ADVERTISEMENT

Predicting the BIG

husker2612

Recruiting Coordinator
Nov 29, 2010
Figured I would take a shot at predicting the BIG this year.

Ohio St 12-0
Penn St 11-1 Loss to Ohio St
Mich 10-2 Losses to Ohio St and Penn St
Wisc 10-2 Losses to Mich and Notre Dame
MN 9-3 Losses to Wisc, Mich, and Neb
Neb 8-4 Losses to Cin, Ohio St, Penn St and Wisc
Indiana 8-4 Losses to Wisc, Penn St, Ohio St, Mich
Iowa 7-5 Losses to MN, Ohio St, Penn St, Neb, Wisc
Purdue 6-6 Losses to Neb, Mich, MN, Wisc,Iowa,Ind
NW 5-7 Losses to Penn St, Neb, Iowa, Purdue, Wisc, MN, Ill
Illinois 5-7 Losses to Neb, MN, Wisc, Iowa, Ohio St, Purdue
Maryland 4-8 Losses to West Virgina, MN, Ind, NW, Wisc, Mich, Ohio St, Penn St
Mich St 3-9 Losses to NW, Miami, MIch, Ohio St, Ind, MN, Penn St, Mary
Rutgers. 3-9 Losses to Ohio St, Ill, Purdue, Ind, Neb, Mary, Mich, Mich st, Penn St

Ohio St 12-0
Rutgers. 3-9 Losses to Ohio St, Ill, Purdue, Ind, Neb, Mary, Mich, Mich st, Penn St
Dang I know i_wa sucks and all but 7-5 might even be hard for herks to swallow

Dang I know i_wa sucks and all but 7-5 might even be hard for herks to swallow
Of the 5 losses listed who do you think they beat? I will admit I could see the Neb game going their way. It can just as easily go our way. However outside of that I don't see them beating the others

Reactions: huskerfan66
If Nebraska goes 8-4 I’ll Venmo everyone who likes this comment $10.
Look at the schedule and who do you think we can't beat? Or better question where do you see the losses. I get after the last 2 years. We could lose pretty well to every team on here. However year 3 we should be showing significant progress. The only teams I say we have no chance to beat is Ohio St and Penn St. Purdue, Cin, SDST, NW, Ill, Rutgers, and MN Im guess we will be the favs. Iowa and Wisc I could see us a slight dog.
Lets go a step deeper, which games do you think are as close to automatic as possible. Central Michigan, SDST and Rutgers? So lets assume we for sure get those 3. Lets say we get 2 between Purdue, NW, Cin and Illinois. There is 5. Now between Iowa, Min I think we get 1 for sure if not both, but lets say 1. So we are at 6. Now take Wisc, Ohio St and Penn St. Im going to say we lose all of those. So basically very very conservatively we get to 6-6. You don't think we can pull out another win between Purdue, NW, Cin and Illinois. You don't think we could pull an upset over Maybe wisc or Penn St? Maybe get both between MN and Iowa?
LIke I said I get the hesitation I really do. 8 wins shouldn't be that far fetched it really shouldn't especially year 3.
2020 Nebraska Football Schedule
Date Opponent Time/TV Tickets
Saturday
Sep. 5 Purdue Boilermakers
Saturday
Sep. 12 Central Michigan Chippewas
Saturday
Sep. 19 South Dakota State Jackrabbits
Saturday
Sep. 26 Cincinnati Bearcats
Saturday
Oct. 3 at Northwestern Wildcats
Saturday
Oct. 10 Illinois Fighting
Saturday
Oct. 17 OFF
Saturday
Oct. 24 at Rutgers Scarlet Knights
Saturday
Oct. 31 at Ohio State Buckeyes
Saturday
Nov. 7 Penn State Nittany Lions
Saturday
Nov. 14 at Iowa Hawkeyes
Nov. 21 at Wisconsin Badgers
Friday
Nov. 27 Minnesota Golden Gophers
D

Last edited:

Ohio St 12-0
Gimme Purdue over IU and Iowa. Purdue is better than IU and Iowa has really struggled vs Brohm.

Look at the schedule and who do you think we can't beat? Or better question where do you see the losses. I get after the last 2 years. We could lose pretty well to every team on here. However year 3 we should be showing significant progress. The only teams I say we have no chance to beat is Ohio St and Penn St. Purdue, Cin, SDST, NW, Ill, Rutgers, and MN Im guess we will be the favs. Iowa and Wisc I could see us a slight dog.
Lets go a step deeper, which games do you think are as close to automatic as possible. Central Michigan, SDST and Rutgers? So lets assume we for sure get those 3. Lets say we get 2 between Purdue, NW, Cin and Illinois. There is 5. Now between Iowa, Min I think we get 1 for sure if not both, but lets say 1. So we are at 6. Now take Wisc, Ohio St and Penn St. Im going to say we lose all of those. So basically very very conservatively we get to 6-6. You don't think we can pull out another win between Purdue, NW, Cin and Illinois. You don't think we could pull an upset over Maybe wisc or Penn St? Maybe get both between MN and Iowa?
LIke I said I get the hesitation I really do. 8 wins shouldn't be that far fetched it really shouldn't especially year 3.
2020 Nebraska Football Schedule
Date Opponent Time/TV Tickets
Saturday
Sep. 5 Purdue Boilermakers
Saturday
Sep. 12 Central Michigan Chippewas
Saturday
Sep. 19 South Dakota State Jackrabbits
Saturday
Sep. 26 Cincinnati Bearcats
Saturday
Oct. 3 at Northwestern Wildcats
Saturday
Oct. 10 Illinois Fighting
Saturday
Oct. 17 OFF
Saturday
Oct. 24 at Rutgers Scarlet Knights
Saturday
Oct. 31 at Ohio State Buckeyes
Saturday
Nov. 7 Penn State Nittany Lions
Saturday
Nov. 14 at Iowa Hawkeyes
Nov. 21 at Wisconsin Badgers
Friday
Nov. 27 Minnesota Golden Gophers
D

if we win one of our final four games, you choose, that could very well be Frost’s best win yet at Nebraska - by a long shot. 0-4 down that stretch not unreasonable. But give me 1-3.

that’s puts us at 9-3 assuming we win out the remaining games, and those remaining games include a ton of toss ups looking at it today, the 12th of May. What have we seen the last 5 years that makes you believe we will win every toss up. South Dakota State can beat us. Cincinnati probably will beat us.

I want to be optimistic, but to me, for our offense to really improve, we need more WR’s. Relying on newcomers (betts/Manning) yet again seems like a broken record.

defensively we go as our LB’s do and that’s not very promising in my eyes. Plus we just lost 2 DL to the NFL.

On a good day I don’t see 8-4.

Reactions: husker2612
Of the 5 losses listed who do you think they beat? I will admit I could see the Neb game going their way. It can just as easily go our way. However outside of that I don't see them beating the others
I think they will beat Minnesota.

if we win one of our final four games, you choose, that could very well be Frost’s best win yet at Nebraska - by a long shot. 0-4 down that stretch not unreasonable. But give me 1-3.

that’s puts us at 9-3 assuming we win out the remaining games, and those remaining games include a ton of toss ups looking at it today, the 12th of May. What have we seen the last 5 years that makes you believe we will win every toss up. South Dakota State can beat us. Cincinnati probably will beat us.

I want to be optimistic, but to me, for our offense to really improve, we need more WR’s. Relying on newcomers (betts/Manning) yet again seems like a broken record.

defensively we go as our LB’s do and that’s not very promising in my eyes. Plus we just lost 2 DL to the NFL.

On a good day I don’t see 8-4.

Agree, we need to get some depth, talent, and stability in the WR area. For whatever reason it has been a revolving door under Frost. This is one area I thought we would see flourish under Frost.

Reactions: blackbones
I will wait to post my predictions because if I made some right now, today, it wouldn’t go over well on here.

Will wait for more information in hopes things get brighter. (But not OWH “hardest lifting ever” fluff pieces in June)

Reactions: Sinomatic
If Nebraska goes 8-4 I’ll Venmo everyone who likes this comment $10.

there’s a serious chance you might being doing just that. With a solid QB play last season we very well could have went 9-3 to 8-4. 7-5 to 8-4 range is more then realistic. But like Huskerfan1414, I’m going to hold off on my predictions...even more so the other BIG 10 teams. The only thing that’s for certain in the BIG 10 is OSU will be owning everyone else. Outside that, anyone of the teams could do good or struggle.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sinomatic

Ohio St 12-0

Iowa fan here- not too bad of a list. I would not be shocked if Iowa has a 7-5 type season with some key new pieces and a brutal schedule. I think Iowa is going to be good enough to be able to win every game but will have to pull out some close ones. At OSU and at PSU back to back is no help from the BIG10 gods.

Not unlike a lot of teams in the conference. Very thin margin between an extra 2-3 wins or 2-3 losses.

there’s a serious chance you might being doing just that. With a solid QB play last season we very well could have went 9-3 to 8-4. 7-5 to 8-4 range is more then realistic. But like Huskerfan1414, I’m going to hold off on my predictions...even more so the other BIG 10 teams. The only thing that’s for certain in the BIG 10 is OSU will be owning everyone else. Outside that, anyone of the teams could do good or struggle.
Solid QB play would have helped. Also with even slightly below average special teams play, instead of absolutely atrocious, we probably win at least a couple more games.

Reactions: headcard
Solid QB play would have helped. Also with even slightly below average special teams play, instead of absolutely atrocious, we probably win at least a couple more games.
But that was us, and has been our story for the past few years. Until we prove otherwise I don’t see how we can assume we won’t have “WTF” play in all three phases again. It’s who we are right now.

But that was us, and has been our story for the past few years. Until we prove otherwise I don’t see how we can assume we won’t have “WTF” play in all three phases again. It’s who we are right now.
True, but with a new ST coach and analyst, you would think we should eventually move back toward the middle of the pack.

Iowa fan here- not too bad of a list. I would not be shocked if Iowa has a 7-5 type season with some key new pieces and a brutal schedule. I think Iowa is going to be good enough to be able to win every game but will have to pull out some close ones. At OSU and at PSU back to back is no help from the BIG10 gods.

Not unlike a lot of teams in the conference. Very thin margin between an extra 2-3 wins or 2-3 losses.
Speaking of BIG10 Gods have you seen our last 5 games? lol Many husker fans think we could easily be 7-0 to start only to 0-5 the back half. I don't, but it is a realistic possibility. I will add I appreciate a respectful Iowa fan, we don't get many of those around here. lol

yep. I don’t see that changing overnight. 7-5 would be a spectacular year for 2020.

Reactions: SWIowahawks
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT