ADVERTISEMENT

Practice observations

Status
Not open for further replies.
you're looking at yards/attempt (7.0), not yards/completion (9.77)

Very possible, I have no clue why ESPN would track yards per attempt but that’s on them if so.

Simply put, Martinez went from 58% the season before to 71% this past season and he also lower his INTs. So I’ll definitely give him Credit where it’s due. Both him and the WRs need to do their parts and fix the turnovers. Do that and everything else will correct itself. It’s all about showing it on the field this season. No excuses.

Very possible, I have no clue why ESPN would track yards per attempt but that’s on them if so.

Simply put, Martinez went from 58% the season before to 71% this past season and he also lower his INTs. So I’ll definitely give him Credit where it’s due. Both him and the WRs need to do their parts and fix the turnovers. Do that and everything else will correct itself. It’s all about showing it on the field this season. No excuses.
it's not possible, it's exactly what it is.

ESPN tracks yards/attempt because it is a fair (but, by no means a silver bullet) metric for quarterback comparison.

AM completed less passes, but averaged half a yard more per attempt the year before, so it basically evened out.

completion percentage is really neither here nor there in terms of predictive (or past, for that matter) success, and in AM's case is purely a function of Frost & Co's play calls, which essentially eliminate lower completion likelihood passes (15+ yards downfield) in favor of dinks and dunks.

now, if he, or anyone, were to complete 71% of passes at 9+ yards/attempt, they'd run away with the Heisman. in Joe Burrow's Heisman campaign, he was at 76% on 10.8 yards/attempt, which are insane video game numbers.

Reactions: BrighteRed24
it's not possible, it's exactly what it is.

ESPN tracks yards/attempt because it is a fair (but, by no means a silver bullet) metric for quarterback comparison.

What do you mean “It’s not possible”? Ok, up until this point, I was with and agreeing with your points. But then you throw out some opinion based comment/s. They can improve in that area. Hell, Martinez has already done so in one season and that’s with little to no help from his RBs or WRs.

Another plus, Adrain Martinez not only lead the BIG in pass completion percentage but he was also 4th in the BIG in Pass Efficiency (just barely behind M Penix Jr. from Indiana). He has definitely improved, no matter how much people don’t want to give him credit.

Last edited:
Reactions: Catch50 and OzzyLvr
What do you mean “It’s not possible”? Ok, up until this point, I was with and agreeing with your points. But then you throw out some opinion based comments. They can improve that area. Hell, Martinez has already done so in one season and that’s with little to no help from his RBs or WRs.

Another plus, Adrain Martinez not only lead the BIG in pass completion percentage but he was also 4th in the BIG in Pass Efficiency (just barely behind M Penix Jr. from Indiana). He has definitely improved, no matter how much people don’t want to give him credit.
Rambo said yards/attempt, and you responded it’s possible...

he was saying it’s not “possible,” it’s what it is. Thats what the espn stat represents. That’s all.

Last edited:
exactly. That’s their only REAL knock on me is I’m an optimistic Husker fan that hasn’t gave up hope. Why some on this board hate optimism is beyond me. 🤷🏽

Outside that, I’m no different then others on here. Talking sports, making predictions and sharing my view and opinions.
Yeah...you’re actually a complete mess.

Reactions: yunginsNU2
giphy-downsized.gif

I have nothing but respect for others views and opinions. Myself, I give Martinez his due. He got benched during the NW game. He didn’t bitch, complain or go running to the transfer portal. He took it like a man, kept rooting on his teammates and kept being a leader.

He kept battling and kept fighting back until he got a second shot vs Illinois. From that point on he went for (rushing not included)....

84 of 108 (77%), 825 yards (passing), 9.82 yards per pass (not attempts), 4 TDs and 2 INTs (both INTs coming in the Rutgers game)

He has earned my respect. He definitely has to improve on his fumbling issues (there is no doubt about that) and improve his deep ball accuracy. Plus side to this, the fumbling issues can be coached and can be fixed. It’s all about mechanics and how you hold the ball. That’s an issue that can be corrected (look at A Green for proof).

Just my view and opinion. Take what you will and leave the rest....GBR

Last edited:
Actually his yards per completion is middle of the road at 7.0 yards per pass. He’s currently above the QBs from Iowa, Wisconsin, NW, Purdue, MSU, Rutgers. And only .5 from Indiana, Minnesota, and PSU, and .6 from Michigans QB.

But I honestly do agree with you. They need to get more deep balls in there this season and Martinez definitely needs to fix his fumbling issues. That has to go.

What’s his record as a starting QB? Will he go down as the worst QB in Husker history? These are really the only stats that matter... everything else are minor details.

Stop being an ass to me.
Yeah...you’re actually a complete mess.
And I’m a complete mess? I’m just having fun trolling Tuco since he’s acting like a complete ass hat. But leave it to you to pick me out as the one in the the wrong. Even though Tuco’s obsessed ass is doing the exact same shit, even before I started.

Last edited:
Wait just a minute there nube. No need for name calling. It isn’t my fault Salts allows me to live rent free in his head.

No worries, it’s just me big guy. Again, you will never see the other one because he’s blocked your dumb ass. One of these days I’ll start doing that. For now, I love a challenge and trolling right back. 😎

• Haha
Reactions: saltsdogg
No worries, it’s just me big guy. Again, you will never see the other one because he’s blocked your dumb ass. One of these days I’ll start doing that. For now, I love a challenge and trolling right back. 😎
I didn’t block him so I would still see him he won’t see me. If he indeed blocked me.

Again I did not block him so I would still see his posts. He just won’t see mine

he blocked you old man, put on your glasses. I didn’t say anything about you blocking him (for one, he didn’t do anything to you to start with).

Me on the other hand, I got nothing but time. You and I can do this ALLLL DAY if you want. Hell, we can go on for months, I’m down. What ever you prefer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT