ADVERTISEMENT

Prediction time

WOW - are you a little defensive or what??? The OP asked for a prediction and I gave a pretty safe one. If you want to dispute it, share some reasons. Otherwise, go back to sucking on your koolaid ice pop.

So yore not an elementary school teacher that is angry? We are good bro. I was thinking about 5and5 also, but we have some teachers from hell. They are always negative. My apologies.

Minny caught every break in the world last season
Iowa, even when they have a good season is still pretty average
Northwestern is horrible
Purdue is bad
MSU is bad
Illinois is bad
Rutgers might as well let the Covid germs play for them

These teams have not been playing with and beating NU because they are good...it has been because NU has been bad.

Minny caught every break in the world last season
Iowa, even when they have a good season is still pretty average
Northwestern is horrible
Purdue is bad
MSU is bad
Illinois is bad
Rutgers might as well let the Covid germs play for them

These teams have not been playing with and beating NU because they are good...it has been because NU has been bad.
100% agree. An average Nebraska team can beat all of those teams most of the time. We have been so far below average that we have the believe they are good teams. Nebraska is going to take a large step forward this year. Will it be enough to beat every one of them, who knows. We will be better. I think we beat 5 maybe 6 of them this year. I also think we get a signature win over either Penn St, Wisc, or Ohio St.

Reactions: bshirt73
100% agree. An average Nebraska team can beat all of those teams most of the time. We have been so far below average that we have the believe they are good teams. Nebraska is going to take a large step forward this year. Will it be enough to beat every one of them, who knows. We will be better. I think we beat 5 maybe 6 of them this year. I also think we get a signature win over either Penn St, Wisc, or Ohio St.

You betcha. We should have a vastly improved OLine which is exactly what we need above all else. I would also guess our special teams can not possibly be worse than last year.

The defense hasn't been very good but they have improved each of the last two years. This year should be fun!

We're in a good position. We have good enough talent to be competitive without having to worry about our studs sitting out to wait for the NFL like OSU and PSU do. ;)

I could maybe tolerate 5-5 just because it's a shit show of a year, but another losing season and Frost should be on the hot seat. I'm expecting nothing less than 6-4.

Reactions: husker2612
You think he only gets 4 wins this year? Who do you think the 6 losses are to?
With the teams I’ve seen fielded the last two years, any team after the first game has a shot. I have been optimistic both seasons and been disappointed. I have some personal optimism in a few areas For this year too, but I am at the point where my hopes aren’t very high. I’m certainly hoping to be proved wrong.

With the teams I’ve seen fielded the last two years, any team after the first game has a shot. I have been optimistic both seasons and been disappointed. I have some personal optimism in a few areas For this year too, but I am at the point where my hopes aren’t very high. I’m certainly hoping to be proved wrong.
I completely understand the pessimism after the last few years. History suggests year 3 is when things take a good sized jump for new coaches/ programs. If we don't I fear we aren't going to. We have a ton of returning talent on the O side, plus promising new comers. If we can get a QB who is half way productive compared to last year. I think our offense could cause problems for even the best BIG10 D.
My biggest concern under Frost has been and is the D side of the ball. We have to be able to stop the run in the BIG10. IT is a must to have any kind of success. I believe Frost came in with the same line of thinking as he had and Oregon and UCF, that score a ton of points will be enough to beat most teams. That isn't how it works in the BIG10 you have to be able to stop teams from scoring as well. Our D was pretty bad last year, even a slight improvement will win us a game or 2 more. IMO anything under 6 wins should be considered a major disappointment year 3. I think we get there this year.

Reactions: B1G RED RULES
How does Ohio State get a BYE the week before they play us AGAIN? We play Wisconsin, Iowa, and Minnesota before heading to Columbus. Amazing. Look at Ohio State's schedule.
Yeah there is obvious favoritism with Ohio St and Wisc in this schedule.

I completely understand the pessimism after the last few years. History suggests year 3 is when things take a good sized jump for new coaches/ programs. If we don't I fear we aren't going to. We have a ton of returning talent on the O side, plus promising new comers. If we can get a QB who is half way productive compared to last year. I think our offense could cause problems for even the best BIG10 D.
My biggest concern under Frost has been and is the D side of the ball. We have to be able to stop the run in the BIG10. IT is a must to have any kind of success. I believe Frost came in with the same line of thinking as he had and Oregon and UCF, that score a ton of points will be enough to beat most teams. That isn't how it works in the BIG10 you have to be able to stop teams from scoring as well. Our D was pretty bad last year, even a slight improvement will win us a game or 2 more. IMO anything under 6 wins should be considered a major disappointment year 3. I think we get there this year.

He also hasn’t had the same talent after 2 years like he had at Oregon and UCF..

I agree about having a better running stopping defense, but we lost at least 3 games do to the inconsistent offense and no proven kicker..

Anxious to see how we do offensively in year 3 now that we restock our receiving group which was depleted last season..

Reactions: husker2612
In a season where depth will be more important than ever due to the pandemic which will also affect conditioning and practice time, teams like OSU, WI, IA, PSU, and UofM will have an advantage. Teams that rely more on their special talent like MN, Purdue, IN, NW, and Nebraska, are vulnerable. Take out 2 or 3 key players and you have disaster (MN and Purdue are already losing these players). Rutgers, MSU, MD, and Illinois don't stand a chance. Rutgers has some talent, but their team quarantine means they will not be ready.

I also believe at least a couple teams will not play a full schedule. UofM, MSU, Rutgers, MD, IL, and NW are most likely to end early.

Thus, I'll be bold and predict the entire league:
OSU: 10-0
PSU: 8-2
WI: 8-2
UofM: 7-1
IA: 7-3
MN: 6-2 (very favorable schedule)
NE: 4-5
Purdue: 4-6 (brutal start breaks their spirit)
NW: 3-5
IN: 3-7 (tough first half of schedule will break them)
MD: 2-7
MSU: 1-8
Rutgers: 1-8
IL: 0-9 (they have the toughest schedule, with their only two easier games on the road)

Here’s my prediction and it’s pretty ambitious, assuming that for the first time in 4 years we stop playing stupid football. Here we go:

Rutgers - W (blowout)
Illinois - W (Close game, Martinez shines)
Wisconsin - W (we get them in the heat)
Iowa - L (They’ll kick a last second fg)
Minnesota - W (Dickerson will be crying)
Ohio St. - L (No chance. Zero. None)
Northwestern - W (toss up but we pull it out)
Penn St. - L (Chances to win but we blow it)
Purdue- W (restore the order)
Michigan State - W (easy win for us)

7-3

Reactions: leodisflowers
Here’s my prediction and it’s pretty ambitious, assuming that for the first time in 4 years we stop playing stupid football. Here we go:

Rutgers - W (blowout)
Illinois - W (Close game, Martinez shines)
Wisconsin - W (we get them in the heat)
Iowa - L (They’ll kick a last second fg)
Minnesota - W (Dickerson will be crying)
Ohio St. - L (No chance. Zero. None)
Northwestern - W (toss up but we pull it out)
Penn St. - L (Chances to win but we blow it)
Purdue- W (restore the order)
Michigan State - L (easy win for us)

7-3
Need to change Michigan State from L to W.

Reactions: CatColumbia
@Rutgers - Win (or hang your heads in shame)
Illinois - Win
Wisconsin - Win
@Iowa - Loss
Minnesota - Loss
@Ohio St. - Loss
@Northwestern - Loss
Penn St. - Win
@Purdue- Win
Michigan State - Win

6-4 Strong start, miserable mid-season, strong finish

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT