Loss 1: 5 points
Loss 2: 5 points
Loss 3: 3 points
Loss 4: 5 points
Loss 5: 3 points
Loss 6: 3 points
Loss 7: 7 points
Loss 8: 4 points

Out of all of the losses, 8 have been one drive differences out of a total of 21 games. All of those games are going to flip to wins in the future years.

The freshman class will have matured and will be veterans. Frost will have the linebacker issues fixed, the pass rush issue fixed, the deep threat issue fixed, and the OL athleticsim issue fixed.

We are not that far away as some people think. PJ Fleck had similar defeats early on and has had a break through season this year. Barry Alvarez had similar defeats and broke through.

The issue is not having left the Big 12. The issue is not "it will not work in the Big Ten" idiocy that some people post. The issue is not being able to get the speed needed for the offense, the issue is not what most people are posting when they meltdown.

The issue is making one more complete drive on offense and one more no score defensive drive. What is taking place right will not be around much longer.

You can call my post kool aid or whatever makes you sleep better at night, I simply don't care, but I have studied where we are at and why things are what they are and it isn't that far from being fixed where these games are turning into wins.

We are nearly 50/50 for 3rd down conversion made on offense and 3rd downs given up on defense. Meaning, out of all of the drives that have taken place, the numbers are close to a 50 to 50 ratio. A simple 10% improvement in that and those are 8 more wins under Frost.

I don't doubt that we're going to be OK on offense. We've recruited the lineman and running backs to get it done. Would still like to see us recruit bigger size wideouts though.
Now onto the defense, I don't have much hope here. Especially if we stay with Chins and his 3-4 defense. We're not recruiting at the level that is needed.

Now onto coaching, we're in the B10 where there's more money therefore almost every team can afford to pay a very good coach, which is how it will be. I don't believe Frost is as good as we thought he was going to be. I get the vibe that Frost only truly cares about overseeing the offense rather than being the CEO of the entire team. Comments like "Don't ask me I don't coach the D" is not a good look.

In conclusion, yeah I think we'll get better but so will everybody else. At the end of the day, the other teams' defense will be better equiped than ours and were going to continue to lose a lot of games that we should win.

Out of all of the losses, 8 have been one drive differences out of a total of 21 games. All of those games are going to flip to wins in the future years.

The freshman class will have matured and will be veterans. Frost will have the linebacker issues fixed, the pass rush issue fixed, the deep threat issue fixed, and the OL athleticsim issue fixed.

We are not that far away as some people think. PJ Fleck had similar defeats early on and has had a break through season this year. Barry Alvarez had similar defeats and broke through.

The issue is not having left the Big 12. The issue is not "it will not work in the Big Ten" idiocy that some people post. The issue is not being able to get the speed needed for the offense, the issue is not what most people are posting when they meltdown.

The issue is making one more complete drive on offense and one more no score defensive drive. What is taking place right will not be around much longer.

You can call my post kool aid or whatever makes you sleep better at night, I simply don't care, but I have studied where we are at and why things are what they are and it isn't that far from being fixed where these games are turning into wins.

We are nearly 50/50 for 3rd down conversion made on offense and 3rd downs given up on defense. Meaning, out of all of the drives that have taken place, the numbers are close to a 50 to 50 ratio. A simple 10% improvement in that and those are 8 more wins under Frost.
giphy.gif

You are delusional RollingLaugh

I didn't think it would be 2019.

QB Martinez has had an up and down sophomore campaign. He is the QB for the 2020 run.

The defense and OLine is where it will start. Purdue has the same MO.
  • Northwestern, 2018
  • Who wins it in 2019
  • Defense wins championships
Purdue is learning just that this year. Oline is incredibly young, and honestly, most of Brohms guys need at least one more year to bulk up. The Dline is starting two freshman and a converted linebacker. Again, they have some talent, they just need more time. Once the lines develop, the skill positions will look better. It just takes time. Especially when starting from scratch. Nebraska will be fine. Just like Purdue. Unfortunately, it's a process that takes more than 2-3 years.

Purdue is learning just that this year. Oline is incredibly young, and honestly, most of Brohms guys need at least one more year to bulk up. The Dline is starting two freshman and a converted linebacker. Again, they have some talent, they just need more time. Once the lines develop, the skill positions will look better. It just takes time. Especially when starting from scratch. Nebraska will be fine. Just like Purdue. Unfortunately, it's a process that takes more than 2-3 years.

The margin of error on the road is lean. Nebraska is a better team. The Illinois win.

Purdue is ahead of figuring out things in the Big Ten West though.

Nice win for Jeff Brohm.

Bye week for Nebraska.

Purdue, like Nebraska, gets a bye before facing Wisconsin.

Both need a win.

Reactions: mustang_hawk
One thing to note, on paper we look like we aren't far away but that is deceiving, we are getting completely manhandled by lower tier teams. Unbelievable how slow and weak we look on the defensive side of things. Are we rotating our lineman throughout the game? Wasn't Duval supposed to be the best in biz?

Far away from beating Purdue?

I agree.

Frankly, the Indiana loss at home was more disconcerting.

You can call my post kool aid or whatever makes you sleep better at night.
Why would disagreeing with your post make anyone here sleep better at night?

That's third grade claptrap someone tosses out there just to preemptively discredit anyone who might dare to have a different opinion.

The margin of error on the road is lean. Nebraska is a better team. The Illinois win.

Purdue is ahead of figuring out things in the Big Ten West though.

Nice win for Jeff Brohm.

Bye week for Nebraska.

Purdue, like Nebraska, gets a bye before facing Wisconsin.

Both need a win.
Not sure it will matter for Purdue. Their defense and oline is getting better as the year goes on, but they aren't that good yet. That's a Purdue defense that starts/plays all underclassman but a Saftey, LB, DE, and DT. Oline only has two upperclassmen on the roster. QB, RB, and all but 1 WR and 1 TE are freshmen. Tough to compete with a Wisconsin when you have that. Maybe next year. For Purdue, and Nebraska, it's about getting the young guys experience and stacking top 25 recruiting classes.

people need to relax and go back and remember all the posts preaching patience after the Frost hire and how he would most likely have fewer wins in his first 3 years at Nebraska than Mike Riley

Reactions: B1G RED RULES
One thing to note, on paper we look like we aren't far away but that is deceiving, we are getting completely manhandled by lower tier teams. Unbelievable how slow and weak we look on the defensive side of things. Are we rotating our lineman throughout the game? Wasn't Duval supposed to be the best in biz?

Game results is reality. Reality shows we are not that far off.

Love your enthusiasm, Uber. I’m with you 100%, but I’m not gonna admit it in an open forum like this.

So are you still on record that Frost “will do what’s right” and fire Chinander this year?

And if he doesn’t does your prediction still stand?

Reactions: SC_'sker

giphy.gif

There’s lots of ways to win those games and we found lots of ways to lose them.
I agree our record will be much better once we figure out how to make a few more plays each game.
As mentioned by others, the defense needs to make a huge jump. They are consistently soft and giving up long sustained drives without much resistance.

I was disappointed with AM all year, but his performance against Purdue has me looking for another QB. It’s inexcusable at this point, and as much as we need to improve on OL and WR, we can’t keep that level of QB on the field and expect any W’s.

Reactions: SC_'sker
Just don't overuse it, like the Big Ten Media used the score in last year's Ohio State game 36-31 in projecting the Huskers for 2019.

The last two seasons, under Urban Meyer, major issues with the Buckeyes defense. See at Iowa. See at Purdue.

I'm not like the media at all. I actually pay attention to what transpires around the conference and where our strengths and weaknesses are and then determine what is realistic.

In those 8 games, one more drive to a touchdown or one more defensive stop and those 8 games are all wins. How to get, or what needs to take place, to get over that hurdle is what I would consider a reasonable conversation. In my view, for this season, it's the lack of a deep threat in the passing game. That alone would losen up the defenses.

On defense it is more challenging as their are talent decencies that can't be fixed overnight - lack of a pass rusher and bad linebacker play.

I truly believe it's going to be our offense that gets us over the hurdle first and then the defense will continue to be a work in progress for a few years until the linebacker unit is fixed and we get pass rush.

Reactions: HominidHusker
I'm not like the media at all. I actually pay attention to what transpires around the conference and where our strengths and weaknesses are and then determine what is realistic.

In those 8 games, one more drive to a touchdown or one more defensive stop and those 8 games are all wins. How to get, or what needs to take place, to get over that hurdle is what I would consider a reasonable conversation. In my view, for this season, it's the lack of a deep threat in the passing game. That alone would losen up the defenses.

On defense it is more challenging as their are talent decencies that can't be fixed overnight - lack of a pass rusher and bad linebacker play.

I truly believe it's going to be our offense that gets us over the hurdle first and then the defense will continue to be a work in progress for a few years until the linebacker unit is fixed and we get pass rush.

So you are back on the Chinander bandwagon correct?

If somehow, Frost finds a way to lose at Maryland, some asst is getting fired on Sunday after. Or should be.

Realistically... the assts won't be terminated until after signing day because of the bond forged with recruits is normally with the position coach.

I don't think Nebraska should have been projected the front-runner in 2019, due to their defense.

Offense will get Nebraska to a bowl game. For example, see Purdue the past two seasons.

Defense will get a team to Indianapolis.

Frankly, Minnesota at 8-0 was less of a surprise.

Nebraska at 4-5.

Competitive games, but 2 clear losses would have put Nebraska, with Wisconsin and Iowa, at this stage.

I thought Nebraska would struggle on the road this year, with a young team and in the OL. Defense was also part of it, especially at LB.

Ultimately, the #2 team will have to get by Nebraska.

Will that be Wisconsin or Iowa?

Minnesota may sneak in, since Northwestern doesn't look good right now.

Purdue at Wisconsin could be an interesting one?
  • Wisconsin has a tough path
  • Iowa has a tough path

Minnesota hosts Penn State on Saturday. Memories of 1941 are making the news.
  • Scott Frost and the Huskers get a bye week to prepare for Wisconsin
  • Wisconsin is facing three straight opponents coming off a bye week
  • Of course, this week Iowa and Wisconsin both get one
How does the bottom half of the Big Ten West finish out?
  • Does Pat Fitzgerald get another win? They do have UMass, but face Purdue this week, then close with Minnesota and at Illinois!
  • Does Lovie Smith get his 2nd straight road win in 2019 with trip to East Lansing?
  • Can Purdue win the last 3 to bowl?
  • Can Nebraska get 2 of last 3 to bowl?
It should be an interesting November.

If somehow, Frost finds a way to lose at Maryland, some asst is getting fired on Sunday after. Or should be.

Realistically... the assts won't be terminated until after signing day because of the bond forged with recruits is normally with the position coach.

Early terminations aren't the answer in Lincoln.

4-5 isn't what many expected. I don't think Scott Frost expected 4-5, based on the frustration he has shown over past 3 games.

Bye week comes at healthy time.

Game results is reality
Brilliant. This should be your tag line.

Every game result you listed was a loss. Close losses don't count. A close loss this year has absolutely no effect on contests in future years.

But wait ...… a giant magic wand is waved ……...

All of those games are going to flip to wins in the future years.

Well shit, that settles it then.

Every game result you listed was a loss. Close losses don't count. A close loss this year has absolutely no effect on contests in future years.

/thread

Frost would be great at horse shoes and hand grenades

It wouldn’t surprise me at all. Outside the Minnesota and OSU games this year, we have been close on ever single game the past couple years. We are right there and pretty soon guys like Luke McCaffrey, B Benhart, Turner Corcoran, T Robinson, Noa Pola-Gates, Z Betts and so on will take over, get us way over that hump and that’s when we WILL see some good football.

By refusing to believe in giant magic wands, you're just trying to make yourself sleep better at night!

Or something like that.

Reactions: SC_'sker and nu2u

"In those 8 games, one more drive to a touchdown or one more defensive stop and those 8 games are all wins."

Yeah...and if Colorado had one more TD drive or a defensive stop in 3 of their losses this year, they are 6-3 right now instead of 3-6.....and none of us are as upset about losing that game (but those will flip in the future for the Buffs, I'm sure).

And I just provided the same evidence you did as to why that is the case....none.

You might be right.....and you can be way wrong as well, so perhaps quit acting like you know for sure what is going to happen, because you have no clue.

Reactions: nu2u
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT