ADVERTISEMENT

Predictions for next season

It will be his second game. They start out with TCU.
My bad - I had the still had the Deion intro press conference floating in my head where the AD was imploring not to sell tickets to NU fans for Deions first (home) game . Regardless, I think Rhule inherited a better situation than Sanders, and he clearly has alot more experience coaching at a high level. Really need that to translate to a win

This will be the most difficult first two games Nebraska has started the season with since 1995..
Last time Nebraska started the season with two away games..

Ironically they were on the same two dates as this year August 31 was in Stillwater and September 9th was in East Lansing
The difference was, Oklahoma State back then wasn't nearly as good as they are now.

Look at Ruhles records first year at Baylor and Temple. They are horrible. His system starts taking hold year 2 and then shows results year 3. I’m bracing for 1-3 wins next year, 6 wins year 2 and max out at 8-9 wins year 3.

• Haha
Reactions: SkerInCo
I really like what the big ten west is doing coach wise. Of course, the west is going away...

Look at Ruhles records first year at Baylor and Temple. They are horrible. His system starts taking hold year 2 and then shows results year 3. I’m bracing for 1-3 wins next year, 6 wins year 2 and max out at 8-9 wins year 3.

I tend to agree with this, however there is one difference that makes me think the timetable could be shorter here. Temple was awful. Like truly awful. And he took over a Baylor program that was embroiled in scandal and facing conference and NCAA disciplinary actions. The reality is in both situations the cupboards were relatively bare. He’s walking into a better situation at NU. Yes we have some cultural dysfunction and it will take time for him to establish his culture and his system. But we do have some talent on the roster. While I will not at all be surprised by a 2-3 win season because that’s MR’s track record. I also think he has enough talent on the roster, and a favorable enough schedule to win 6 this year and go bowling.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT