ADVERTISEMENT

Practice Report

sfrost

Blackshirt
Nov 29, 2003
no pads and early so take it for what it is. Haven't been on a lot so if there is some repeat I apologize.

QB is a one man race. It's all Tommy. Not that he is great it's just he's that much better than the rest. Everyone still needs to pump the breaks on the Bush train. He's still raw. I might even give the number two to Darlington. I personally think Tommy is keeping the seat warm until next years crop is ready.

Rb. Newby is clearly number one. Imani looks slimmer but faster. I don't think we have an all American but a solid deep rb group. Stevenson is explosive. Wilbon is super quick and Taylor hits the hole with authority. Everybody has something to bring to the table but none have it all yet.

WR. I thought Turner was the most explosive WR today. I think Morgan is more ready than Alston. Solid group here as well.

TE. Cethan looks like a solid all around TE. Injury free now. Snyder has the look of a future stud. Won't be long before he's number two IMO.

OL. Solid across the board but the youngs guys have more natural talent. When guys like Farmer Barnett, and Foster get up to speed we might have some AA type talent coming. I saw Barnett get his butt kicked by Collins but on the next play buried him. Good to see from a freshmen.

DL. I think our DTs are loaded and DEEP. Stolenburg looks like an absolute animal. The twins look like they could play now as well. The DEs are not as deep but have some good looking young guys. Neal looks the part. Also the other freshmen DE has a great frame. Our entire DL will look much better next year. Just need some time.

LBs. U know the three that have already played. The new guys that stood out were Ferguson and Young. They have the bodies to play right now whereas the other fresh like Barry and Talin need more weight.

DBs. They are so deep and talented here I couldn't tell you who the stand outs are. A Williams will be special. He dropped a pick six tonight. Kalu will start with Davie.

STs. Interesting note. Tyson B might be the back up punter. Saw a lot of work on trick plays with special teams which will be fun.

It's clear that the players LOVE Mike Riley. He greets everyone by name as they walk out to practice. He gives hugs and high fives. I think these guys will play hard for him.

Had a few scuffles today. M Collins vs the offense turned into a good rumble. Collins seems to have a chip on his shoulder. I know this isn't much but if you have specific ?s go ahead.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News