ADVERTISEMENT

Potential bad weather Monday

What I find interesting is we are getting a foot of snow here and people are freaking out. I used to drive up US 395 to Mammoth Lakes when 6 inches an hour was falling. The snowplows kept up on the highway and main roads and people put on chains if necessary and it was no big deal.
Nobodies freaking out. We don't get big snow anymore. Freaking out is people in Texas or the south when an inch or two shuts down the city.

What I find interesting is we are getting a foot of snow here and people are freaking out. I used to drive up US 395 to Mammoth Lakes when 6 inches an hour was falling. The snowplows kept up on the highway and main roads and people put on chains if necessary and it was no big deal.
I think its a matter of perception. In the south, they get an inch and major cities such down. 15 in inches in Buffalo ( or mammoth lakes) is nothing. This is the most snow we have had in a day here since 1997. If people can be wound up that NU hasnt won a title since 97, surely they can be wound up for such an unusual snowfall in a day.

A show I've never watched a full episode of that I'm so looking forward to
It's been years since I've watched it, but thinking back to some of the classic episodes still makes me laugh. Two that come to mind are when his buddy Dale becomes a bounty hunter, and when they're getting ready for Y2K.

There was also a scene where Hank's dad plays ping pong with a stripper (who's off-screen). She's.... not using a paddle.

Reactions: ThereIsNoPlace
Ha! People in Texas straight up break out the Arctic gear when it dips below 50. Bunch of effing pussies.

I went to the market on Saturday. It was 52F. I'm walking in the store and (I kid you not) there is this lady in full parka mode. I'm in shorts and tshirt. I walk in the door and the store has the heat blasting in the entry way. I'm like, "It's 52 degrees!" To be fair, it was a chilly day. Wind from the north and a damp chill to the air, but still.

I think its a matter of perception. In the south, they get an inch and major cities such down. 15 in inches in Buffalo ( or mammoth lakes) is nothing. This is the most snow we have had in a day here since 1997. If people can be wound up that NU hasnt won a title since 97, surely they can be wound up for such an unusual snowfall in a day.
Good points.

ce7Ns37.jpg

nvYfaPw.jpg

Anytime I get to bust out the carbide tipped studs is a good time....bring it. (taken yesterday)

Where is this at? I own 5 fat bikes and put in about 30 miles of single-track in Wilderness Park right before this storm. I highly doubt it will be rideable for a while unless Lincoln decides to buy a trail groomer. That will never happen though.

Where is this at? I own 5 fat bikes and put in about 30 miles of single-track in Wilderness Park right before this storm. I highly doubt it will be rideable for a while unless Lincoln decides to buy a trail groomer. That will never happen though.

I will do better than tell ya, I'll show ya. When the weather allows I'll take ya on a guided badass fatbike trail that will blow your mind. Tag me in a post sometime and we'll hook up, day or night, I ride both.

nite-jpg.1906836

....and how in the hell do you own 5 fatbikes? Where do you park all of them? Are you married to the best woman ever, or single??

5????? What are they?

Weird, no deer in the picture ;)

hyEuR5J.jpg

Also Chalco.....There are no less than 10 in this picture...counted with my eyes, then took a pic, and cannot see of of them but they are there. I have literally almost hit these damn things screaming down the path next to Giles at night and they get startled and are sitting in the ditch and run out, and I am not kidding I almost hit one about a month ago doing over 20mph....Now I slow down on that hill and pedal backwards to create as much noise as possible so they pop their heads up and my lights shine off their eyes so I can see em...be pretty hard to explain to the people you love that you are in the hospital cause you hit a deer.

• Haha
Reactions: bigboxes and WHCSC
nite-jpg.1906836

....and how in the hell do you own 5 fatbikes? Where do you park all of them? Are you married to the best woman ever, or single??

5????? What are they?

Haha yes married to a wonderful woman. They are in order of ownership

2015 SEbikes F@E that got me into riding. After getting more serious I bought a 2017 Salsa Mukluk GX1 because I loved the color scheme and upgraded to Eagle XO1 since I had heard great things about it. Then a used 2017 Salsa Beargrease Bombpop came up for sale with 36.3 miles on it so it was a no brainer to buy. It is mint and because of my OCD that is the only way I'll own a used bike. :p Because of a hookup at Whitetail Cycle Sport in North Platte I got a 2019 Beargrease for a smoking deal, but mostly got it for the wheelset to put on the Mukluk and loved the color scheme also. Then a month ago I bought a 2020 Beargrease from my buddy that was originally built by a guy in Omaha. Over a 7k build for half that, and again mint. My 15 year old son is now big enough to ride my bikes so I can justify having that many now right? I'm in Lincoln but have been making some trips up to Omaha to ride Tranquility, Walnut Creek, and Chalco, but we couldn't find the outlaw single-track other than the far south end so just stay on the paved trails. I want to do more riding up there too and help with some trail builds too. I usually hit Oxbow on the way home too. If you are on Facebook get on Nebraska Fat Bikes page. I am now an editor on it and plan on doing alot more riding this year since the last 5 years was consumed by building a place out west.

WHCSC, I know you from the HPH days, not personally, but you gave me a cover for a Jeep yearsssssss ago that I still feel like I owe you for. 👍

Reactions: litespeedhuskerfan
WHCSC, I know you from the HPH days, not personally, but you gave me a cover for a Jeep yearsssssss ago that I still feel like I owe you for. 👍
Don't let it get out that I'm a nice guy. I got a good thing going over here. ;)

Reactions: kruller
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT