ADVERTISEMENT

Predict how we finish the season

Oct 7, 2012
I know it's a total crapshoot right now but just wanted to get everyone's thoughts.

Northwestern, L 31-28
North Dakota, W 38-17
Georgia Southern, L 45-42
Oklahoma, L 49-14
Indiana, W 35-21

Trying to stay objective with this prediction

Rutgers, Win - We carry the momentum and win a close one
Purdue, Win - Just beat Minny, but MN had a ton of mistakes and was without their best player
Illinois, Loss - Athletic team, looking solid right now
Minnesota, Loss - Mo Ibrahim is one of the best players in the B1G and they're a different team without him. I fear they will run on us & control the game
Michigan, Loss - Just overmatched talent-wise
Wisconsin, Loss - Hardest to pick right now with Cryst gone. Difficult to bet on us given the history though
Iowa, Win - Because fvck Iowa. Also think we can score on them and their offense is anemic which aids our biggest weakness

5-7

Reactions: JOHNNY N
I think we lose against Meatchicken and one other team, say maybe Illinois or any of them really. But button down and win close enough games otherwise as confidence begins to build.

Question is: would 8-5 be good enough to keep Mickey for at least another season to really see what he can do? I'd say yes.

But it's week to week. Starts with Rutgers!

I think we lose against Meatchicken and one other team, say maybe Illinois or any of them really. But button down and win close enough games otherwise as confidence begins to build.

Question is: would 8-5 be good enough to keep Mickey for at least another season to really see what he can do? I'd say yes.

But it's week to week. Starts with Rutgers!
That depends on who the other candidates for the job are. I would say it would give him a pretty good chance.

Reactions: BleedRed78
I got the same 3 wins as you, but I'm betting we also win one of the other 4.

So I say finish 4-3 to end the regular season at 6-6 and get a bowl game - we win and go 7-6 for the year.

I would venture a guess and say if you went back a year, you would see almost the same predictions.

I’ll stick with my early before the season prediction of 4-5 wins and I’d lean more to 4 wins than 5 at this point.

Reactions: Rick.Shaw
I know it's a total crapshoot right now but just wanted to get everyone's thoughts.

Northwestern, L 31-28
North Dakota, W 38-17
Oklahoma, L 49-14
Indiana, W 35-21

Purdue, Win - Just beat Minny, but MN had a ton of mistakes and was without their best player
Minnesota, Loss - Mo Ibrahim is one of the best players in the B1G and they're a different team without him. I fear they will run on us & control the game
Wisconsin, Loss - Hardest to pick right now with Cryst gone. Difficult to bet on us given the history though
Iowa, Win - Because fvck Iowa. Also think we can score on them and their offense is anemic which aids our biggest weakness

5-7
I predict this team will win only 1 more game, either against Wisconsin or Rutgers. This team largely still sucks

Northwestern, L 31-28
North Dakota, W 38-17
Oklahoma, L 49-14
Indiana, W 35-21

5-7
Lol… Nebraska will not beat Purdue… Indiana blows…

• Haha
ESPN FPI rankings say:
  • 45.4% chance of winning versus Rutgers
  • 17.4% vs. Purdue
  • 34.4% vs. Illinois
  • 19.8% vs. Minnesota
  • 4.8% vs. Michigan
  • 34.3 % vs. Wisconsin
  • 22.3% vs. Iowa
So ESPN says 2-10. Would love for them to be wrong seven times.
We won't be at Michigan, but we got a chance in every other game.

I think we have a good shot at Rutgers and Wisconsin. The rest of the schedule looks pretty tough for this team. Home for the holidays yet again. Ugh

If we play as halfway decent as we did against Indiana, I'd be surprised if we lose to Iowa. And maybe Wisconsin. Others are a bit more difficult to say for sure.

If we play as halfway decent as we did against Indiana, I'd be surprised if we lose to Iowa. And maybe Wisconsin. Others are a bit more difficult to say for sure.
Indiana beat Illinois, so I think we got a good chance against Illinois. All the games besides Michigan are winnable.

The Rutgers game will tell us a lot. Lose it and I doubt we win another one. If we win then maybe we can have the confidence to beat some of the others like Illinois and Purdue. Beating Indiana was nice but I remember the optimism from last year when we annihilated Northwestern only to lose all the rest. Our only hope is that the improved play from our defense against Indiana was not an anomaly. Play like that for the rest of the season and we might have a chance to win a few.

Rutgers - Close win.
Purdue - Loss. Purdue is legit. That offense has a lot of firepower. Think we lose this one. Purdue probably wins the West imo
BYE
Illinois - Loss. Physical team, Bert has them playing really well.
Minny - Loss. Really depends on how the first quarter goes. Tanner Morgan does not play well from behind.
Michigan - Loss.
Wisconsin - Win. Hard to say, I'd need to see "Jimmy" coach a few to really know. They look bad. They aren't recruiting well anymore and NIL has really affected their ability to get playmakers from the portal because they are WAY behind in it. OL is still solid but Mertz keeps regressing and their linebacking corps stinks
Iowa - Loss. Think our offense really struggles and the spec teams are the best in the B1G. A couple big plays and we could pull off an upset.

I'm gonna guess we have a 4-8 finish with Mickey finishing 3-5 which isn't enough to get the job. Could see us upsetting Illinois or Minnesota though. I hope Mickey can go .500 it won't get him this job. But he'll likely get a head coaching gig and I think he's got an opportunity to be a good head man. Just don't think he's quite ready for a job this big. Trev will name Lance Leipold our next head coach on Sunday after the Iowa game is my prediction.

Rutgers - Close win.
Purdue - Loss. Purdue is legit. That offense has a lot of firepower. Think we lose this one. Purdue probably wins the West imo
BYE
Illinois - Loss. Physical team, Bert has them playing really well.
Minny - Loss. Really depends on how the first quarter goes. Tanner Morgan does not play well from behind.
Michigan - Loss.
Wisconsin - Win. Hard to say, I'd need to see "Jimmy" coach a few to really know. They look bad. They aren't recruiting well anymore and NIL has really affected their ability to get playmakers from the portal because they are WAY behind in it. OL is still solid but Mertz keeps regressing and their linebacking corps stinks
Iowa - Loss. Think our offense really struggles and the spec teams are the best in the B1G. A couple big plays and we could pull off an upset.

I'm gonna guess we have a 4-8 finish with Mickey finishing 3-5 which isn't enough to get the job. Could see us upsetting Illinois or Minnesota though. I hope Mickey can go .500 it won't get him this job. But he'll likely get a head coaching gig and I think he's got an opportunity to be a good head man. Just don't think he's quite ready for a job this big. Trev will name Lance Leipold our next head coach on Sunday after the Iowa game is my prediction.
Perhaps he can get a gig at a G5 school like Ohio.

Northwestern, L 31-28
North Dakota, W 38-17
Oklahoma, L 49-14
Indiana, W 35-21

5-7
Seems about right, hoping to slip in 1 more for 6-6. I drink the Kool Ade every year, why not dream ?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT