ADVERTISEMENT

Practice observations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Scott and Johnson both look like they can do the job. With a small sample, I really liked what I saw from Scott.
Scott is a burgeoning bellcow with his build. I agree we shouldn't write him off too soon.

and Johnson looked good against iowa last year. would be nice to see him consistently involved for once.

Reactions: dinglefritz
What the hell are you talking about Cybil? I am not obviously wrong. You saying it isn't true doesn't prove anything, even if you have your "brother" post after you as some sort of attempt to confirm.

As I said I don't care if you post as you, or post as your "brother" posts. Hell you can create a @Saltsblowupsexdoll account and post as her if you want.

Just keep pumping your sunshine, following and responding to the high school kids on the twitter, and doing you and all of your personalities.
GBR!

Scott and Johnson both look like they can do the job. With a small sample, I really liked what I saw from Scott.
Less bullish on both from the sample of plays I saw last year, but perhaps last year wasn't a particularly fair proving ground for the young guys. In terms of the new-new guy, it's pretty clear that Held likes what he sees from Gabe Ervin.

Reactions: NikkiSixx
Less bullish on both from the sample of plays I saw last year, but perhaps last year wasn't a particularly fair proving ground for the young guys. In terms of the new-new guy, it's pretty clear that Held likes what he sees from Gabe Ervin.
Man, Ervin better be good at the rate they're going. I'll say it again, don't be shocked if Stepp is not the only RB transfer they get in.

Stepp missing the whole Spring doesn't help. I'm usually one to downplay the importance of Spring but the "We didn't get any Spring Ball" excuse has been rolled out by the staff so many times maybe it *is* a really big deal.

Sevion and Thompkins having 8 stars and 5 carries between the two of them is not super fun.

They're building themselves an "All-If-He-Could-Just-Get-Healthy" team in that RB room. Should see if Thunder Collins and DeAngelo Evans have any eligibility left.

Man, Ervin better be good at the rate they're going. I'll say it again, don't be shocked if Stepp is not the only RB transfer they get in.

Stepp missing the whole Spring doesn't help. I'm usually one to downplay the importance of Spring but the "We didn't get any Spring Ball" excuse has been rolled out by the staff so many times maybe it *is* a really big deal.

Sevion and Thompkins having 8 stars and 5 carries between the two of them is not super fun.

They're building themselves an "All-If-He-Could-Just-Get-Healthy" team in that RB room. Should see if Thunder Collins and DeAngelo Evans have any eligibility left.

Man, I remember seeing the name Thunder Collins growing up and I thought it was badass.

Nice photos. You should be proud of your son. Good to see a young man serving in the armed forces, like I did. Thank him for his service for me.

However the fact that you took the time to post this elaborate post, full of photos and a story about you, your brother and your son, says you actually do care what some old cheap bastard writes about you on a free message board. By the way, would it matter if it was a pay site? Seems odd to include the word free in there.
Anyway

As far as liking you, I don’t even know you to dislike you. Unlike you, my opinion of myself is not defined by my reputation on an anonymous football message board, free or otherwise.

I don’t even know you to dislike you.

Now wait a sec, you don’t know me enough to like or dislike me? Yet you think you know me enough to make a judgment call on my account/s over the last 7 years? Wow...you don’t say....🤔

I see you completely ignored the fact I got back on and edited my post completely and focused on what I initially said. A real winner....lmfao

Again, I don’t even care what some cheap skate old man thinks or believes on a FREE message board. Moving along. GBR

Last edited:
I think periodically he gets shitfaced, comes on here and gets into with others.. at least that is my theory as evidenced by the lack of coherent logic at times. I put him on ignore sometime last year. Maybe you will have better luck?

I don’t drink or do drugs. I work night shift. Last night I got off in real bad mood and initially posted while pissed off. I got back on one more time before I went to bed and edited some stuff after I cooled down. Same page now....?

Nikki I haven’t been on the damn board since Nov 20, 2020. So get off my a$$ and stop brown nosing Tuco. If you are reading everything in this thread, you will see BOTH Tuco and myself are going back and forth and it actually STARTED with Tuco. It wasn’t me this time. That and I haven’t bother you or anyone else outside JIB321, Tuco and JIB321 second account. Unless you want my attention.....🤷🏽

Last edited:
Now wait a sec, you don’t know me enough to like or dislike me? Again, I don’t even care what some cheap skate old man thinks or believes on a FREE message board. Moving along. GBR
Good grief ... I have lost count of the number of times you have popped up with overly verbose diatribes exclaiming how much you don’t care about what he believes ... you obviously care very deeply

Good grief ... I have lost count of the number of times you have popped up with overly verbose diatribes exclaiming how much you don’t care about what he believes ... you obviously care very deeply
I'm kind of surprised by this, seeing as how consumed you are by this board

also - LOL at yet another edit. either you just can't help adoring your own handy work or can't quite get it all out all up front.

I assume your giddiness at every clever thought causes premature postjaculation.

I'm kind of surprised by this, seeing as how consumed you are by this board

also - LOL at yet another edit. either you just can't help adoring your own handy work or can't quite get it all out all up front.

I assume your giddiness at every clever thought causes premature postjaculation.
Funny isn’t it? Lmfao 🤦🏼‍♂️😂🤣

I have absolutely no time for jlb321. I’m going back to my old ways with him and ignoring him (not blocking him but ignoring him).

Last edited:
Reactions: scarletred
I don’t even know you to dislike you.

Now wait a sec, you don’t know me enough to like or dislike me? Yet you think you know me enough to make a judgment call on my account/s over the last 7 years? Wow...you don’t say....🤔

I see you completely ignored the fact I got back on and edited my post completely and focused on what I initially said. A real winner....lmfao

Again, I don’t even care what some cheap skate old man thinks or believes on a FREE message board. Moving along. GBR
Just ignore them. Tuco is obviously just being a douche. Who cares be as optimistic as you want. There is enough negative peeps around here.

Reactions: huskerssalts
Just ignore them. Tuco is obviously just being a douche. Who cares be as optimistic as you want. There is enough negative peeps around here.

exactly. That’s their only REAL knock on me is I’m an optimistic Husker fan that hasn’t gave up hope. Why some on this board hate optimism is beyond me. 🤷🏽

Outside that, I’m no different then others on here. Talking sports, making predictions and sharing my view and opinions.

Last edited:
Reactions: scarletred
I don't look all that much at yards per carry. When I watch a RB, I'm looking at his vision, balance and strength at contact. I saw Scott make a really nice catch on one play, make a guy miss and deliver a blow to a would be tackler. All on one play. In that game I also saw him run inside and keep going forward when hit by either a safety or linebacker. I don't know what kind of straight line speed he has to take one to the house but if he can knock a safety on his ass by lowering his pads and keep on trucking, that works well for me. Again, we saw a very small sample, but I liked what I saw. He looked like a man out there.

Reactions: HominidHusker
While I have no idea if it is true, it makes business sense.

The more fans, the more clicks, the more stars, the more interest.

It is not like the raters and sites are accountable to anyone, this is not some regulated industry. They literally made it up. 4 stars! 93%, 43 best TE!

We could make up our own system too...

If I ran/owned a service like this, I would do all I could to promote clicks and subscriptions.

Scott is a burgeoning bellcow with his build. I agree we shouldn't write him off too soon.

and Johnson looked good against iowa last year. would be nice to see him consistently involved for once.
Scott looks like the kind of guy that Iowa State or Minnesota would pound for 25-30 carries a game for 100+ yards per game. I think he could do that for us and take a lot of heat off of Martinez.

Scott has the kind of build I think you need to handle the rigors of the Big ten. If he's got the other intangibles, he can be pretty good for us. These lean, fast guys are situational players at best imo

Reactions: John_J_Rambo
I don’t drink or do drugs. I work night shift. Last night I got off in real bad mood and initially posted while pissed off. I got back on one more time before I went to bed and edited some stuff after I cooled down. Same page now....?

Nikki I haven’t been on the damn board since Nov 20, 2020. So get off my a$$ and stop brown nosing Tuco. If you are reading everything in this thread, you will see BOTH Tuco and myself are going back and forth and it actually STARTED with Tuco. It wasn’t me this time. That and I haven’t bother you or anyone else outside JIB321, Tuco and JIB321 second account. Unless you want my attention.....🤷🏽
Ladies, just stop, OK?

And let me help you out here since you cut off most of my post. Appears you wanted to take things out of context...this is the key part of that post...”he has the potential to be the best WR we have had in the most recent years. That’s assuming Betts breaks out this season coming up and plays up to his potential.”

here’s my actual post...nice try though...

“Well it’s definitely Irving Fryer for best so far.

Then I’m going to say Zavier Betts, he has the potential to be the best WR we have had in the most recent years. That’s assuming Betts breaks out this season coming up and plays up to his potential. We have never pulled in a WR of his caliber and skill set, probably ever.”
He has nobody to throw it to him. Receivers need that to be productive.

no sir, you are correct. As of right now, he’s only got the BIG leader in pass competition percentage (71%) A. Martinez.
dead last in the B1G in air yards per completion. his completions are glorified handoffs.

dinking and dunking is no way to win when you also lead the free world in giving the ball to the other team.

dead last in the B1G in air yards per completion. his completions are glorified handoffs.

dinking and dunking is no way to win when you also lead the free world in giving the ball to the other team.
Actually his yards per completion is middle of the road at 7.0 yards per pass. He’s currently above the QBs from Iowa, Wisconsin, NW, Purdue, MSU, Rutgers. And only .5 from Indiana, Minnesota, and PSU, and .6 from Michigans QB.

But I honestly do agree with you. They need to get more deep balls in there this season and Martinez definitely needs to fix his fumbling issues. That has to go.

Actually his yards per completion is middle of the road at 7.0 yards per pass. He’s currently above the QBs from Iowa, Wisconsin, NW, Purdue, MSU, Rutgers. And only .5 from Indiana, PSU, and .6 from Michigans QB.

But I honestly do agree with you. They need to get more deep balls in there this season and Martinez definitely needs to fix his fumbling issues. That has to go.
AIR yards per completion doesn't factor in run after catch, like plain yards/completion does.

in that metric, he is dead last, meaning the amount of distance the ball travels from his hand to the receivers' is minimal, putting all the onus on them to make a play.

sometimes they do, often times they do not.

AIR yards per completion doesn't factor in run after catch.

in that metric, he is dead last.

yes sir, you are correct but run after catch is more on the WRs and less on the QB (although leading the WRs better would help too).

Actually Martinez was second-to-last in the BIG in yards per completion. Want to take a guess at who was dead last?

• Haha
yes sir, you are correct but run after catch is more on the WRs and less on the QB (although leading the WRs better would help too).
it's better to run after catching it 10 yards downfield than 2.

we do very little of the first due to AM's accuracy issues any meaningful distance from the line of scrimmage.

it's better to run after catching it 10 yards downfield than 2.

we do very little of the first due to AM's accuracy issues any meaningful distance from the line of scrimmage.

agreed, passes have to get down field better this season. The swing passes to 10-15 yard passes are ok but you have to be able to hit those 15-30 plus yard passes as well. If not, defenses will sit on top of you all game long. So I’m with you, we have to improve the deep ball. 100%

Actually his yards per completion is middle of the road at 7.0 yards per pass. He’s currently above the QBs from Iowa, Wisconsin, NW, Purdue, MSU, Rutgers. And only .5 from Indiana, Minnesota, and PSU, and .6 from Michigans QB.

I think you are looking at yards per attempt. Martinez averaged 9.77 yards per completion, which was second-to-last in the BIG and 99th in the country. A former Husker QB (under whom the offense "ran at light speed!") finished last at 9.21 yards per completion, which ranked 104th.

agreed, passes have to get down field better this season. The swing passes to 10-15 yard passes are ok but you have to be able to hit those 15-30 plus yard passes as well. If not, defenses will sit on top of you all game long. So I’m with you, we have to improve the deep ball. 100%
we can't hit passes 8-15 yards downfield consistently

anything longer than that seems like a miracle when they happen, which is like once/game

I think you are looking at yards per attempt. Martinez averaged 9.77 yards per completion, which was second-to-last in the BIG and 99th in the country. A former Husker QB (under whom the offense "ran at light speed!") finished last at 9.21 yards per completion, which ranked 104th.

no I’m sitting here looking at BIG individual stats leaders via ESPN. Here, I got a little help.

Nope. Rutgers' old one.
You are correct on that one. Vedral is dead last in yards per completion. Sitting at 5.7 yards per pass.

2nd to last, P. Ramsey NW with 6.1

3rd to last S Petra Iowa with 6.4

4th to last G Mertz Wisconsin with 6.4

7th to last and 7 from 1st is Martinez with 7.0

Last edited:
Not sure where the difference lies, but I was looking at these rankings:

NCAA FBS leaders, yards per completion
If I had to guess, that’s got to be figuring in WR yards after catch? That area is another huge issue that needs addressed. We didn’t get many yards after catch from anyone on the team.

Similar to a punter kicking a 50 yard punt and the return man returning it 10 yards. That nets as a 40 yard punt, although he actually kicked it 50 yards. Something similar to that, I suppose?

Last edited:
If I had to guess, that’s got to be figuring in WR yards after catch? That area is another huge issue that needs addressed. We didn’t get many yards after catch from anyone on the team.

Similar to a punter kicking a 50 yard punt and the return man returning it 10 yards. That nets as a 40 yard punt, although he actually kicked it 50 yards. Something similar to that, I suppose?
you're looking at yards/attempt (7.0), not yards/completion (9.77)

Last edited:
Reactions: saltsdogg
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT