ADVERTISEMENT

Predicting where the top 11 uncommitted 2017 college football recruits will sign

zamzman

Senior
Jul 1, 2004
http://www.sbnation.com/college-foo...588/recruit-rankings-2017-uncommitted-players

Joseph Lewis, five-star WR, Hawkins (Calif.)
5-star WR Joseph Lewis is a nightmare in space
Blink and you might five-star USC Trojans target Joseph Lewis.

Posted by SB Nation College Football on Friday, July 15, 2016
Lewis is a complete receiver. He was one of the better receivers at last summer’s Nike Opening showcase in Oregon, and he’s gotten interest from just about every major program in the country. He’s fast enough to dangerous from anywhere, and at 6’2, he’s not limited to playing in the slot. The industry consensus is that Lewis will land at USC, but Nebraska has also pushed hard.

Bud’s take: USC makes the most sense. The Trojans get Lewis’ last visit. But watch out for Nebraska if the Cornhuskers are able to get Lewis, and four-star teammate Greg Johnson back to Lincoln before National Signing Day.

Tyjon Lindsey, four-star WR, Bishop Gorman (Nev.)
4-star WR Tyjon Lindsey has moves for days
4-star receiver Tyjon Lindsey is lightning.

Posted by SB Nation College Football on Monday, August 22, 2016
Lindsey decommitted Ohio State on Tuesday, and there’s little enough time left in the cycle that he’s probably got something else in mind. Lindsey is small at 5’9 (if he’s that tall), but he’s extraordinarily quick and has great straight-ahead speed. Whoever lands him will get an elite slot receiver. Recruiting watchers think there’s a good chance Lindsey lands at Nebraska.

Bud’s Intel: Nebraska. I have no idea who I would even consider over Nebraska at this point.

I know, slow play haha. With both perhaps one of the best WR hauls in history

I don't follow recruiting like many on here do so pardon my mistakes.

If we had to pick, would we take this Lindsey over the guy who committed to Oregon State, both or if we flip the Oregon State commit - what is the best scenario? Seems like they are both smaller slot type receivers. Right?

I don't follow recruiting like many on here do so pardon my mistakes.

If we had to pick, would we take this Lindsey over the guy who committed to Oregon State, both or if we flip the Oregon State commit - what is the best scenario? Seems like they are both smaller slot type receivers. Right?
Outsider/non-NU homer opinion...Lindsey is on a completely different level. He is a truly elite play maker that would probably be a 5* if he was a little bigger. If you land him he could end up being the best player in your class. I'm quite happy he is not going to tOSU.

(Note: my opinion is based on reading what analysts say about kids...I haven't seen any of them play)

Outsider/non-NU homer opinion...Lindsey is on a completely different level. He is a truly elite play maker that would probably be a 5* if he was a little bigger. If you land him he could end up being the best player in your class. I'm quite happy he is not going to tOSU.

(Note: my opinion is based on reading what analysts say about kids...I haven't seen any of them play)

Just to add to, I think he actually was a 5* before the knee injury. Either way, a very good talent.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT