ADVERTISEMENT

Pre-Season Top-25 Polls Released

if frost can't win with this years games....it's like we play cup cakes, rebuilding 0u, all the lower big ten teams, then some medium games towards the end...

dr tom would be playing bama for the marbels with them games.

tenor.gif

Reactions: HuskerO
Surprised to see Wake and Pitt so high. Both lost their QB's that carried their offenses to the draft. Pitt also lost Addison to USC, and Whipple left to join the good guys.
Wake does have Hartman back. That kid is pretty salty, looks like he and the QB from NC State should battle it out for ACC Offensive POY. Slovis is a pretty good replacement for Pickett, Pitt has a couple chances early in the year to beat WVU and Tennessee at home to pad their resume a little.

Wake does have Hartman back. That kid is pretty salty, looks like he and the QB from NC State should battle it out for ACC Offensive POY. Slovis is a pretty good replacement for Pickett, Pitt has a couple chances early in the year to beat WVU and Tennessee at home to pad their resume a little.

I thought Hartman was gone, that makes way more sense.

I don't see 10 win Purdue on this list. What??? 🤔
NC State...has more votes than ALL of the Big Ten West combined...

Can't wait for the Big Ten West fanboys to pop in and explain that.

Iowa coming off one of their best ever seasons, not ranked.
Minny with a 6 year starting QB and stud RB back, not ranked.
Purdue coming off its best season in like 20 years with a returning QB and apparently tons of amazing talent, not ranked.

More bulletin board material for Nebraska and the Brick House Head Coach.

NC State...has more votes than ALL of the Big Ten West combined...

Can't wait for the Big Ten West fanboys to pop in and explain that.

Iowa coming off one of their best ever seasons, not ranked.
Minny with a 6 year starting QB and stud RB back, not ranked.
Purdue coming off its best season in like 20 years with a returning QB and apparently tons of amazing talent, not ranked.
Don't get your blood pressure up over a pre-season poll. The coaches ranked Iowa State #8 pre-season last year .... also Indiana #17 (finished 2-10) and Miami #18 (finished 7-5). Couple other doozies as well.

Don't get your blood pressure up over a pre-season poll. The coaches ranked Iowa State #8 pre-season last year .... also Indiana #17 (finished 2-10) and Miami #18 (finished 7-5). Couple other doozies as well.
Oh man, ISU at 8 last year was the reason that Lame Ass Iowa got to the top 5...They pulled off that amazing "upset" when they beat ISU! Haha

this is the first time in quite a while even I can't say the b1g is overrated in the pre-season (michigan is def overrated).

I think I'm in the minority but I expect sparty to be pretty good again. I don't think last year was a fluke, Tucker's proven to be a pretty good coach and a damn good recruiter

Reactions: mgbreis
this is the first time in quite a while even I can't say the b1g is overrated in the pre-season (michigan is def overrated).

I think I'm in the minority but I expect sparty to be pretty good again. I don't think last year was a fluke, Tucker's proven to be a pretty good coach and a damn good recruiter
I feel like the last 20 years of being a Nebraska fan has ruined by ability to judge what is a good coach. Everyone we play seems to have a really good coach.

I feel like the last 20 years of being a Nebraska fan has ruined by ability to judge what is a good coach. Everyone we play seems to have a really good coach.
I think a real good coach begins with having really good assistants, and most head coaches stays out of their road.

At the top of the heap, look at Bama. Saban changes OC's and coaches almost yearly. He tends to replace position coaches with guys who may have just gotten fired from a head coaching job at another school or organization. No doubt, those fired coaches he brings in have been position coaches and coordinators on their way to becoming head coaches. So he replaces experienced coaches with more experienced coaches.

Ryan Day at Ohio State is another who doesn't seem to mind canning coaches. He's committed to winning and if he's dissatisfied with a position coaches overall unit, he makes a change.

A lot of programs have a head coach and assistants that have been at the school long term. There are a few that remain real good, but the majority keep running that 8-3, 9-2 record with an occassional down year and then maybe a 9-3, 10-2 record to remain in their positions. Those programs, administrations and fans seem to be content with consistent winning records.

Top notch coordinators appear to be the biggest key. Brady and Aranda at LSU were the most recent example of how high they can elevate a team in quick order. And having a kid like Burrow really flourish under Brady's playcalling. Aranda moved onto Baylor as the Head Coach and has been very good.

It seems the TOP coordinators all make a $ 1 Million plus. It seems like money well spent.

Reactions: BleedRed78
ADVERTISEMENT