ADVERTISEMENT

Prediction time

husker2612

Recruiting Coordinator
Nov 29, 2010
Finally we get a schedule to analyze and think over. What is best guess prediction on our record. Realistically, yes I know we all believe they can go 10-0. o_O While all the Covid stuff who really knows how this season is going to play out. It has been way to long since football and fun to talk about again.
NYX6HGBJRJEAJGDVMHFN5JL2SQ.jpg

We have a tough schedule no doubt but better than what it was, that back half was ugly. I think we can very realistically go 8-2 with losses to Ohio St, and Penn St. Those are the only 2 games I feel we really aren't on par with the talent they have. All others we can play with, its just a matter of getting out of our own way and playing a full complete 4 quarters. Now that being said Im not going with 8-2 as my prediction. I don't think we are all dialed in yet. So Im going with 6-4 with losses to Ohio St, Penn St , (1 out of MN, Iowa, and Wisc) and 1 between NW and Purdue.

Finally we get a schedule to analyze and think over. What is best guess prediction on our record. Realistically, yes I know we all believe they can go 10-0. o_O While all the Covid stuff who really knows how this season is going to play out. It has been way to long since football and fun to talk about again.

We have a tough schedule no doubt but better than what it was, that back half was ugly. I think we can very realistically go 8-2 with losses to Ohio St, and Penn St. Those are the only 2 games I feel we really aren't on par with the talent they have. All others we can play with, its just a matter of getting out of our own way and playing a full complete 4 quarters. Now that being said Im not going with 8-2 as my prediction. I don't think we are all dialed in yet. So Im going with 6-4 with losses to Ohio St, Penn St , (1 out of MN, Iowa, and Wisc) and 1 between NW and Purdue.

I will not do it. I refuse to give any direct predictions anymore. I did it last year, was hammered on for my prediction. So I gave my thoughts and opinions on why I felt that way and when we had a bad year and my predictions were wrong, I got hammered again for it.

only thing I’ll predict is our Huskers will be improved this year and we will definitely surprise some. That’s all I’ll say. GBR

Last edited:
Reactions: husker2612
I will not do it. I refuse to give any direct predictions anymore. I did it last year, was hammered on my predictions...gave my thoughts and opinions on why I felt that way and when we had a bad year and my predictions were wrong, I got hammered again for it.

Only thing I’ll predict is our Huskers will be improved this year and we will definitely surprise some. That’s all I’ll say. GBR

I generally shy away from the predictions other than don’t admit defeat until it happens: “desire to excel no fear of failure.”

But I agree we will be improved this year - setting aside anything related to covid which could alter things.
I don’t feel we lost very much talent from last year that we’re not capable of replacing, and we’ve got a lot of areas that can only be described as ‘improved” going into the season.
Do I think we’re over the hump? Time will tell.
Do I think we have a high ceiling? more or less. Defensive front 7 will play a big role. We at least got some options at those positions.
Also need QB/WR chemistry to take hold. Need backup RBs to be solid.

In a nutshell, I’m gonna put confidence in our QB room and say the entire season rests on the ability of the LB’s to excel.
The LB position for me will make or break the season.

Reactions: BleedRed78
I generally shy away from the predictions other than don’t admit defeat until it happens: “desire to excel no fear of failure.”

But I agree we will be improved this year - setting aside anything related to covid which could alter things.
I don’t feel we lost very much talent from last year that we’re not capable of replacing, and we’ve got a lot of areas that can only be described as ‘improved” going into the season.
Do I think we’re over the hump? Time will tell.
Do I think we have a high ceiling? more or less. Defensive front 7 will play a big role. We at least got some options at those positions.
Also need QB/WR chemistry to take hold. Need backup RBs to be solid.

In a nutshell, I’m gonna put confidence in our QB room and say the entire season rests on the ability of the LB’s to excel.
The LB position for me will make or break the season.

LB play the last couple years have killed our defense. If we can get better play from those guys as a whole, our defense will be much better. Our secondary and Dline are solid...but our LBs, not so much.

Reactions: BleedRed78
I say ceiling 8-2 if everything goes right. With losses to ohio st and penn st. Meaning we break through against Wisconsin, Iowa with new qb and the negative media attention fall back, Minnesota really misses Bateman, and we take care of all games expected to win or coin flip MSU, Rutgers, Purdue, Illinois, northwestern.

floor 2-3 wins

I would predict 4-6. Leaning 6 but may be optimist

Reactions: mavsker
How does Ohio State get a BYE the week before they play us AGAIN? We play Wisconsin, Iowa, and Minnesota before heading to Columbus. Amazing. Look at Ohio State's schedule.

Reactions: husker2612
Does anyone here learn?
Last year the schedule was easy for a B1G schedule and people were talking undefeated and top 10 for OSU game...
This team isn’t that good and Frost isn’t Urban Meyer.
Saying the team won’t lose more than one against Iowa, Wisconsin & Minnesota is pretty silly. Thinking Nebraska can stay competitive against OSU is crazy talk.
This is a .500 team. Saying 8-2 is possible is not being realistic. If the ball bounces the right way they could win 6 and with a miracle 7. But 4 is more likely than 7 & 3 is more likely than 8.

I don’t look at the roster, the coaching, the last few seasons with the roster & coaching combined, the schedule...and see how anyone sees success?

Does anyone here learn?
Last year the schedule was easy for a B1G schedule and people were talking undefeated and top 10 for OSU game...
Saying the team won’t lose more than one against Iowa, Wisconsin & Minnesota is pretty silly. Thinking Nebraska can stay competitive against OSU is crazy talk.
This is a .500 team. Saying 8-2 is possible is not being realistic. If the ball bounces the right way they could win 6 and with a miracle 7. But 4 is more likely than 7 & 3 is more likely than 8.

I don’t look at the roster, the coaching, the last few seasons with the roster & coaching combined, the schedule...and see how anyone sees success?
You're a douchebag. Go find the domer board.

Reactions: bigredhunter
Does anyone here learn?

So what exactly are you saying?

Nebraska's new 2020 schedule:

@Rutgers - (Win 31-20) This is assuming the game is even played. There’s a strong chance we get this game rescheduled or cancelled. I think the score is this close because of the offensive production lost in the off-season.

Illinois (Win 45-24) Nebraska couldn’t have a better set of opening games and I think we avoid stubbing our toe this year. Even at minimal capacity, I think Nebraska will have a great energy to play at home. Last year was a very close game but Nebraska was atrocious for the first 30 minutes of that game.

Wisconsin (Win 24-21) Catching Wisconsin early is a gift from the scheduling gods. They will obviously be ready to play Nebraska because they always are but I feel like we usually enter the Wisconsin game with our season already in shambles. This will be a game they we will absolutely need in order to get to 5 wins.

@Iowa (Loss 20-30) I don’t see us beating Wisconsin and Iowa this year. I think we will be riding a little high after starting 3-0. Iowa not only has the physical and talent edge, I think they have a mental edge. Basically the way we seemed to be in the heads of Colorado, Missouri, Kansas State for so many years.

Minnesota (Loss 21-23) This is where things get dicey. They will be able to run the ball and I think Tanner Morgan does just enough to get a W...and I hate that.

@Ohio State (20-56) Ohio State will be undefeated again and look to be a Covid-19 playoff team.

@Northwestern (Win 27-21) This has been a hard fought close game since joining the conference. We should get back in the win column in this game.

Penn State (Loss 37-24) I think this is a really fun close game with Penn State pulling away late. With or without Parsons, they have too much talent for me to predict a win.

@Purdue (Loss 34-30) We lose again but this time it’s to a Purdue team that is the surprise team in the B1G. Their dynamic offense does just enough to frustrate us and come away with a W for the Big Trains.

Michigan State (Win 31-13) I think we end a weird season with a win. Mel Tucker in his first year won’t have his team where it needs to be and Nebraska will be looking to set up a solid 2021 campaign and it starts the final weekend in Lincoln.

5-5. I think we would be a 2-1 record with the non-conference games we had scheduled. That “would’ve” gave us a 7-5 record. All in all some of the same deamons will haunt us but we will out grow some of them as well.

Reactions: artguy68
6and4 I think we lose to the state colleges from the east and lose to Wisconsin. I think we beat Iowa and lose another game that makes us sigh. Still building brothers.

Nebraska's new 2020 schedule:

@Rutgers - (Win 31-20) This is assuming the game is even played. There’s a strong chance we get this game rescheduled or cancelled. I think the score is this close because of the offensive production lost in the off-season.

Illinois (Win 45-24) Nebraska couldn’t have a better set of opening games and I think we avoid stubbing our toe this year. Even at minimal capacity, I think Nebraska will have a great energy to play at home. Last year was a very close game but Nebraska was atrocious for the first 30 minutes of that game.

Wisconsin (Win 24-21) Catching Wisconsin early is a gift from the scheduling gods. They will obviously be ready to play Nebraska because they always are but I feel like we usually enter the Wisconsin game with our season already in shambles. This will be a game they we will absolutely need in order to get to 5 wins.

@Iowa (Loss 20-30) I don’t see us beating Wisconsin and Iowa this year. I think we will be riding a little high after starting 3-0. Iowa not only has the physical and talent edge, I think they have a mental edge. Basically the way we seemed to be in the heads of Colorado, Missouri, Kansas State for so many years.

Minnesota (Loss 21-23) This is where things get dicey. They will be able to run the ball and I think Tanner Morgan does just enough to get a W...and I hate that.

@Ohio State (20-56) Ohio State will be undefeated again and look to be a Covid-19 playoff team.

@Northwestern (Win 27-21) This has been a hard fought close game since joining the conference. We should get back in the win column in this game.

Penn State (Loss 37-24) I think this is a really fun close game with Penn State pulling away late. With or without Parsons, they have too much talent for me to predict a win.

@Purdue (Loss 34-30) We lose again but this time it’s to a Purdue team that is the surprise team in the B1G. Their dynamic offense does just enough to frustrate us and come away with a W for the Big Trains.

Michigan State (Win 31-13) I think we end a weird season with a win. Mel Tucker in his first year won’t have his team where it needs to be and Nebraska will be looking to set up a solid 2021 campaign and it starts the final weekend in Lincoln.

5-5. I think we would be a 2-1 record with the non-conference games we had scheduled. That “would’ve” gave us a 7-5 record. All in all some of the same deamons will haunt us but we will out grow some of them as well.
Iowa has the talent edge?

Reactions: bshirt73

Frost will have his 3rd straight losing season.

Are you related to Bingo or Nebraska Reality? Are you an elementary teacher? What a hateful group.

The Huskers will be better or they won't. Gloom and doom doesn't fit in with my fandom. I'll be there, if they allow me. Go Big Red!
WOW - are you a little defensive or what??? The OP asked for a prediction and I gave a pretty safe one. If you want to dispute it, share some reasons. Otherwise, go back to sucking on your koolaid ice pop.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT