ADVERTISEMENT

Predictions for next season

moralvictories

First Team All-Big Ten
Jan 22, 2022
With the schedule being as favorable as it is, we could win as many as nine games next season. However, I am going to temper my expectations and say 6 wins and a bowl game.

Reactions: konaki
pain GIF

As much as as Northwestern felt like a must-win to me this past season so do our first two games of next season.

Minnesota because it's a B1G conference game, and Colorado because it would feel good and probably generate national headlines.

6 wins and a bowl game look halfway possible if we start 2-0.

Last edited:
Reactions: king_kong_
I predict Iowa fans will continue to post like their fans of Georgia or Alabama and then have another 7 win season. Although their schedule next season is ultra soft, so they might eke out 8 or 9.

With the schedule being as favorable as it is, we could win as many as nine games next season. However, I am going to temper my expectations and say 6 wins and a bowl game.
We'll play spring game on April 22 and first game Aug 31. That's my prediction 😎 😉

I was going to say there's no way things could get worse, but I've said that ten times over the last 20 years and been wrong every time.
Cutting yourself short at 10. I think I've said that every year

When Rhule was hired I had hopes for an eight win season (MN, CO, NILL, LATECH, NW, PUR and two of ILL, MSU, MS, WI, or IA. However, now that it is apparent he will be training coaches as well as players, and I'm less than overwhelmed by the OC, I predict 6 wins (CO, NILL, LATECH, NW, and two of the rest.

I was going to say there's no way things could get worse, but I've said that ten times over the last 20 years and been wrong every time.
That's were I am at. The Tony Robbins stuff has compartmentalized meaning to me. It's a good schtik but in the end some 20 year old has to rip the head off another 20 year old.
If you say, for instance, with bravado, that the league will be blown away by your offense and then they brutalize you, the kids will lose confidence in their abilities and develop distrust in the coaching.
Our new coach is a yapper. You just have to be a bit guarded in making claims.

7-5 is my guess. I predict a lost at Minnesota in week zero, with steady improvement as the season goes with wins over Colorado, Wisconsin, and Iowa.

Had we landed Mazz and Rouse, I’d feel confident in going bowling. I just can’t trust this offensive line yet.

I agree. When it looked like we might get those guys I was feeling optimistic. Now we have back that same OL that struggled mightily and a thin defensive front 7.

Reactions: AlmightyRhuler
Same record as this year with an 0-2 start. No way we’ll be ready for a disciplined Minnesota team on their home opener and CO will have so much energy and new talent we will lose in Boulder. I’ve been saying it for weeks, whomever setup this schedule Moos or Alberts is a fool. Starting with a conf game and 2 road games is beyond idiotic.

Every single year should start with a home cupcake to get your guys figured out. The schedules have set us up for failure recently and next year.

• Haha
Reactions: SkerInCo
I agree. When it looked like we might get those guys I was feeling optimistic. Now we have back that same OL that struggled mightily and a thin defensive front 7.

We won 4 games last year with the same issues

We now have an easier schedule with what all assume to be a major coaching upgrade

There is no reason we can’t get to at least 6 wins

Last edited:
We won 4 games last year with the same issues

We now have an easier schedule with what all assume to be a major coaching upgrade

There is no reason we can’t get to at least 6 wins

I hope you’re right. But it seems like we have lost an lot off that bad team and haven’t brought in the portal guys we have hoped yet. I like Ruble and don’t know that we could have found anyone better, but this just doesn’t look like a good football team on paper right now. But maybe they can bring out some production in these guys, especially the big guys, we haven’t seen yet.

Reactions: Matrix Husker
I hope you’re right. But it seems like we have lost an lot off that bad team and haven’t brought in the portal guys we have hoped yet. I like Ruble and don’t know that we could have found anyone better, but this just doesn’t look like a good football team on paper right now. But maybe they can bring out some production in these guys, especially the big guys, we haven’t seen yet.

“Ruble” ? That name is going to stick if he fails here 😄

I dont disagree with your post - I just don’t think we have to be all that good to get to at least 6 - the nonconf teams are terrible and Iowa- Illinois-Minn- wisc- Purdue all lost and ton and NW is NW. Throw in Maryland and MSU and we ought to be able to come up with 3 conf wins to go along with the 3 non conf wins

I dont disagree with your post - I just don’t think we have to be all that good to get to at least 6 - the nonconf teams are terrible and Iowa- Illinois-Minn- wisc- Purdue all lost and ton and NW is NW. Throw in Maryland and MSU and we ought to be able to come up with 3 conf wins to go along with the 3 non conf wins

Oops on Ruble 😂.

We just don’t look very good up front on either side of the ball right now, but I agree on the schedule. Going to be a lot of pillow fights this year.

Only prediction is we will start 1-1. Don’t know if that means a win over Colorado or Minnesota. But what I do know is God has a sense of humor and likes to keep Husker fans in check.

We win against Minnesota and all the “blind faith / all in / don’t question anything“ Rhule fans do the “I told you so”

Then we lose to Deion in Boulder and the other side of the fan base “yells we should have hired Sanders!!!”

or vice-versa. All causing many massive debates on Huskers boards

But I really hope Rhule can start 2-0. Those would be big wins for our fan base with how much most of us dislike row the boat and we need to end the Sanders vs Rhule debate

Last edited:
Same record as this year with an 0-2 start. No way we’ll be ready for a disciplined Minnesota team on their home opener and CO will have so much energy and new talent we will lose in Boulder. I’ve been saying it for weeks, whomever setup this schedule Moos or Alberts is a fool. Starting with a conf game and 2 road games is beyond idiotic.

Every single year should start with a home cupcake to get your guys figured out. The schedules have set us up for failure recently and next year.
According to Nebraska press guide’s between 2012-2013, Osborne was the one that scheduled Colorado for Sept 9 2023, the B1G scheduled Nebraska to play at Minnesota in 2018..
Moos or Alberts had nothing to do with the scheduling, it was the B1G who stuck us with playing Minnesota out of the gate 4 years ago.

Someone in the B1G office had to know Nebraska was going to play at Colorado on Sept 9 it’s been scheduled for 10-11 years ago..

Last edited:
Reactions: headcard

Agree with that, why shoot yourself in the foot with the schedule.

8-6

7-5 regular season and 5-4 in conference and a four way tie for first place but they get the tie-breaker to go to the Big 10 Championship game.

nebraska beats ucf in the dukes mayo spooge bowl

A Rhule statue is erected

For what it's worth, yall said Purdue lost a ton last offseason and they won the west. I don't think Purdue lost as much as you might think. Lots of unknown though. Was going to be regardless since half the team was hitting the portal had Brohm stayed. Maybe a blessing in disguise

• Haha
Reactions: BleedRed78
I still believe there is a good amount of untapped talent on this team. It is very difficult to project how players will perform with different coaching and a different system. For example, the defense, outside of the Purdue game, play better after Busch took over than they did prior. That was simply due to simplifying the system and letting players play. Now they will have a spring and complete fall camp. I also believe the merging of frost and Whipple systems did not blend well. I think this new staff will do a better job of matching their systems to the talent and the strengths of the players. Not the other way around.

For what it's worth, yall said Purdue lost a ton last offseason and they won the west. I don't think Purdue lost as much as you might think. Lots of unknown though. Was going to be regardless since half the team was hitting the portal had Brohm stayed. Maybe a blessing in disguise
Not counting Purdue as an auto win,
just saying a reasonably competent staff ought to be able to come up with at least 3 wins in the following 8 games

Minn
NW
Purdue
Iowa
Illinois
Wisconsin
MSU
Maryland

I don't care how many portal kids they brought in, a loss to CU will be HIGHLY disappointing given how pathetic they were last year and considering it will be Deion's first game coaching anything close to P5 level football.

Reactions: SkerInCo
This will be the most difficult first two games Nebraska has started the season with since 1995..
Last time Nebraska started the season with two away games..

Ironically they were on the same two dates as this year August 31 was in Stillwater and September 9th was in East Lansing

ADVERTISEMENT