ADVERTISEMENT

Potential Portal QBs

Whatever happened with the recent QB that was visiting - I think from Texas???

Had zero other offers and was supposedly a family friend of Joseph?

Some question if he actually had an offer

Reactions: dinglefritz
I doubt Casey comes back. But even if he does, we definitely need a transfer.
It will certainly be a defining task for Rhule to find “his” QB to either compete with Casey (and hopefully surpass him), immediately grab the starting role if Casey’s gone, or at least become QB of the future if Casey stays and wins the job.

*I’m not knocking Casey for wanting him to be our backup, but just addressing the desire to “upgrade” in every way possible.

We also really need our QB (along with as many contributors as possible) to be here for spring ball.
I’m not a fan of trying to inject so much talent late in the process just before fall camp, but it could be a necessary step to round out the roster.
New coach needs a good spring and fall session to get his team clicking.

I am intrigued by Torres. He supposedly has excellent upside. I hope he's adding good weight.
Injury prone, meager high school statistics, not anything to hang your hat on. If a guy doesn't have it in hs, he probably isn't going to have it in major college ball.

Serious question here.....can players portal in for spring semester?
The answer to my question is "YES". The portal opens up very close to the day the CFP teams are announced... 45 days (Dec/Jan), and then another 15 day window in May. It should be an interesting next few months.

Reactions: king_kong_
Hudson Card graduates from UT's business school this year. I believe he has 3 years left to play, if he wants. He hasn't announced entering the transfer portal yet, but it's pretty much a forgone conclusion.

Hudson Card graduates from UT's business school this year. I believe he has 3 years left to play, if he wants. He hasn't announced entering the transfer portal yet, but it's pretty much a forgone conclusion.
do you still think Arch Manning will be redshirted next year in favor of Ewers?

honestly, one of the dumbest things I've seen here. fantastic stuff

• Haha
Reactions: LonghornInOmaha

What are you thoughts on him?

What are you thoughts on him?
Very athletic guy. Played WR in high school, too. Made some decent strides from last year to this year despite being #2 on the depth chart. He's more of a dual threat guy, so he doesn't really fit Sark's system. He did a solid job when he was forced into duty when Ewers got hurt against Alabama. I think he'll be a starter for some program next year.

Reactions: headcard
I’d like Casey to stay, try to get a good HS QB and work with all of them and weed out the chumps. Then maybe take a transfer next year. If Casey leaves, why not take two from that list… what we have behind CT is freakin awful

Injury prone, meager high school statistics, not anything to hang your hat on. If a guy doesn't have it in hs, he probably isn't going to have it in major college ball.
Torres didn't play for some juggernaut High school team that put up 60 points a game. Those aren't terrible stats.

Torres suffered a knee injury that cut his senior season short. He threw for 912 yards and 12 touchdowns in four games, while rushing 14 times for 76 yards and one touchdown. As a junior, he passed for 1,149 yards and 18 touchdowns, while rushing for 276 yards. Torres also played basketball for Southside.

ADVERTISEMENT