ADVERTISEMENT

powder puff schedule

l.a. husker

Walk On
Sep 7, 2006
los angeles ( atwater village) ca.
i known ohio st. looks awsome right now,no. 2 defense in the nation, justin fields connecting 70 % of his passes dobbins is averaging 100 yds. a game, but who have they played? florida atlantic is 2-2,cinncinati is 2-1 a win over hapless ucla, indiana3-1 against lesser known schools, and mighty miami of ohio. fields is averaging 40 yds.rushing per game against these powerhouses. mark my word osu hasnt played anybody like nebraska,right now i wouldnt trade adrian, wandale or washington for any of osu players. and our beefy defense might surprise them plus the fact that they are playing in our backyard. we might have an upset!

Reactions: SOHusker11
i known ohio st. looks awsome right now,no. 2 defense in the nation, justin fields connecting 70 % of his passes dobbins is averaging 100 yds. a game, but who have they played? florida atlantic is 2-2,cinncinati is 2-1 a win over hapless ucla, indiana3-1 against lesser known schools, and mighty miami of ohio. fields is averaging 40 yds.rushing per game against these powerhouses. mark my word osu hasnt played anybody like nebraska,right now i wouldnt trade adrian, wandale or washington for any of osu players. and our beefy defense might surprise them plus the fact that they are playing in our backyard. we might have an upset!
If we had played those same teams most of the games would have been close and hard fought. Ohio State obliterated them.

Cincy and Indiana definitely aren't cupcake schools. They arent cream of the crop but they certainly aren't cupcakes. They're a step above FAU and 2 steps above Miami OH. Cincy was one of the highest vote receiving teams outside the top 25 before OSU waxed them, they won 11 games last year and returned a bunch of starters. Colorado is on par with Cincy and Indiana as good schools that aren't great and aren't terrible.

You could say the same thing about our schedule right not, and our only convincing win was against NIU. I hate to say it, but this game has me hoping for the best and preparing for the worst.

'twill be a slaughter. The kind of program-changing defeat that would wreck a winning team. Luckily for us, we are coming off back to back 4-8 records so there's nowhere to go but up.

You could say the same thing about our schedule right not, and our only convincing win was against NIU. I hate to say it, but this game has me hoping for the best and preparing for the worst.
Yep. The Husker fan in me is hoping for that magical night where we play great and OSU lays a turd. But the realist in me cringes at how ugly this game is probably going to get.

Justin Fields has been impressive. DObbins is impressive. I thought Fields would be a "running" quarterback throwing ducks to his receiver.

Nebraska will at least need to be +2 in turnovers ro remain close. Nebraska has been turnover prone on offense and inconsistent at safety with blown coverages and terrible run fits. We can't make field goals past 40 yards.

I think we'll win.Laughing

I’ll drink a little bit if that Koolaid! We take care of the ball for a change and force a couple turnovers no question we could win the game.

The way tOSU beat Cincy is as impressive as any win this season with the exception of Wisky boat racing Michigan. We'll see first hand how tough those guys are next year, they're far from a gimme.

Reactions: Pennsyhusker
If we had played those same teams most of the games would have been close and hard fought. Ohio State obliterated them.
Some folks just can’t see the train that’s coming until it crashes into them. As much as I’d love to see a razor close game or a win, this game reminds me of the 2007 tilt against USC, hopeful, but we all knew better, or at least after that contest we did.

Can someone please translate this to English.

I can't even read this. Captilization, punctuation, paragraphs.

I hope the OP didn't actually graduate from kNowledge College

Reactions: SkerInCo
Some folks just can’t see the train that’s coming until it crashes into them. As much as I’d love to see a razor close game or a win, this game reminds me of the 2007 tilt against USC, hopeful, but we all knew better, or at least after that contest we did.

For me, the was absolutely the most humiliating NU game I've ever seen. USC could have EASILY scored 80 or so points if they were inclined. They had their water-boys just running up the middle early in the 3rd qtr for the rest of the game.

But of course, there are zillions of Clownahan apologists here.....I'm sure they'll have a couple thousand excuses ready to go.

For me, the was absolutely the most humiliating NU game I've ever seen. USC could have EASILY scored 80 or so points if they were inclined. They had their water-boys just running up the middle early in the 3rd qtr for the rest of the game.

But of course, there are zillions of Clownahan apologists here.....I'm sure they'll have a couple thousand excuses ready to go.

Our guys got pushed around by the #1 ranked team that night.

Did you watch the 2012 CCG by chance? I believe Vegas had us winning that one by a couple scores.

Reactions: SOHusker11
Yeah, OSU only looks good because of the teams they played...

Come on.

He definitely did not say they aren’t good but based on that schedule they have NOT played anyone of note, that’s a valid point period. Nor have they played a true road game, did you see last weeks game at Indiana that is a 50k seat stadium it was maybe 80% full and half OSU fans..not a tough environment. Memorial at night will be a hostile place. Last but not least Fields got beat out at Georgia and played only garage time, so basically this is first time in college playing meaningful snaps....point being he hasn’t played any big time games so jury is still out. We may certainly get beat but some of you think OSU is unbeatable for some reason.

He definitely did not say they aren’t good but based on that schedule they have NOT played anyone of note, that’s a valid point period. Nor have they played a true road game, did you see last weeks game at Indiana that is a 50k seat stadium it was maybe 80% full and half OSU fans..not a tough environment. Memorial at night will be a hostile place. Last but not least Fields got beat out at Georgia and played only garage time, so basically this is first time in college playing meaningful snaps....point being he hasn’t played any big time games so jury is still out. We may certainly get beat but some of you think OSU is unbeatable for some reason.

Fields got beat out by a stud...not some dork...so that really isn't an issue.

Look, I get what you are saying but there is a reason they are favored by 17...

Generic question...when a poster says to “mark my word(s)”, is that some sort of ominous message? I’m pretty sure that anytime I’ve marked someone’s words, they’ve been incorrect.

'twill be a slaughter. The kind of program-changing defeat that would wreck a winning team. Luckily for us, we are coming off back to back 4-8 records so there's nowhere to go but up.
giphy.gif

Can someone please translate this to English.

I can't even read this. Captilization, punctuation, paragraphs.

I hope the OP didn't actually graduate from kNowledge College
How ironic coming from the iowa tard who skips five lines between sentences. English wouldn't do you any good retread.

kNowledge, man that's funny. Did your dad help you come up with that?

Cute name btw, ffs.

Reactions: l.a. husker
Are you saying that you don't think we'll get beat down?
I'm not saying that. But what I'd like to ask is why are all the naysayers so focused on being sick over the likely ass kicking that is coming? Is this some huge program defining moment on Saturday? No. Did we all assume we'd win this game six months ago? No. If we lose this game by a large margin I couldn't care less as long as we continue to improve, bring in the recruits, and go to a bowl game. It just seems to me like the "I told you so" gang wants to hang this game around Frost's neck before it even takes place. Why? Whatever your reason, just know in advance that it's unreasonable and dumb.

Our guys got pushed around by the #1 ranked team that night.

Did you watch the 2012 CCG by chance? I believe Vegas had us winning that one by a couple scores.

Yeah, our defense got run over pathetically. But at least our offense and TMart racked up some offense too (31 points). As sick as that game was (and yes, it was!)..... it wasn't in the same horrible galaxy as that USC game. Again, that was the worst ever by a country mile imo......we were lucky that USC was so merciful. God knows how many scores they could have run up if they even tried.

I'm not saying that. But what I'd like to ask is why are all the naysayers so focused on being sick over the likely ass kicking that is coming? Is this some huge program defining moment on Saturday? No. Did we all assume we'd win this game six months ago? No. If we lose this game by a large margin I couldn't care less as long as we continue to improve, bring in the recruits, and go to a bowl game. It just seems to me like the "I told you so" gang wants to hang this game around Frost's neck before it even takes place. Why? Whatever your reason, just know in advance that it's unreasonable and dumb.

Dilly Dilly!

You can bet your ass that with a loss comes the same people looking to complain about it when everyone expected a loss to begin with.

Reactions: bshirt73

It's not really so much about hanging anything around Frost's neck, just frustration with where we're at. Also a bit of a coping mechanism, preparing myself for the absolute worst so that I'm not so upset if it does come to fruition.

Reactions: mgbreis
It's not really so much about hanging anything around Frost's neck, just frustration with where we're at. Also a bit of a coping mechanism, preparing myself for the absolute worst so that I'm not so upset if it does come to fruition.
I get it. I just decided a few years ago I'm not gonna make myself and everyone around me miserable over a football game. I'm at the point now where I truly believe better times are ahead. When Frost starts winning the big ones I don't want to be the guy who enjoys the meal but complained the entire time it was being cooked. On the other hand, I'm a hypocrite and will feel sick if we get rolled Saturday.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT