ADVERTISEMENT

Practice observations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cool beans; I do not believe you.
Cool beans; and I do not care.

but it is funny how you think my bro would throw that account away when he had it since the Callahan years. Why in the world would he make a new account when he could have used that one and paid for a HOL script? Not to mention I had this while he had that one (I joined 2007)...🤔🤔. Makes no sense at all. But hey, what ever helps you sleep at night.

Last edited:
Reactions: huskerssalts
I'm not consuming any koolaid at this point. He was just one of them that really stood out that look like he changed his body quite a bit.

I am excited to see Ervin as well. Good looking running back. just hope he plays the part.
A national Rivals analyst was being interviewed and the ONE guy he thought could come in and have an immediate impact for NU was Ervin. He said he's ready to play right now mentally and physically. Frost has called him "an adult" in the manner in which he prepares and practices. Media has gotten limited time to watch practice, but Greg Sharpe as the voice of the Huskers no doubt been allowed to watch more than others. He has noted that Scott and Ervin look the part.

I hope Stepp can contribute but right now he looks like a recruiting bust. Same with Manning. Even when they both “recover” from their injuries it won’t matter. New injuries will arise. They are both too physically fragile for college football. Ditto with Sevion.
Stepp will be fine. He'll be ready for summer workouts and 7 on 7s with the QBs, WRs and other RBs. IF they could get Mo Washington and then Wandale integrated in to the offense as true freshmen, they'll easily do it with Stepp. Granted watching live drills and scrimmage plays is not the same as participating, but he's learning the offense. He'll be MUCH more prepared to step in right away this fall than a normal fall enrollee.

Stepp will be fine. He'll be ready for summer workouts and 7 on 7s with the QBs, WRs and other RBs. IF they could get Mo Washington and then Wandale integrated in to the offense as true freshmen, they'll easily do it with Stepp. Granted watching live drills and scrimmage plays is not the same as participating, but he's learning the offense. He'll be MUCH more prepared to step in right away this fall than a normal fall enrollee.

agreed on Stepp. A USC analysis said he thought Stepp was USC’s best RB on their team last season. His only issue is staying healthy. If he can stay healthy, he could make a big impact in our offense. But definitely far from a “bust”.

Sports scribes got 30 minutes. Jojo, Stille, Honas, Manning, Step and Rahmir not fully dressed. Morrison MIA. Peter and Foreman at practice. Javin Wright at OLB in place of Jojo, Newsome occupyinig Bootle's vacated spot, opposite of CTB.
Adrian had a nice deep ball to Betts. Haarberg had a nice throw to Alante Brown.
Parker described Ru'Quan Buckley, Gunnerson and Jimari Butler as "big kids".
Also

From the 2nd article:

The coaches have expressed an emphasis on deep balls and explosive plays during this spring.

agreed on Stepp. A USC analysis said he thought Stepp was USC’s best RB on their team last season. His only issue is staying healthy. If he can stay healthy, he could make a big impact in our offense. But definitely far from a “bust”.
He might have had a tough time last year getting a competent medical diagnosis of his injury. It's possible that a recurring injury wasn't properly treated to allow him to "stay healthy". I don't think this as big of a setback for him as some think. He's familiar with the speed of D-1 football and while not physically participating he'll still be involved with practice and learning from the side.

Reactions: saltsdogg
From the 2nd article:

The coaches have expressed an emphasis on deep balls and explosive plays during this spring.

I hope they are also focusing on pass protection, ball placement, and completion percentage on all routes. Winking

Disagree. Prediction: he will get injured again

Disagree. Prediction: he will get injured again
Most RBs playing significant snaps get injured multiple times during a season. The question will be whether or not we can keep him on the field. If not, guys like Scott, Ervin, Johnson and Morrison will be more important. Personally I'm high on Scott. We've got better depth than we've had for a long time at RB.

maybe temporarily but i wouldn't anticipate that scenario long term with a couple of these kids. there is a HUGE difference in draft stock between players who spent their careers at guard versus tackle. 4/5 star OTs should stay at OT for the benefit of their careers rather than moving to guard. Even if they are capable of playing OT they will be significantly penalized in the draft for not spending their time in college playing at the tackle spot.
Teddy P and Banks would be hurting their futures by agreeing to move inside. If corcoran appears to be as good at LT as advertised he would be crazy to agree to move inside as well. OT is where you want to be if you have the ideal attributes to play there. You dont move inside. OT bodies are unique and rare. You dont throw away your best attribute by moving inside. anybody can play inside
the numbers at that position that Frost recruited is going to result in a bunch of really good OLs sitting on the bench. Thats good for NEB. But these kids were so highly rated i would be stunned if they accept the bench. I would advise them to find playing time somewhere that needs them. Frost has his 2 starters and they have 4 years left to play. Anyone else on the roster is going to end up disappointed

Wouldn’t Benhart and Corcoran both be draft eligible soon? Benhart this year Corcoran next ?

Are we judging players according to one practice, as observed for 30 minutes by the media?

Well that, and the fact that he didn’t play one snap last year with horrible QB play in front of him and no risk of eligibility loss.

Well that, and the fact that he didn’t play one snap last year with horrible QB play in front of him and no risk of eligibility loss.
I too am curious why he didn’t get a snap last year, but still think 5 practices into spring ball doesn’t mean he sucks and won’t play in the fall. He was a true freshman last year, and maybe wasn’t ready. Or, maybe he sucks and won’t see the field.

I just think it’s a little early to make that proclamation.

I too am curious why he didn’t get a snap last year, but still think 5 practices into spring ball doesn’t mean he sucks and won’t play in the fall. He was a true freshman last year, and maybe wasn’t ready. Or, maybe he sucks and won’t see the field.

I just think it’s a little early to make that proclamation.
That and it was a mere 30 minutes in front of the media today. Pretty small sample size if you ask me and it wasn’t even all bad either.

Cool beans; and I do not care.

but it is funny how you think my bro would throw that account away when he had it since the Callahan years. Why in the world would he make a new account when he could have used that one and paid for a HOL script? Not to mention I had this while he had that one (I joined 2007)...🤔🤔. Makes no sense at all. But hey, what ever helps you sleep at night.
Well considering "you" showed up about the same time "he" left, a reasonable person could easily make the assumption that you are he and he is you. Then consider you have the exact same posting style, and the assumption becomes even more viable.

Sort of reminds me of when the ole Tom's wife account showed up and Tom was pretending to be his old lady on the message board. He didn't fool many either.

Well considering "you" showed up about the same time "he" left, a reasonable person could easily make the assumption that you are he and he is you. Then consider you have the exact same posting style, and the assumption becomes even more viable.

Sort of reminds me of when the ole Tom's wife account showed up and Tom was pretending to be his old lady on the message board. He didn't fool many either.

fair enough but no sir, I didn’t just start showing up after he left (btw, he’s still here, just isn’t talking). I been on these board since 2007. I just rarely come to the free board. Been trying to show my face a little more this past few months because you guys have some solid info as well.

I am glad to see some Husker fans on these boards are missing him. It’s not the first time he “disappeared” from the boards. A few years back (maybe a bit longer) he didn’t post at all. Just kept up on the recruiting part of things. I believe it’s the negativity that keeps him away.

fair enough but no sir, I didn’t just start showing up after he left (btw, he’s still here, just isn’t talking). I been on these board since 2007. I just rarely come to the free board. Been trying to show my face a little more this past few months because you guys have some solid info as well.

I am glad to see some Husker fans on these boards are missing him. It’s not the first time he “disappeared” from the boards. A few years back (maybe a bit longer) he didn’t post at all. Just kept up on the recruiting part of things. I believe it’s the negativity that keeps him away.
Who knows, but if I went away, and within a few weeks, Hector, Marco, Leonel and Lalo Salamanca started posting all the time, I would expect everyone on here to think it is me.

Especially if they were making lucid, intelligent and well thought out posts, such as I do.

Perfect. Can you call him a buffoon for me when you get a chance?

Thanks.

I’m still baffled that a day or so after Held was high on having all of his RBs for spring, we find out 3 aren’t playing. WTH?

Hope they get it together fast. The Ervin talk could be genuine of course, but if it’s only him Scott, Thompson, and walkons getting reps, then there’s not as much in the way to “show flashes.”

We heard about Rhamir making plays in practice only to go milk carton once the season started.

Last edited:
@jlb321 I think it’s cute though, seeing how your obsession with my brother has carried over to me. All because we have the same last name? Either way, sorry my man, we are both straight and married. Keep trying though, maybe you will find another man on these free boards. Don’t give up hope...😉
I don't know why you guys don't put this troll on ignore. Haven't seen a word he's written for many months. I've got no use for him.

No idea who jlb may be. It is most laughably not me.

I do not know who you are either.

You post in a particular way that mirrors your late brother, RIP Huskersalts.

You guys twins? Or twin?k$ ?

Most RBs playing significant snaps get injured multiple times during a season. The question will be whether or not we can keep him on the field. If not, guys like Scott, Ervin, Johnson and Morrison will be more important. Personally I'm high on Scott. We've got better depth than we've had for a long time at RB.

Correction: we MAY have better depth but it is only on paper.

Who knows, but if I went away, and within a few weeks, Hector, Marco, Leonel and Lalo Salamanca started posting all the time, I would expect everyone on here to think it is me.

Especially if they were making lucid, intelligent and well thought out posts, such as I do.

Tuco, I have never had an issue with you or most on this board. There are a select few I bumped heads with but you wasn’t one of them. I’m little surprised to see you give Saltsdogg crap and taking JIB321’s side, Really? Saltsdogg and I sound and talk similar because we are brothers with the same mom and dad, grew up together and went to the same schools and everything else like that. Of course we sound a like.

Now out of curiosity, what made you think I’d delete this account and make a new one? Then later come back on and claim it’s not me or pretend to be someone else? I had no reason to hide or pretend to be anyone else. I stayed off because of the negativity and how bad the board is these days. Nov 20, 2020 was the last time I posted on here.

Either way, you guys should know me well enough to know I’d never run or hide. There was never any reason to. I was never scared to get on and take my bumps and root on my Husker. Even when i made prediction and was wrong. I’d always get back on later or the next day....GBR

Last edited:
Good call. It’s done and I got both of his accounts.

You did nothing wrong little bro. Some of these guys hate someone who takes a positive view and still has hopes for our Huskers. These guys obviously don’t know me at all if they think I’d make a new account and claim to be someone else. I’m not JIB321, that’s something he’d do. The pathetic weasel. 🤦🏼‍♂️

If anything, he plays well the first half of the season while younger player gets up to speed. We've got plenty of guys to choose from. Surely one of them will step up
I agree. We have some nice talent in that room. My only point is that Stepp is so often injured I just don’t think he has the body to hold up to B1G defenses.

Wait, that wasn’t Toms actual wife?

Tuco, I have never had an issue with you or most on this board. There are a select few I bumped heads with but you wasn’t one of them. I’m little surprised to see you give Saltsdogg crap and taking JIB321’s side, Really? Saltsdogg and I sound and talk similar because we are brothers with the same mom and dad, grew up together and went to the same schools and everything else like that. Of course we sound a like.

Now out of curiosity, what made you think I’d delete this account and make a new one? Then later come back on and claim it’s not me or pretend to be someone else? I had no reason to hide or pretend to be anyone else. I stayed off because of the negativity and how bad the board is these days. Nov 20, 2020 was the last time I posted on here.

Either way, you guys should know me well enough to know I’d never run or hide. There was never any reason to. I was never scared to get on and take my bumps and root on my Husker. Even when i made prediction and was wrong. I’d always get back on later or the next day....GBR
Relax, I’m not taking anybody side. My posts were in jest. I could give a flying F who is Behind the screen name. Don’t take yourself so seriously.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT