riley
DE Robinson, Thomas, Newsom
OLB Domann, Hannah or Gunnerson
MLB Miller, Reimers, Mauga
MLB Honas or Henrich, Snodgrass
OLB Tannor or Nelson, Cooper
CB Bootle, Joseph or Clark, Moore
SS Williams, Pola/Gates, Gifford
FS Dismuke, Farmer, Wright
CB Taylor, Newsome, Delancey

Last edited:
WR Warner, Betts, Martin

DT Daniels, Green, Riley
DE Thomas, Payne, Newsom
Hickman is working at the Duck-R position. I know, right??

Ty Robinson is penciled in as starter at NT.

Eligibility has been thrown out the window this year.

Smothers may just end up as top B/U to AM this year. That cat's the real deal as he's a leader with a Field General mentality with a will to win, and he already know's the playbook as per Mario.

Logan Smothers is another T-Mart with one hell of an arm and almost has that same insane top gear that Taylor had but, that's where the comparison stops as Logan is a nightmare in the open field as he'll break your ankles with a bunch of shake and bake.

I got a chance to see him play live and yes, he's the real fn' deal. He's the franchise!

GO BIG RED!!

Last edited:

Smothers may just end up as top B/U to AM this year. Cat's the real deal. and already know's the playbook as per Mario.

Smother is going to be a beast but as of right now he’s got to work on his stroke still (via Coach V). That’s going to keep him from jumping McCaffrey, let along Martinez. I’d assume Luke would jump Adrian before Logan.

I completely agree with you on Ty Robinson, dude absolutely will be starter. He’ has blown up in the weight room and the coaches love his potential and talent. But he’s more then likely going to start as a DE instead of NG. Sounds like Riley, Green and Daniels are doing good this offseason.

Last edited:
Smother is going to be a beast but as of right now he’s got to work on his stroke still (via Coach V). That’s going to keep him from jumping McCaffrey, let along Martinez. I’d assume Luke would jump Adrian before Logan.

I completely agree with you on Ty Robinson, dude absolutely will be starter. He’ has blown up in the weight room and the coaches love his potential and talent. But he’s more then likely going to start as a DE instead of NG. Sounds like Riley, Green and Daniels are doing good this offseason.
Read what I finished on my post, what you red was unfinished.

Reactions: huskerssalts
Read what I finished on my post, what you red was unfinished.

hell yeah, Smothers will be a beast. That’s for dam sure. His athletic ability and speed has never been the issue. He’s only issue is working on his arm and that will come over time and reps. He will definitely get there. Luke McCaffrey also has the play book down, when those two battle it out for the starting spot (when that time comes), that will be a hell of battle that I’d love to see. Great problem to have.

And I agree on Robinson but I honestly feel he will end up playing DE more then NG. But who knows, that part we will see soon enough. But dude will definitely start on the Dline.

Smothers may just end up as top B/U to AM this year. That cat's the real deal as he's a leader with a Field General mentality with a will to win, and he already know's the playbook as per Mario.

Logan Smothers is another T-Mart with one hell of an arm and almost has that same insane top gear that Taylor had but, that's where the comparison stops as Logan is a nightmare in the open field as he'll break your ankles with a bunch of shake and bake.

I got a chance to see him play live and yes, he's the real fn' deal. He's the franchise!

GO BIG RED!!

I think they work everyone at Duck R, and yes Hickman will play there a bit especially as he can flex inside to TE or and back as a shift and they can use guys like Wandale outside a bit as well, but he's still primarily a big target on the perimeter IMO. Expecially considering the lack of depth outside and the sheer numbers of slot type guys we have.

You may be right about Ty as a starter, but if he starts it's going to be at DE. DT is a lot deeper and we have too many issues creating pressure to stick him at nose.

Smothers may be amazing, but he's going to redshirt. Eligibility will have some fluidity this season but I haven't seen anything that says they are completely ignoring redshirt rules, especially for freshmen. They are going to not want to be dealing with covid induced roster expansion to that extent 5-6 years from now.

GO BIG RED!!

I can't wait to see this guy. I think it's somewhat hard to believe he's as crazy fast as TMart was but if he is.....WOW!!

WR Manning, Falke or Houston, Betts
WR Robinson, Hickman, Nance
WR Warner, Brown or Martin,Fleming
TE Stoll, Allen or Volkolek or Rafdal
LT Jaimes, Banks, Corcoran
LG B Wilson, Bando, Hixon
C Jurgens, W Farniok, H Miller
RG M Farniok, E Piper, Nouli
RT Benhart, Gaylord, Fritchke
RB Mills, Morrison or Scott or Johnson,Thompkins
QB Martinez, McCaffrey, Smothers or Masker

DE Stille, Rogers, Green
DT Riley, Daniels, Hutmacker
DE Robinson, Thomas, Newsome or Payne
OLB Domann, Cooper or Wright,Otte
MLB Miller, Reimers, Snodgrass
MLB Honas, Henrich, Mauga
OLB Tannor, Nelson, Gunnerson
CB Bootle, Joseph, Lynum
FS Williams, Newsome, Pola/Gates
SS Dismuke, Farmer, Sullivan
CB Taylor, Clark, Delancey

P Przystup,Cerni,Deftlesen
PK Culp (fg>40) or Contreraz(extra Pts,fg<40),Heinz
Kickoff Culp, Contreraz, Heinz
LS Mueller, Brig Banks, Pieper
Holder McCaffrey,Smothers,Przystup

PR Robinson,Nance,Houston
KO Brown,Morrison,Fleming

GO BIG RED!!

I swore off koolaide this year. .....so you need to stop posting.

Thanks to those who took the time to make the lists. I’ll probably get back here with more thoughts, but it feels like we’re gonna be a deeper team overall with more options and ability to absorb injuries as long as some of the young/new guys step up.
Sure some spots are still up in the air, but compared to past years we got more to work with combining talent with experience.

Nobody’s got David Alston starting at OLB?
j/k

Reactions: bshirt73
WR Warner, Betts, Martin

DT Daniels, Green, Riley
DE Thomas, Payne, Newsom

Good list. For whatever reason I just don't see Daniels being the guy to start. I think he will come off the bench and be a good person to rotate in, but he just hasn't taken the next step. I hope I'm wrong and he ups his game.

Reactions: HominidHusker
Here is how I see the offense shaking out. I am very high on the potential of our offense this year. So much more depth on the OL and an influx of young talent at WR. In this offense it comes down to QB play and now we seem to have alot of good pieces around the QB, let's hope AM tears it up.

OFFENSE:

QB:
AM
Luke
Smothers

As AM goes, so goes this team, I think he's in for a big year. Losing Vedral hurts, because we will not be able to play LM all over the field as much as we would probably like.

RB:
Mills
Johnson/Morrison/MS3

Mills is a workhorse. No idea who steps up behind him, my guess is Morrison. Mo Washington is gone. He was a talented kid, but I think having that circus out of town will only help.

(X) WR:
Manning
Betts
Falk/Hickman

Not sure where to put Hickman. I think he would be best served to focus on TE, as our 3 deep there are all Jr/Sr and we have some young talent at WR.

(Z) WR:
Warner
Brown
Nance

Sounds like Brown is a pretty talented guy. Warner won't give up the spot easily, but I wouldn't be surprised if Brown is getting the majority of the snaps at this spot pretty quick.

(R) WR:
Robinson
Fleming
Houston

Going to be fun to see this spot being used. We all know what Robinson brings to the table. Fleming can fly and Nixon will be here too, when he comes back.

TE:
Stoll
Volek/Allen
Hickman

Stoll is a returning starter, but reports are that Volek is the real deal. With Volek and Allen as Jr's and Stoll as a Sr, it would make sense for Hickman to work his way back to the TE room.

OL (1st Team):
LT: Jaimes
LG: Piper
C: Jurgens
RG: Farniok
RT: Benhart

I think four of these spots are pretty certain, with RG being an all-out competition. Hixon and Wilson have starting experience. Bando has earned PT and Nouili was a starter at CSU. Even Corcoran played OG in the Army All-American game and many think that is where he projects best at the college level. I went with Piper, as I think he is the most talented.

OL (2nd Team):
LT: Banks
RG: Hixon
C: W. Farniok
LG: Wilson
RT: Bando

Alot of depth on the OL all of the sudden, I went with Hixon and Wilson as Guards, but that leaves off Nouili, who is an absolute beast and could be a starter. I also left off Corcoran, who is one of the highest rated recruits in Nebraska history and could easily be in the 2-deep by seasons end at either OG or OT.

OL (3rd Team):
LT: Corcoran
LG: Nouili
C: Miller
RG: Lynn
RT: Sichterman

OL depth has come along way on paper. Nouili and Corcoran on the 3rd steam are both super talented kids. Gaylord could fit in here somewhere, if he is all the way back from his knee injury. If so he could be the RT and Sichterman could slide inside to RG.

The defense is another story. Alot of unproven guys. We need to develop DL and find someone that can get to the QB in obvious passing downs.

DEFENSE:

NT:
Riley, Daniels, Green/Hutmatcher

This is a massively important position. Alot of positive buzz on Riley last Spring. Daniels has shown flashes, but has never gotten in good enough condition to play meaningful snaps. I saw something yesterday, talking about Ty Robinson at NT. Ty is a monster and I am sure he would do a good job, but I think his best position long-term is at DE. Let's hope this group can step up, so Ty doesn't have to move in here to save the day.

DE:
Stille
Rodgers
Payne

DE:
Robinson
Thomas
Newsome

Thomas and Stille are pretty athletic DE's that can get after the QB some, question with both has always been their ability to stuff the run. Robinson is a monster that should be able to do just that.

OLB (Nickel):
JoJo
Wright

OLB (Weakside)
Tannor
Cooper
Alston

OLB (Strongside)
Nelson
Gunnerson
Hannah

I listed three OLB spots, even though we only have two on the field at any given time. We seem to have the set the edge guys, pass rushers and coverage guys, but no one that can do all three, yet.

ILB:
Miller
Reimer
Mauga-Clements

ILB:
Honas
Heinrich
Snodgrass

Losing Greene here was a killer, a big time athlete we are desperately missing at ILB. Hopefully Heinrich is healthy and can make an impact and Maugua-Clements is as advertised.

CB:
Bootle
Clark
Newsome

CB:
Taylor-Britt
Joseph
Lynum/Delancy

CB (and the whole secondary) will be interesting. We actually have some depth and versatility here. Bootle and Taylor-Britt are good players, with alot of experience, but both may be able to make more of an impact playing at Nickel/hybrid spots. If Joseph and Clark can step up on the outside, we could move Bootle inside to Nickel to cover slot WR's and could move Taylor-Britt all over the secondary.

SS:
Dismuke
Farmer
Gifford

FS:
Williams
Poa-Gates
Taylor-Britt

I put Taylor-Britt as the 3rd team safety, as I think we would move him there and start Clark or Joseph at CB, before we would play another safety.

GO BIG RED!!
I have been chugging the Smothers Kool Aid since I watched his Hudl film after he committed. Frost & Verdu made an absolute steal out of the SEC's back yard and the kid is a weapon when he pulls the ball down. Skinny though, needs time to develop and probably to adjust to the speed of college ball.

If there's no redshirting this year just you watch, Frost and Lubick will dick around and put all 3 QBs out there in some kind of gadget formation.

Count me as totally sold on Luke the Athlete but not yet sold on Luke the Quarterback. I want to see consistent accuracy out of somebody this year if I see nothing else. If we were running the Osborne offense I would be woo woo all aboard the LMC hype train. He's smooth and natural as that type of QB. I wanna see him ripping dimes in the passing game before I push my chips in on him.

An extra two months for Martinez to get his shoulder right sure can't hurt. Somebody has to be able to threaten defenses vertically.

Here is how I see the offense shaking out. I am very high on the potential of our offense this year. So much more depth on the OL and an influx of young talent at WR. In this offense it comes down to QB play and now we seem to have alot of good pieces around the QB, let's hope AM tears it up.

OFFENSE:

QB:
AM
Luke
Smothers

As AM goes, so goes this team, I think he's in for a big year. Losing Vedral hurts, because we will not be able to play LM all over the field as much as we would probably like.

RB:
Mills
Johnson/Morrison/MS3

Mills is a workhorse. No idea who steps up behind him, my guess is Morrison. Mo Washington is gone. He was a talented kid, but I think having that circus out of town will only help.

(X) WR:
Manning
Betts
Falk/Hickman

Not sure where to put Hickman. I think he would be best served to focus on TE, as our 3 deep there are all Jr/Sr and we have some young talent at WR.

(Z) WR:
Warner
Brown
Nance

Sounds like Brown is a pretty talented guy. Warner won't give up the spot easily, but I wouldn't be surprised if Brown is getting the majority of the snaps at this spot pretty quick.

(R) WR:
Robinson
Fleming
Houston

Going to be fun to see this spot being used. We all know what Robinson brings to the table. Fleming can fly and Nixon will be here too, when he comes back.

TE:
Stoll
Volek/Allen
Hickman

Stoll is a returning starter, but reports are that Volek is the real deal. With Volek and Allen as Jr's and Stoll as a Sr, it would make sense for Hickman to work his way back to the TE room.

OL (1st Team):

I think four of these spots are pretty certain, with RG being an all-out competition. Hixon and Wilson have starting experience. Bando has earned PT and Nouili was a starter at CSU. Even Corcoran played OG in the Army All-American game and many think that is where he projects best at the college level. I went with Piper, as I think he is the most talented.

OL (2nd Team):

Alot of depth on the OL all of the sudden, I went with Hixon and Wilson as Guards, but that leaves off Nouili, who is an absolute beast and could be a starter. I also left off Corcoran, who is one of the highest rated recruits in Nebraska history and could easily be in the 2-deep by seasons end at either OG or OT.

OL (3rd Team):

OL depth has come along way on paper. Nouili and Corcoran on the 3rd steam are both super talented kids. Gaylord could fit in here somewhere, if he is all the way back from his knee injury. If so he could be the RT and Sichterman could slide inside to RG.
RB is the real wild card. They need to feed Mills, he should be averaging 20 carries per game IMO. Behind him it's anyone's guess.

They have thrown a TON of spaghetti at the wall in that RB room as far as bringing in guys who could have low floors but high ceilings. Thompkins, that kid from Ohio who tore up his knee, that kid Yant from Florida. It almost makes you forget about a guy like Sevion who looks like an absolute stud.

Scott III is a high floor guy IMO, I dunno about his ceiling though. Can he be more than a tough tackle for scout team LBs? Physically he's ready, he needs to learn the offense and who to pass block, you can't just be real muscular, we've seen plenty of weight room wonders at RB who ultimately had forgettable careers at NU.

You don't usually see underclassman RBs break out except for the greatest of the great ones. We need a breakout. They MUST get their inside and outside zone game working. It has sputtered the last couple years and the offense has been rough as a result.

At WR, we've quietly gotten two whole months for Manning to settle in and learn the offense which could be huge. Late October is often when you see first year guys finally "get it" and start to really rotate heavily into the offense. I really hope he's ready, he's desperately needed.

Believe it when I see it on Betts. Don't be shocked if he barely sees the field this year, JMO. The physical talent is there but his grade struggles worry me. I am dying to see somebody emerge out of this mish-mash of 5'8 guys who can run the 200 in 22.1 seconds.

I'm super bullish on the OL talent going forward. I think they take a big step forward this year, the question is whether we can really tell within the first four weeks. OSU has a top-5 defensive front 7 and Wisconsin just finds a bunch of huge German kids and roided up Watt brothers to field a really stingy defense every year. They'll get that game wrecker of an LB back this year.

They need to stay faithful to the running game. Don't be shocked if suddenly against Northwestern we get this breakout game on the ground. But if NWU is healthy up front, they're always disciplined against the run. Then PSU comes to down and it's a bunch of future NFL guys to try to move again.

I think the depth and versatility on OL are going to be very important by the time week 5 arrives. I don't know how you come out of those first 4 weeks unscathed.

I have been chugging the Smothers Kool Aid since I watched his Hudl film after he committed. Frost & Verdu made an absolute steal out of the SEC's back yard and the kid is a weapon when he pulls the ball down. Skinny though, needs time to develop and probably to adjust to the speed of college ball.

If there's no redshirting this year just you watch, Frost and Lubick will dick around and put all 3 QBs out there in some kind of gadget formation.

Count me as totally sold on Luke the Athlete but not yet sold on Luke the Quarterback. I want to see consistent accuracy out of somebody this year if I see nothing else. If we were running the Osborne offense I would be woo woo all aboard the LMC hype train. He's smooth and natural as that type of QB. I wanna see him ripping dimes in the passing game before I push my chips in on him.

An extra two months for Martinez to get his shoulder right sure can't hurt. Somebody has to be able to threaten defenses vertically.

I would like to see it. Get athletes on the field to make plays, I don't care their age. It always pisses me off when I see Bama, Clemson and all of these good teams trot their stud freshman out, but yet at NU it always seems to be, well..... They need time to develop.

I would like to see it. Get athletes on the field to make plays, I don't care their age. It always pisses me off when I see Bama, Clemson and all of these good teams trot their stud freshman out, but yet at NU it always seems to be, well..... They need time to develop.
Don't you think that is because of the kind of guys they get? Justyn Ross and Jaylen Waddle are a little different breed than the type of Freshman we have had. Wandale, Mo Wash, AM, etc played as Freshman, so I do believe they will play Freshman, if they can make an impact, but I don't think guys like Chase, Nance and Houston were those kind of talents and we just chose to keep them on the bench. Everyone was yelling at the sky to see guys like Johnson and Hickman last year and then when they got a little PT it became obvious that they weren't ready.

Not enough love for Nash in this thread. I know he's just a true freshman, but he is probably the most powerful player on the team playing at a position that is based on power. Even if his technique isn't perfect he can still fit the bill as a disrupter in the middle. JMO, he and Ty and going to be the next Wistrom/Peter.

Don't you think that is because of the kind of guys they get? Justyn Ross and Jaylen Waddle are a little different breed than the type of Freshman we have had. Wandale, Mo Wash, AM, etc played as Freshman, so I do believe they will play Freshman, if they can make an impact, but I don't think guys like Chase, Nance and Houston were those kind of talents and we just chose to keep them on the bench. Everyone was yelling at the sky to see guys like Johnson and Hickman last year and then when they got a little PT it became obvious that they weren't ready.

I believe we are starting to get there, don't get me wrong, just want to see more of it. I hope we get to a point where the best person is the starter and maybe the tiebreaker is age if they are so close.,

OFFENSE:

QB:
AM
Luke
Smothers

RB:
Mills
Johnson/Morrison/MS3

(X) WR:
Manning
Betts
Falk/Hickman

(Z) WR:
Warner
Brown
Nance

(R) WR:
Robinson
Fleming
Houston

TE:
Stoll
Volek/Allen
Hickman

OL (1st Team):

OL (2nd Team):

OL (3rd Team):

Good call on Nouili, I completely forgot him on mine. Dude absolutely could be in the two deep, if not a starter. Hell, I think Turner Corcoran could eventually take over as the LG starter at some point as well. We will see how all that plays out.

Last edited:
I want to touch on our WRs a bit more. I believe we will see a few to a bunch of different packages each and every game, so our starting WRs will most likely be very fluid. Outside Wan’dale Robinson, we could see 1-3 different WRs one week to the next and throughout each game. I honestly think we finally have some depth there to allow us to do that.

Here are the WRs I see playing the most in the order if have them listed (just my opinion and take). Take this group of WRs and interchange these group of WRs for certain packages.

Wandale Robinson
Omar Manning
Oliver Martin
Alante Brown
Kade Warner
Chris Hickman
Demariyon Houston
Zavier Betts/Marcus Fleming
Jamie Nance/Levi Falck.

Yes, I feel Oliver Martin will have things turn on for him finally. At Michigan and Iowa he always started out good but sounds like he lost interest or something like that throughout the seasons he played for them.

I honestly believe he knows this is it for him, it’s now or never. Dude has a high ceiling, he had a sparq testing numbers of 130-133 range, he is said to be very good route runner and have elite level hands. If Lubick can keep him focused on football this year and on, he can and should pan out and show why 24/7 had him as their Top 47 player in the country (Top 250 4 🌟).

Last edited:
I want to touch on our WRs a bit more. I believe we will see a few to a bunch of different packages each and every game, so our starting WRs will most likely be very fluid. Outside Wan’dale Robinson, we could see 1-3 different WRs one week to the next and throughout each game. I honestly think we finally have some depth there to allow us to do that.

Here are the WRs I see playing the most in the order if have them listed (just my opinion and take). Take this group of WRs and interchange these group of WRs for certain packages.

Wandale Robinson
Omar Manning
Oliver Martin
Alante Brown
Kade Warner
Chris Hickman
Demariyon Houston
Zavier Betts/Marcus Fleming
Jamie Nance/Levi Falck.

Yes, I feel Oliver Martin will have things turn on for him finally. At Michigan and Iowa he always started out good but sounds like he lost interest or something like that throughout the seasons he played for them.

I honestly believe he knows this is it for him, it’s now or never. Dude has a high ceiling, he had a sparq testing numbers of 130-133 range, he is said to be very good route runner and have elite level hands. If Lubick can keep him focused on football this year and on, he can and should pan out and show why 24/7 had him as their Top 47 player in the country for their Top 100 recruiting class for that year.

I won’t be surprised if Falk rises up that list some. Martin is quite the wild card isn’t he? If that dude pans out, well then.... this offense sure has a chance to do something. Fingers crossed.

Hopefully Stoll improves his blocking or else he won’t be a starter for long. He missed a number of crucial blocks last season
He's made some nice plays in the passing game, so that's not an issue for me. His blocking like all the TE's last year was terrible.

WR Manning, walk-on, Betts
WR Robinson, Brown, Nance
WR Warner, Fleming, Houston
TE Stoll, Volkolek, Hickman, Allen
C Jurgens, Piper, Miller
RT Benhart, Corcoran, Fritchke
QB Martinez, McCaffrey, Smothers

DE Stille, Thomas, Rogers
NT Daniels, Green, Riley
DE Robinson, Payne, Wildeman
MLB Miller, Reimer, Mauga
MLB Honas, Henrich, Hannah
OLB Nelson, Tannor, Cooper
CB Bootle, Clark, Joseph
FS Dismuke, Pola Gates, Wright

Typical starters most have, but I think Nelson wins that OLB spot. I think he's a much better player than Tannor. I also think putting Robinson at DE gets our best 3 DL on the field with Daniels holding down the NT spot.

WR Manning, walk-on, Betts
WR Robinson, Brown, Nance
WR Warner, Fleming, Houston
TE Stoll, Volkolek, Hickman, Allen
C Jurgens, Piper, Miller
RT Benhart, Corcoran, Fritchke
QB Martinez, McCaffrey, Smothers

DE Stille, Thomas, Rogers
NT Daniels, Green, Riley
DE Robinson, Payne, Wildeman
MLB Miller, Reimer, Mauga
MLB Honas, Henrich, Hannah
OLB Nelson, Tannor, Cooper
CB Bootle, Clark, Joseph
FS Dismuke, Pola Gates, Wright

Typical starters most have, but I think Nelson wins that OLB spot. I think he's a much better player than Tannor. I also think putting Robinson at DE gets our best 3 DL on the field with Daniels holding down the NT spot.
I have to say I disagree on is G Nelson being better the C Tannor. Dude has much better motor then Tannor but Tannor definitely has him in athletic ability and pure speed. If Dawson gets Tannors focus on lock down, he could definitely turn that corner.

G Nelson, if he’d put on another 15-20 pounds and play DE, he’d be an absolute monster on the Dline. That’s the spot I hope he ends up at to be honest. Him and Blaise Gunnerson both. Gunnerson definitely has the higher ceiling of him and Nelson, that’s for sure. But both of them playing DE with Hutmacher and Black at NG....look out.

Oh I meant to comment on this earlier and i forgot until just now. It sounds like Nick Henrichs is 100% and hitting on all cylinders (like Noa Pola-Gates and D Williams at Safety) and he has also added some decent size to go along with it. He’s should be more then good to go.

He was said to be good enough last year before his injury to crack the two deep and that was being a true freshman who was a little under sized. So I wouldn’t be surprised to see him eventually jump either Miller or Honas at ILB. Plus having mr sleeper Reimers, Mauga-Clements and Snodgrass as other ILBs, we have some potential at ILB be very good and deep for the first time in years...GBR

I can’t remember- Is it confirmed Quinton Newsome is ready to go?

ADVERTISEMENT